Ponderosa Community Club
Our Mission: The Ponderosa Community Club's mission is to create and maintain a safe and welcoming community which enhances recreational and residential living through active membership participation, visionary leadership, and commitment to sustainability and harmony with the natural environment.


Association Manager

Needler

Governing Documents

Forms

 

Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
December 14, 2013 10:30 a.m. – at the Clubhouse

Board Members Attending:

  • Daryn Wilbur – President
  • Stan Morgan – Treasurer
  • John McRoberts – Vice President
  • Vern Little – Director of Operations
  • Bill Ham – Secretary
  • Mary Cox – Association Manager

General Members Attending: 5

The meeting was called to order by Daryn at 10:31 a.m.

10:31 a.m. Pledge of Allegiance to the USA Flag

10:32 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Daryn asked for a motion to accept the previous month’s November 9 Board meeting minutes. (No Executive Session was scheduled this past month.) Vern moved and Stan seconded – All Approved.

10:33 a.m. Treasurer’s Report - Stan

As of the end of November, we are under budget and plan to be at or under budget at year’s end.

Income :

  • $8,800 ahead of budget on income.
  • $4,241 is interest on past due accounts (loans).
  • As compared to last year to date we have collected $9,000 more.

Expenses :

  • Under budget.
  • All big ticket items have been accounted for.

Water Main Replacement Project :

  • Paid off KRCI $165,000 final payment.
  • Paid required audit expense $6,000.
  • Paid $200,000 for road paving final bill.
  • May have one more bill due from Forsgren.

Dedicated Funds :

  • Loan balance has been paid.
  • Still to be reimbursed $184,529 at the close of the water main project in 2015 (goes to the loan fund).

Month End Cash :

  • CD expiring 12/22 $32,000. Daryn asked for a motion to move that mature CD into a Capital One 360 Money Market account at .85% interest and revisit other CD/interest rates in the next two months. Stan moved and John seconded – All Approved.

Past Due Summary :

  • Looking at possibility of foreclosing on one property. Working with Kellie and weighing our legal options.
  • $3,400 in current past due. Two people have paid since this report and others have agreed to pay by end of year.
  • $1,400 less outstanding than this time last year.

Transaction Detail Report :

  • Reviewed report and everything looks to be in order. Daryn asked for a motion to approve the Treasurer’s report. John moved, Vern seconded – All Approved.

10:40 a.m. Old Business – Committee Reports

Three Year Strategic Plan –

  • John reported that last Saturday’s meeting was cancelled and postponed until January 2014. Nothing to report.

Buildings and Grounds –

  • Nothing to report.

Social Committee –

  • John reported clubhouse was decorated for holidays and nothing further to report.

Paving Gravel Roads –

  • Daryn reported since the ballot measure to fund paving the remaining gravel roads has passed, he will decommission the existing committee. A new committee of volunteers can be established during the planning/construction process if needed in the future. Mary reported Jesse would be available to help in that process.

Watershed –

  • Commercial thinning project update – Doug Pendleton reported. Primary issue is wild fire danger. Objective is to create a healthy forest to minimize wild fire dangers on Ponderosa common lands. Additional benefits include a healthy habitat for our Ponderosa trees (native), wild flowers and wild life as well as enhanced recreational opportunities for our membership.
  • Proposed schedule – Currently marking greenbelts and forested areas. Identify and mark wild life habitats “leave areas”, meadows, and riparian setbacks. Commercial logging to thin greenbelts will occur January and February 2014. Post logging clean up, thinning, mulching and slash burns will occur March and April 2014. All subject to weather conditions and any heavy equipment weight restrictions/issues.
  • Contractor is Sean Welcome of Elite Logging. Ponderosa would receive 40% of gross sale of logs paid directly from the mill. From our 40% share, Ponderosa would pay a 5% excise tax and the cost of post logging clean up. The objective of the forest thinning project is to complete the project at no net cost to the Ponderosa.
  • In accordance with our Forest Stewardship Plan, an application to the State DNR to cover a 50% cost share of the cleanup expenses has been in process. We have benefitted from that cost share in the past (reference last year’s winter storm damages and prior thinning projects).
  • Doug and Tom Bartlett working with private property owners to accomplish thinning and fire wise clean up/logging issues to enhance the overall fire safety of the Ponderosa. Individual owners/lots can benefit at no cost to them during the commercial thinning logging. Contact Doug Pendleton if interested or questions answered.
  • Doug proposed the creation of a Forest Stewardship Fund for any net balance after the project is complete. These funds would be used toward the planned management activities outlined in our Forest Stewardship Plan, as well as costs for restoration, construction, maintenance and signage for trail enhancement and recreational activities.
  • Board expressed a heartfelt thank you to Doug for all of his hard work and time commitment for the success of this project.

Water Project Update –

  • Mary reported our attorney working on draft settlement brief to go to RH2’s insurance company. They will keep Board posted on pending dispute with RH2.

11:25 a.m. New Business

  • No mid-month Executive Session scheduled for December or January. Next Board meeting is Saturday, February 8, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at the clubhouse.
  • Storm drainage discussion – Recent heavy rain storms have raised the awareness of surface water run off issues. Several members and the Board had meaningful discussions to include history, water hot spots, member and Ponderosa liabilities/responsibilities, costs and funds available, work done and scheduled future work required. Issues are such that Daryn will initiate the formation of a Surface Water Management committee, solicit volunteers and come up with recommendations for further action from Board and membership. Please contact Daryn if interested in serving on this committee.
  • Association Manager’s report – Mary reported several maintenance issues on Ponderosa trucks. Parts and labor to fix heaters, wiper motors, etc. Website needs updating and suggests being accomplished this spring.

12:20 p.m. Members Open Floor Questions

  • One member asked to explain pool heaters purchase. A heater and heat pump were paid for in this year’s budget – will be installed this spring.
  • One member asked question on sanding roads. Mary reported sanding primarily on incline roads.

12:21 p.m. Meeting Adjourned to Executive Session

1:10 p.m. Reconvene From Executive Session

  • No voting required.

1:11 p.m. Adjourn – Vern proposed to adjourn the meeting. Stan seconded – All Approved. Meeting adjourned.

 

 

 


Home
Board Minutes

Meeting Agendas

Financials

Ombudsman

Long Range Plan

Ponderosa Community Club
21100 Cayuse Leavenworth, WA 98826 secretary@ponderosacommunityclub.org
Washington State, USA

Copyright 2003 Ponderosa Community Club All rights reserved.
Back to Top