Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES - DRAFT
December 12, 2015, 8:06 a.m. at the Ponderosa Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Daryn Wilbur – President
- Ken Paauw – excused
- Doug Barga – Director of Operations
- Shannon Stithem – Treasurer
- Tim Abel - Secretary
- Brad Ulrich – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 10
The meeting was called to order by Daryn at 8:06 a.m.
8:07 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Daryn asked for a motion to approve the Board meeting minutes from November. Shannon moved to accept, Doug seconded – all approved.
8:08 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – Shannon reports we received reimbursement from bank for back dues and foreclosure which helps put the budget back on track. She also reports we are operating under budget currently but expects this to balance out with the upcoming costs winter adds to the budget. Daryn made a motion to approve November’s Treasurer’s Report. Doug moved, Tim seconded. All approved – motion carried.
8:11 a.m. Old Business – Committee Reports
- Watershed – Doug Pendleton
Holding check from this year’s Watershed Budget to cover costs of converting Saddle property from sellable to greenbelt.
Reports budget has been basically used up by the deep cleaning of deck furniture. Also, about 12 people showed up to deck the halls of the clubhouse.
- Buildings and Grounds – Brad Ulrich
Road repairs are estimated to be $14,400 plus taxes. We budgeted $10,000 so repairs will occur up to the budgeted amount.
The RH2 Dispute is moving towards a trial date, which will actually speed things up in regards to this ongoing issue.
- Update On Saddle Property – Surveying will begin in spring to convert this to greenbelt in order to save the Ponderosa approx. $900/year in taxes. The $1500 for the surveying will be taken from this year’s Watershed Committee budget.
8:18 a.m. New Business
- Topic For Mid-Month Executive Meeting - Daryn suggested scheduling a mid-month session to discuss previous Executive Session matters. Date and time to be determined.
- Ballot Results – Item #1: Annual Budget 182 For 48 Against, Item #2: Waiving of Audit – 183 For 48 Against Item #3: Property Line Removal – 173 For 56 Against
- Association Manager’s Report – Minor fender bender on Riata to our gray pickup due to snow conditions.
Member feedback requesting a webcam be mounted so that members can see conditions before heading over. Board was very receptive to idea. Costs would involve one or two cams, depending on the desired coverage, and upgrading the Ponderosa router to handle the device(s). Board will look into costs.
Member feedback also suggested somehow broadcasting board meetings. The board felt if people were this concerned they should make the effort to attend.
8:20 a.m. Members Open Floor Questions
- Members asked if there was any way to present the Board Meeting Minutes sooner than the current month delay. Due to bylaws, the official Board Meeting Minutes must be approved by the board in an official Board Meeting setting, which creates this month delay for any information on what took place. Putting the Meeting Minutes out as a ‘draft’ was discussed as an option. This would allow Ponderosa Members to know what was discussed and greater time to respond and/or plan for the next meeting should there be issues.
8:55 a.m. Adjourn to Executive Session
- Personnel issues discussed
10:08 a.m. Reconvene From Executive Session
10:10 a.m. Adjourn – Daryn asked for a motion to adjourn the Board meeting. Doug moved, Shannon seconded - all approved. Meeting adjourned.