Current Board Minutes
Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
December 10th, 2016 at the Ponderosa Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Ken Paauw – President
- Shannon Stithem - Treasurer
- Louis Kimmel – Director Of Operations
- Tim Abel - Secretary
- Brad Ulrich – Association Manager
(Doug Barga – Vice President: excused)
General Members Attending: 9
8:03 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Board members reviewed hard copies of the December Board Meeting Minutes. Ken requested a motion to accept the meeting minutes, Shannon moved, Louis seconded, all approved.
8:04 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – Shannon reported we are on target with everything. Two members on payment plans have not paid dues this month. Water shut-off notices will be sent out to these two residences. The Ponderosa currently has 15-20 members on payment plans. The board discussed removing the benefit of a payment plan option from those members that repeatedly fall behind on their payments. New bookkeeper, Jillana, has started in the office (Mon/Wed/Fri 1-4) and doing a great job! Ken requested a motion to approve the Treasurer’s report. Louis moved, Tim seconded, all approved.
8:10 a.m. OLD BUSINESS
- WATERSHED COMMITTEE – No report. Shut down for the season.
- SOCIAL COMMITTEE – Holiday decorating party happening this very afternoon!
- BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – reported new chairs for the Community Center are on order. Also reported on several other projects in the works.
- UPDATE ON PAVING AND DITCHES – Ditches are done for the season. Cautionary work will be performed at the bottom of Colt where the deeper ditch may present some hazards in snow. The backhoe is repaired and back home. The clean-up on the Ponderosa easement of the upper Spur property has been completed. Now it is up to the county and the property owner to clean up the rest of the property.
8:35 a.m. NEW BUSINESS
- IDENTIFY TOPICS FOR MID-MONTH EXECUTIVE SESSION – No mid-month executive session scheduled.
- BALLOT RESULTS – The 2017 Ponderosa budget passes with a vote of 166 to 33. Ballot issue #2: Waiving the Audit also passes with a vote of 165 to 32.
- PONDEROSA EASEMENT REVIEW – The Board reviewed the property easement granted to an individual in 2006 for personal, not commercial, use. Some questions have been raised as to ‘rentals’ being present on the property.
8:50 a.m. Association Manager Highlight Report – Brad reported we are looking into locating and tagging danger trees on Ponderosa easement property. He also reported we’ve had the clubhouse ‘deep-cleaned’. He has sent out bids on the broken garage door. He also reported that Jillana rocks!
8:55 a.m. Open Floor – Despite all the work put into new road signs, there still seems to be some unrest among the members as to wording, the positioning of and possible addition of signs. The problems seem to be centered around our one-way streets, Colt and Palomino. We still have people going the wrong way on these streets. It is unknown if the problem is merely lost renters/commercial rigs unfamiliar with the streets or members unwilling to follow the rules. There was mention of having more signs made that use the words “EXIT” and “ENTRANCE” to help those visiting people find their way in and out of the Ponderosa. Another issue was the winter safety rules (mainly vehicles pulling kids on sleds and tubes). All members should review and adhere to the Ponderosa winter safety rules. Check these out online.
9:10 a.m. Adjourn to Executive Session. Ken requested a motion to adjourn to Executive Session. Tim moved, Louis seconded, meeting adjourned.
9:30 a.m. Reconvene from Executive Session – No voting required.
9:40 a.m. Adjourn November Board Meeting – Ken requested a motion to adjourn. Louis moved, Shannon seconded, motion carried.