Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
November 12th, 2016 at the Ponderosa Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
Ken Paauw – President
Doug Barga – Vice President
Louis Kimmel – Director Of Operations
Tim Abel - Secretary
Brad Ulrich – Association Manager
(Treasurer Shannon Stithem excused)
General Members Attending: 5
8:00 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Board members reviewed hard copies of the October Board Meeting Minutes and the Mid-Month Executive Session meeting minutes. Ken motioned to accept the minutes for both meetings, Doug moved, Louis seconded, all approved.
8:05 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – Brad reported we are on track with everything. There are still more expenses expected: replacing the floor jack that disappeared, repairing the garage door, backhoe repairs. Ken motioned to set aside $3000 for the backhoe repairs. Louis moved, Doug seconded, all approved. New bookkeeper, Jilliana, has started in the office (Mon/Wed/Fri 1-4). Ken entertained a motion to approve the Treasurer’s report. Doug moved, Louis seconded, all approved.
8:16 a.m. OLD BUSINESS
- WATERSHED COMMITTEE – New trails are open for hiking! Brad presented the latest, updated map of the trail system which includes these newest trails. This should be available on-line shortly. A request was made to reposition the legend on the official trails map so that it does not block out the upper development.
- SOCIAL COMMITTEE – Purchased a boom box for events. The latest Game Night was reportedly well-attended. Christmas decorating party coming up! Stay tuned…
- BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – No report.
- UPDATE ON PAVING AND DITCHES – Palomino repaired and the plugged culvert at the bottom of Colt has been unplugged.
8:32 a.m. NEW BUSINESS
- IDENTIFY TOPICS FOR MID-MONTH EXECUTIVE SESSION – No mid-month executive session scheduled.
8:33 a.m. Association Manager Highlight Report – Brad followed through with the Spur Street clean-up. This Ponderosa easement clean-up required county sheriff assistance. There is still more clean-up required for complete compliance. A 30-day warning notice will be issued to the property owner to remove the remaining structure that is situated on the Ponderosa easement.
Pool is closed down for the year. Snow plow equipment is ready to go and the sand shed is full.
8:43 a.m. Open Floor – A request was made to have the topics for future executive sessions listed in advance. Another request was made to have the Spur Street mailboxes re-seated permanently. A member requested we assign a liaison to serve between the Board and the Pine Needler so that members can keep current on what’s going on at the Board level. Any member can submit articles to the Pine Needler through Maureen Mitchell – Editor. There was also an issue raised with an easement along the Camp 12 Road.
9:10 a.m. Adjourn to Executive Session. Ken entertained motion to adjourn to Executive Session. Tim moved, Louis seconded, meeting adjourned.
10:12 a.m. Reconvene from Executive Session – No voting required.
10:13 a.m. Adjourn November Board Meeting – Ken entertained a motion to adjourn. Doug moved, Louis seconded, motion carried.