Ponderosa Community Club
Our Mission: The Ponderosa Community Club's mission is to create and maintain a safe and welcoming community which enhances recreational and residential living through active membership participation, visionary leadership, and commitment to sustainability and harmony with the natural environment.


Association Manager

Needler

Governing Documents

Forms

 

Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
March 12, 2011 10:30 a.m. – at the Clubhouse

 Board Members Attending:

  • Ann Ashford – President
  • Daryn Wilbur – Vice President
  • Jeanne Whitlow – Operations Director
  • Steve Geho – Treasurer – via Phone Conference
  • Claudia Kuniholm – Secretary
  • Mary Cox – Association Manager

General Members Attending: 6 Members

 The meeting was called to order at 10:30. 
10:30 a.m.    Salute the Flags

10:35 a.m.     Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – The minutes of the February meeting were approved as written – all approved.  Moved and seconded – Jeanne, Claudia
                       
Executive Session Report & Voting as Required
Updates on real estate issues were discussed, including letters that were sent to homeowners to follow up on open issues, the signature that was received from one homeowner on title document project, and follow-up action that Chelan Douglas Health District took with homeowner that is experiencing challenges with septic system.  No mid month meeting was held.

 10:45 a.m.     TREASURER REPORT
In relation to the budget we are on track with expenses:
17% of year has passed.
CD Status: Nothing has changed. No CD’s are maturing at this time.
A/R status update: Approximately half of the annual dues have been collected, at the end of February.  Some accounts are past due, but others paid the entire year.  Mary is following up with those that have not paid first half of dues yet.  Mary reviewed process.  Finance charges are assessed, at 45 days letter is sent stating that when 60 days past due we can turn off the water.
11% of budget year to date has been spent
2% of legal budget spent on liens, etc.
0% of insurance budget has been spent – this is an annual fee
14% of salary budget has been spent
M&O Maintenance Account Balance - $183,704.25
M&O Reserve Account Balance - $33,489.00
Water Fund Account Balance - $406,736.05, with an outstanding loan balance of $271,003.91, during the month of February $5,146.00 was spent towards the water mains project and $170. was spent towards the emergency pumping project.
Capital Improvement Account Balance - $218,326.14

Past Dues Status - $12,000 active accounts, $19,000 in dollars being working on.

Moved to accept treasurer’s report – Moved by Claudia, second by Jeanne, all approved

10:38 a.m.     OLD BUSINESS

  • PCC Water Distribution Project Updates – application for low interest state loan from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund was resubmitted – more funds are available this year and not as many applied as last year, however those water systems with contamination issues are priority. Mary, Bill Schmidt and Jeanne reworked application in hopes of a better outcome this year.  Hopefully with consideration to the fact that we estimate we are leaking 25% of our water due to water main leaks, we may be able to move up the list.  Meters will be required by 2017 according to changes in state law.  Preliminary surveying is complete on high priority areas.  Now a detailed survey is being done of this area.  These are being finalized.  Once complete the results will be available in the office.  A couple of lots will require easements. 
  • Bill has also begun to work with the Department of Health to meet the requirements that are necessary with them.  USDA loan is out of the picture, because most of the people do not live in the Ponderosa, we would not qualify.  The board concurred that this was not an option.  It was requested that we reverse the action that was taken last year in regards to changing the by-laws.  A measure will be included on the ballot in May. 
  • Vern Little may have one other option.  He will discuss this with Mary and Jeanne outside of the meeting to see if it is feasible to pursue.
  • Enough funds are available to do Phases 1, 2, 3, & 7 of the project.
  • Bylaws committee update – Vern Little, so far about 6 ½ hours have been spent so far on this project.  The group has worked through to Section 17.1 of the document to date.  Goal is to be complete with review and suggested changes by May or June.  Vern asked if his group should review the Operating Procedures as well.  Jeanne moved that the By-Laws Committee be allowed to review and suggest changes to the Operating Procedures as well.  Seconded by Claudia.  All approved.
  • List of potential fines for members – The board has offered suggestions to Jeanne over the past month. Steve put together a table for consideration.  Fires are the most concerning issue.  Mary suggested that once we agree on concerns that we run the list past the attorney first. 
  • For all fines -
    • Owners are responsible for behavior on their property
    • Warnings will be communicated through flyers, the Needler, signs and the website.
    • 1st Offense for some will be a warning, except for fires which will be fined the first time. 
    • Fine will stay with property unless ownership changes and then the period would start again.  Fines to begin from one month after announcing fine structure to 2 year period from first offense before offense drops off the books.  Example if the fine period starts in June of 2011 then it would renew in June of 2013.
    • Fires, tree cutting/removal and property damage on Ponderosa property were discussed.  All will be fined.  Fines will be increased for repeat offenses.  Tree fines will be based on size of tree stump. 
    • Daryn will research other options for speed humps/bumps or speed control systems.
    • Discussion to be continued in April.  Jeanne will send out list of what was discussed today.
  • Needler – Tim Olson offered to co-edit the Needler with his wife Lorelie, Igor and Donna Malcevski as no volunteers came forward to take on the Needler.  Jeanne moved, that we accept this offer to move forward, Claudia seconded.  All approved.
  • Nominating Committee – One person has volunteered so far to run.  Over 30 contacts have been made.  There are several that might come forward, it just has not happened yet.

11:50am        NEW BUSINESS
GENERAL

  • Identify Items for Mid Month Executive Session – Motion to hold executive session as needed before next board meeting to discuss real estate issues and/or legal issues.  Moved Claudia, seconded Jeanne.  All approved.  There is a meeting tentatively scheduled for March 30 at 7:00pm.

11:45 a.m.          OPERATIONS

  • Association Managers Report Highlights – There are 3 real estate issues that need to be discussed in Executive Session.  The Chelan County Treasurer has decided that the lot may be available through an on-line auction. More details to follow.
  • Survey – Mary suggested that we do one every 2 or 3 years instead of yearly.

11:55 a.m. Board meeting suspended for Executive Session discussion.

12:21 p.m. Board meeting reconvened.

12:21 p.m.  Full response from attorney will be sent to owners of that had concerns.  All board members were in favor.

Other real estate issues were discussed, but other issues did not require a vote.

12:25 p.m.     ADJOURN

 

 

 


Home
Board Minutes

Meeting Agendas

Financials

Ombudsman

Long Range Plan

Ponderosa Community Club
21100 Cayuse Leavenworth, WA 98826 secretary@ponderosacommunityclub.org
Washington State, USA

Copyright 2003 Ponderosa Community Club All rights reserved.
Back to Top