Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
November 14, 2015 at the Ponderosa Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Daryn Wilbur – President
- Ken Paauw – Vice President
- Doug Barga – Director Of Operations
- Shannon Stithem – Treasurer
- Tim Abel - Secretary
- Brad Ulrich – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 6
8:04 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Daryn entertained motion to approve October board meeting minutes. Seconded by Shannon, all approved.
8:06 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – Right on track with 83 percent of budget at this point of the year. Daryn motioned to accept. Ken moved. All approved.
8:06 a.m. Old Business – Committee Reports
- Watershed Committee – Doug reported burn piles have been moved to a location where they will be burned by Ken and Gino, either this fall or next spring. Hesitant to clean up any of the other areas at this time due to weather has made soil too boggy to run a backhoe over. Money is in the budget to do this next year.
The remaining balance ($3500) of the Watershed Budget from this year is being pre-assigned to trail work that will be performed next spring.
- Social Committee – Flyer is out for the Christmas party.
- Buildings & Grounds – Replaced deck chairs. Need to deep clean the community center.
- Update on Paving Gravel Roads, Ditches, Driveways – A&W is officially done for the year. Will pick up again next spring.
- Update on Saddle Street Property – Re-titling the property from sellable property to Greenbelt in order to save on property taxes. Cost to the Ponderosa will be roughly $2669.00 which includes $1500 for surveying and then recording costs and such. The money will be eventually recouped in the lower property taxes we pay annually on this property. Daryn entertained a motion to move forward on this. Doug seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
8:30 a.m. New Business
- No topics for mid-month Executive Session
- Transferring road & ditches money to short-term CD – $126,000 balance in R&D budget. The plan was to put this into a short-term CD for 6-months while the project is in hiatus. It was determined that the return on our investment was deemed not worth the process, not to mention tying up the money for 6 months might not fit our schedule.
- Association Manager Report Highlights – Gearing up the plows. PUD came through and removed trees that presented hazards to power lines at no cost to the Ponderosa. Robert Ferrell did core samples on some trees and identified potential widow-makers that will need to be removed from Ponderosa property.
8:49 a.m. – Member’s Open Floor Questions and Comments
- 2016 Ballot and Budget – Ballot issue #3: Board approved Vern Little’s request to allow him to move forward with removing a property line between the two properties he owns in order to build his house. Member’s concern was that this would require a total re-platting of the Ponderosa as the property being conjoined would bring in property from outside the Ponderosa. Access and water rights seem to be the main concerns in allowing this. Access is already available to properties outside the Ponderosa through Spur and Bavarian Lane. Also, there were concerns about setting legal precedent for other property owners to do the same in expanding the boundaries of Ponderosa Estates. Daryn argued that not allowing those properties to proceed with issues like this is inviting greater legal consequences. Both side presented great arguments. No action taken on removing the issue from the ballot.
- Apology demanded - Tim was reprimanded for a social media comment that was construed as derogatory or offensive to the Board Members and Daryn demanded an apology to the Board. Tim argued the comment was taken completely out of context yet agreed to not respond to Members via social media in the future.
10:10 a.m. - Adjourn to Executive session – Daryn motioned, Shannon moved, Doug seconded.
10:40 a.m. – Reconvene from Executive Session - voting as required. No action.
10:45 a.m. - Adjourn November Board Meeting – Motioned, seconded. Carried.