Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
September 12, 2015, 8:00 a.m. at the Ponderosa Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Daryn Wilbur – President
- Ken Paauw – Vice President
- Doug Barga – Director of Operations
- Shannon Stithem – Treasurer
- Tim Abel - Secretary
- Brad Ulrich – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 3
The meeting was called to order by Daryn at 8:00 a.m.
8:02 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Daryn entertained a motion to approve the Board meeting minutes from August. Doug moved to accept, Shannon seconded – all approved. Motion carries.
8:04 a.m. Approval of Executive Board Meeting Minutes – Daryn entertained a motion to approve the Executive Session Report & Voting. Ken moved. Shannon seconded.
8:05 a.m. Treasurer’s Report
- Liens were filed on two properties which are 45 days past due.
- We are at 68% of the budget, which is on track. Currently over budget on office costs due to the purchase of a computer. This is expected to fall back into line in the coming months.
Daryn made a motion to approve the August Treasurer’s Report. Doug moved, Ken seconded. All approved – motion carried.
8:15 a.m. Old Business
- Update on Paving Gravel Roads, Ditched and Driveways – Making good headway. Chip sealers are tackling the steeper roads first (Riata, Saddle and Thoroughbred) before the cold weather hits. A&W paving and members of the board met to look over the drainage issues on Riata. A&W is working with the Ponderosa to keep the costs within budget. All cul-de-sacs will be chip sealed and the Riata drainage issue addressed. There was a suggestion to making the schedule for the paving project more visible in order to provide members with preparation planning. Brad will check with A&W to see if this is possible. Ken is the liaison for the project.
- Burning of slash piles under the power lines – Walt Lancar will be burning the slash piles that had been left under the power lines from the forest thinning project. The piles have already been pulled away from the trees to a suitable burning location. This is expected to happen this year.
- Approval to close out water loan in October – Daryn requested the board approve closing out the water project loan by the deadline of October 1st. This would mean officially closing the project with the state. It’s been held open for the full four year term of the project loan in order to accrue money in a reserve account in preparation for the initial payment on the loan which will include all accrued interest. Daryn entertained a motion to close it out. Ken moved. Shannon seconded. Unanimous.
8:35 a.m. New Business
- No mid-month executive session topics.
- Looking into Ponderosa Saddle Street property. The Chelan County Planner came up with three options to reduce the cost of taxes. The board felt we designate the property ‘Greenbelt’. This would require a plat amendment and would change the legal description to open space and impact/limit future development. Fees involved any legal hoops we need to jump through to get this done will now be explored. To complete this move it will require a membership vote, which will occur once all the process and the dollar figures are solidified.
- Vern Little is requesting the board, and members, approve a Boundary Adjustment/Elimination on his property. The county has made the suggestion that he eliminate this lot line in order to build his house on the land. Property will still be governed by Ponderosa bylaws. There should be no financial impact to the Ponderosa in approving this adjustment/elimination, positive or negative. Daryn entertained the motion to approve the Boundary Adjustment/Elimination and make it a ballot measure for Ponderosa membership to consider on the next ballot. Doug moved. Shannon seconded. Motion carried.
- 2016 Budget Discussion
- The M&O has the biggest increase. After discussion it was suggested we hold off on approving the pool and roads budgets until October when the board will have more solid numbers to work with.
- Audit is required every seven years. Membership will need to vote on adding the cost of an audit to the budget total on the next ballot.
- Committee budgets need current YTD figures before board can approve.
- Daryn was leery at dropping the payroll budget $4000 as the 2016 budget proposed. He recommended we leave the payroll at current levels: $212,000 annually.
- The board discussed adding the choice to waive the audit to the ballot
- The board discussed adding the potential costs of cleaning up the remaining greenbelt areas to the 2016 budget for membership approval.
- The board will discuss and finalize the all numbers in the October meeting.
Association Manager’s Report Highlights
Slash piles are moved – need to be burned
2 Liens filed on past due properties with 29 members past due.
10:00 a.m. Members Open Floor Questions
10:05 a.m. Adjourn to Executive Session
- No executive session. No need to reconvene.
10:06 a.m. Adjourn – Daryn entertained a motion to adjourn the Board meeting. Shannon moved, Doug seconded - all approved. Meeting adjourned.