Current Board Minutes
Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
MARCH 10 th, 2018 at the Ponderosa Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Ken Paauw – President
- Mike Chamness – Vice President
- Kevin Weishaar - Treasurer
- Louis Kimmel – Director Of Operations
- Tim Abel - Secretary
- Paul Clark – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 3
8:02 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – All approved.
8:03 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – New software printouts explained/discussed. Treasurer’s report approved.
8:25 a.m. OLD BUSINESS
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- WATERSHED COMMITTEE – Doug Pendleton gave kudos to Ken/Paul and Andy for taking care of the downed trees in the greenbelts so quickly and accommodating winter trail users by plowing a break in the snow berms along the roads so that there is access to the trails. He reported the stolen trail signs have been recovered and re-posted. Also, blue diamond trail locators will be installed along trails to make finding the trails in winter much easier. Announced there will be fuels reduction program offered again this year over the Memorial Day weekend and free chipping, which will also be offered through the county at some point before summer. He also reminded all Ponderosa members to take advantage of the free blue reflective address locator signs and smoke alarms (with 10-year battery) offered by the local Fire Department by the end of the summer.
- SOCIAL COMMITTEE – Committee Chair, Mo Stich, reported there will be outdoor movies this summer. Also, a Mac & Cheese cook-off and parade on the Saturday before July 4 th with best dog costume competition.
- BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Neil Hershey was introduced as the new Committee Chair.
- WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT – Still getting organized but sounds like it’ll be worth the wait!
- NEW OMBUDSMAN & Board Member – Still looking for volunteer to take up ombudsman position and applicants for the upcoming Board vacancy.
9:00 a.m. NEW BUSINESS
- ASSOCIATION MANAGER REPORT
- Review of current list of projects and issues
9:13 a.m. OPEN FLOOR
9:15 a.m. Adjourned to Executive Session
9:21 a.m. Reconvene from Executive Session
9:22 a.m. Meeting Adjourned