Water Shut-Off Policy
Snow Plow Policy
No Smoking Policy
Snow Plowing Policy
- Roads traveled by the school bus have first priority in the morning. The remainder of the roads will be plowed as soon as the bus routes are cleared.
- Sanding is a priority on Colt and Palomino. HOWEVER, it is wasteful to spread sand when the snow is falling, as it will be covered quickly and therefore of little use for traction. Therefore, unless there are extenuating circumstances, sanding will take place after the snow has stopped falling.
- NO PARKING on roads or cul-de-sacs! Our roads are so narrow that the plow needs every bit of maneuvering room available to keep our roads clear. Vehicles will be towed and impounded if they are impeding traffic OR the snowplows.
- Obey the one-way signs. When someone takes a short-cut by driving the wrong way on a one-way, it is a sure recipe for disaster, usually resulting in vehicles in the ditch, sideways in the road, or jackknifed. Since we only have one way in and one way out, it is scary to contemplate what would happen if the roads are blocked and emergency vehicles are not able to reach someone in need of help.
- Every effort will be made to keep the roads clear, especially during busy weekends. Cooperation from the members helps our employees fulfill their obligations. To that end, it is imperative that all members and visitors abide by the following rules:
A. Use snow tires during the winter season.
B. CARRY CHAINS! Make sure they are the right size, and make sure you know how to install them! (Yes, even IF you have 4 wheel drive! )
C. Obey the speed limit of 15 m.p.h.
D. If in doubt, stop and chain up before attempting to drive
our roads. It might save you a tow bill, and will certainly save other road users a lot of grief and wasted time.
E. Remember to use a lower gear when driving on ice and snow. Brakes are minimally effective on slick surfaces.