Water Shut-Off Policy
Snow Plow Policy
No Smoking Policy
Important Information on the New Water Vaults and Water Valves
- Snowplowing over the new water vaults is prohibited. Water vaults will be marked with snow stakes so they can be avoided. A transmitter in the vault lid can be damaged by snowplowing.
- Using a truck or tractor mounted snow blower over the new water vaults is prohibited. Manual snow blowers are allowed, but damage to a vault will result in Violation Penalties, below.
- Access to the water vaults and their contents is limited to Ponderosa personnel. Only Ponderosa personnel are authorized to use the water valves in the vaults. The Ponderosa will turn on/off water at the vault when requested by a member.
- Water Shutoff Valves. All members with an authorized connection to the Ponderosa water supply are required to install and maintain, at their expense, a water shutoff valve for their lot on their property.
- Violation Penalties. If these provisions are violated, the Bylaws and Operating Procedures authorize the Board of Trustees to impose fines commensurate with the costs of repair, terminate water service, deny privileges, and/or revoke member in good standing status.
Hookup Fee and Fines
The Corporation will charge:
- A hookup fee of $250.00 per lot, payable in advance, to provide initial water hookup;
- A fine of one hundred dollars ($100.00) and immediate termination of water service shall be levied for connecting to the Corporation’s water system without express approval of the Board of Trustees, or for taking water off of Ponderosa Estates.
- An additional fine of two hundred dollars ($200.00), termination of water service shall be levied, and initiation of criminal action considered if a member restores the withdrawn water service without express approval of the Board of Trustees.
Water service fines become due and payable 30 days after the billing date, and are subject to liens and foreclosures.