Ponderosa Community Club
Our Mission: The Ponderosa Community Club's mission is to create and maintain a safe and welcoming community which enhances recreational and residential living through active membership participation, visionary leadership, and commitment to sustainability and harmony with the natural environment.


Association Manager

Needler

Governing Documents

Forms

 

Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
November 13, 2010 10:30 a.m. – at the Clubhouse

Board Members Attending:

  • Ann Ashford – President - Absent
  • Daryn Wilbur – Vice President
  • Jeanne Whitlow – Operations Director
  • Steve Geho – Treasurer – via Phone Conference
  • Claudia Kuniholm – Secretary
  • Mary Cox – Association Manager

 

The meeting was called to order at 10:30.  8 general members were present at the meeting

10:35 a.m.     Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – The minutes of the October meeting were approved as written – all approved.  Moved and seconded – Jeanne and Claudia.
                       
Executive Session Report & Voting as Required

    • Discussion regarding real estate issues was held

10:45 a.m.     TREASURER REPORT
In relation to the budget we are on track with expenses:
83% of year has passed
CD Status:  Created new CD per board instructions for 2 years at Cashmere Valley Bank, in process of adding Daryn and removing Pete Smith.  Chelcie has Bank of America documents to change signers on that account as well.  Jeannie and Daryn will be added.
A/r status update:  11k plus in a/r.  Mary and Chelcie are working with homeowners to try to get homeowners back on track that aren’t.  Several are behind on monthly payment plans.  Mary reviewed a couple of accounts from a high level.
79% of budget year to date has been spent
90% of legal budget spent on liens, etc.
96% of insurance budget has been spent – this is an annual fee
74% of salary budget has been spent
       for water and M&O set aside in bank accounts

Moved to accept treasurer’s report –, Steve second by Daryn, all approved

Accounts Receivable Status:  11k plus in a/r.  Mary and Chelcie are working with homeowners to try to get homeowners back on track that aren’t.  Several are behind on monthly payment plans.  Mary reviewed a couple of accounts from a high level.  Mary will add stronger language to payment plans in 2011.  A couple of liens were filed.  One property may need to be put into foreclosure.  Additional discussion will be held about this in the executive session following the meeting today.

11:15 a.m.     OLD BUSINESS

  • Title Research Project Status – down from 15 last month to 11 homeowners that are still in process.  5 of the remaining properties are still in the works, 3 were sent water shut-off notices, Jeanne will represent the board at the chance to be heard on November 22 at 10:00am.  If the 3 do not respond by December 1, the water will be shut off.
  • PCC Water Distribution Project funding updates – Project update from Bill Schmidt was provided this morning.  Bill would like to be on the agenda for December to review status of project.  Summary of provided to attendees.  Map is being completed by surveyors. Ken and Henry have marked the water distribution valves and services.  Maps will include utilities, roads, etc.  This is for the first part of the project which equals about 1/3 of the total project.  Bill is working w/Dept of Health to create reports that will keep them updated.  Grindstone Engineering has been hired and this has saved the Ponderosa quite a bit of money. 
  • Emergency Pumping Stations – this is in place in case the power goes out.  One of the engines is not working correctly. Bill Schmidt is working with the manufacturer on the warranty.  Gina has contributed the supplies and has made covers for the outdoor equipment.
  • Funding – the engineering portion of the project could be completed by September or October if Bill was allowed to hire an outside company to assist.  Rose Running update – new fiscal year just started.  It is unknown how much or if any funding is available from the USDA.  Part of the criteria states that we can’t qualify for funding for the project from a bank.  Another clincher for funding from the USDA is that the annual assessment would need to be in the $600-$700 range for each lot.  20 year or 40 year loans are available from the state.  Need to start looking at other funding options.  Daryn suggested possible bridge loan idea.  Application for USDA loan is very extended and expensive.  Additional studies would need to be done to even submit a loan packet to Rose Runnings.  Mary presented a couple of scenarios for discussion.  Mary will fine tune some different options and will then go back to the bank to see if there are any bank financing options.  Member input has been requested.  Since funding did not come through as everyone expected, member suggested that we revisit the project to see if project can be done in pieces instead of trying to do the project as a whole.  Suggested that timeline and priority plan be outlined. 

 11:30am        NEW BUSINESS GENERAL

  • Watershed Committee update – committee would like to tie everything to the mission statement.  The committee has come up with 4 themes that they will work under:
    • Safety
    • Education
    • Stewardship
    • Recreation

The committee is trying to find ways to live in harmony with our surroundings.  The bear situation was brought up as an example.  Fires are a major concern for this group.  The group would like to get some master plans together.  Doug was able to get a $50k grant for riparian areas from Community Salmon Fund which involves many other organizations as well that are concerned about this.  Volunteer hours need to be put into the project to attain the funds available to us.  Doug is looking into funds that might be available for managing our forests.  Need a forest stewardship plan which might cost around $2k.  Doug and Mary met with someone that might be able to assist in planning and organizing.  Plan needs to be made on how we can mitigate fire potential in the area.  Goal is to have a plan in early 2011 for activities in 2011 and forward.  Many volunteers will be needed to put the plans that will be outlined into action.  Nothing will be done with any property in the Ponderosa without proper approval.

      • List of potential fines for members – What are the potential issues, what are the potential fines, how will they be enforced, etc.  Jeanne asked that each board member to email her suggestions.  Fines might assessed for fires, speeding, cars illegally parked, dogs, noise, garbage, damage to trees and other Ponderosa properties, encroachments, NSF fees, etc.  Think about classifications too – possible suggestions included nuisances, safety issues, severity of offense will there be a fine scale, encroachments, etc.  Hearing process needs should be outlined.  All agreed that suggestions would be submitted to Jeanne before the next board meeting.  Jeanne will consolidate and bring to next meeting
      • Discussion of Board Terms – Expiration dates:  Ann Ashford and Steve Geho 2011,  Jeanne Whitlow 2012, Daryn Wilbur and Claudia Kuniholm 2013.  Daryn will chair nominating committee and will look for full-timers that could assist with this committee
  • Identify Topics for mid-month Executive Session – Real estate issues will be discussed as well as an update from Daryn and Claudia on the personnel manual.  Next meeting will be on Thursday, December 2 at 7:00pm.  Mary will join the call should there be any real estate issues that she needs to bring up.
  • By-laws Committee – Vern Little is reviewing all documents that Doug provided.

12:00 p.m.          OPERATIONS
Association Managers Report Highlights -

  • Shop Safety Upgrade Project update – Floor is poured, walls are built, plumber and electrician will be in this week.  Many years of garbage have been removed. 
  • Concrete disposal - Jeanne has moved that we use up to $1200 from the M&O Reserve Fund to dispose of the concrete and dirt from the sport court project.  Steve seconded.  Discussion followed. All approved.  

12:15 p.m.     If Time Permits:

  • Member’s Open Floor Questions & Comments
    • Spur Street issues – member thanked Mary and crew for all the work that she is doing to resolve concerns.
    • Thanks to Veteran’s who have served our country.

12:20 noon   ADJOURN   

                        Executive Session – Real Estate Issues         

 

 

 


Home
Board Minutes

Meeting Agendas

Financials

Ombudsman

Long Range Plan

Ponderosa Community Club
21100 Cayuse Leavenworth, WA 98826 secretary@ponderosacommunityclub.org
Washington State, USA

Copyright 2003 Ponderosa Community Club All rights reserved.
Back to Top