Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
October 8th, 2016 at the Ponderosa Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Doug Barga – Vice President
- Shannon Stithem - Treasurer
- Louis Kimmel – Director Of Operations
- Tim Abel - Secretary
- Brad Ulrich – Association Manager
(President Ken Paauw excused)
General Members Attending: 4
8:02 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Board members reviewed hard copies of the August Board Meeting Minutes. Doug entertained a motion to approve the September 10thth Board Meeting Minutes. Shannon moved, Louis seconded, all approved.
8:03 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – Shannon reported we are 75% of the year and at 67% of the budget. No foreseeable factors to throw us off. One person hasn’t paid their full second half dues and 2-3 people that are not on track with payment plans. One lien served. Letters have been sent. Doug entertained a motion to approve the Treasurer’s report. Tim moved, Louis seconded, all approved.
8:05 a.m. OLD BUSINESS
- WATERSHED COMMITTEE – Requests your turnout on October 29th-November5th to build a new trail through the ranch reserve. A bobcat will be used to help carve the initial trail. The Committee is requesting board approval to use the Ponderosa’s diesel for this purpose. It was explained that the cost amount of the diesel required would most likely be under $100. The board did not consider this problematic. Brad also passed on information from Doug Pendleton, Watershed Chair, that there may still be opportunities to connect with Fire-Wise grants.
- SOCIAL COMMITTEE – is in the process of purchasing new mats for the Yoga Class.
- BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS - Big toy on the playground has been deemed safe and repairable. The Committee Chair reported a couple new replacement swings are on order. She also reported on a list of new items and included a flyer about a Reflections Swing, something she’d like to see installed in the playground soon.
- UPDATE ON PAVING AND DITCHES – Most ditches have been dug out and are ready for the wet season. Contractor has come out and given estimates on spot repairs for our roads. Palomino road fix is scheduled to happen before the end of the year.
- UPDATE ON EMERGENCY BOOSTER PUMPHOUSE – The Board budgeted $4,800 last year for this purpose. The total cost of building a ‘housing’ for the emergency booster pump was estimated to be $12,000. The pump is heavy and needs to be permanently situated outside the pump house per code and safety measures. The money has been budgeted to get this project on track ASAP.
- FINALIZE 2017 BUDGET– Doug asked if all had a chance to review the proposed budget. Tim raised objections with the bottom line being increased and requested cuts be made. After detailed line-item scrutiny and lengthy, lengthy discussions on each, a compromise was reached. The final approval of the finalized budget is on hold until current President, Ken Pauuw, has an opportunity to weigh in.
- FINALIZE BALLOT – Held for Mid-Month Executive Session
9:46 a.m. NEW BUSINESS
- IDENTIFY TOPICS FOR MID-MONTH EXECUTIVE SESSION – Doug suggested we hold a mid-month Executive Meeting to discuss changes in the budget, and get Ken Pauuw to weigh in. The meeting date is TBD.
9:48 a.m. Association Manager Highlight Report – The Ponderosa has made its first water payment. Just thirty-four more to go! The clean-up on the Ponderosa property up on Spur is static. Cars and clutter remain on the Ponderosa Property even after addressing the problem through a certified letter. A follow-up letter demanding immediate action, one describing consequences and timelines in detail, will be sent promptly.
10:04 a.m. Open Floor – Pam Nichols mentioned there is grant money available for communities that only have one exit/egress. A request was made for an updated survey of homeowners in the Ponderosa. Runoff and drainage was mentioned. Doug and the homeowners have discussed the situation previously and just assured each other they are on the same page in regards to the problem.
10:21 a.m. Adjourn to Executive Session. Doug entertained motion to adjourn to Executive Session. Shannon moved, Louis seconded, meeting adjourned.
10:47 a.m. Reconvene from Executive Session – No voting required.
10:53 a.m. Adjourn October Board Meeting – Doug entertained a motion to adjourn. Shannon moved, Louis seconded, motion carried.