Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
October 10, 2015 at the Ponderosa Office
Board Members Attending:
- Daryn Wilbur – President
- Ken Paauw – Vice President
- Doug Barga – Director Of Operations
- Shannon Stithem – Treasurer
- Tim Abel - Secretary
- Brad Ulrich – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 2
8:06 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Daryn entertained motion to approve September board meeting minutes. Seconded by Shannon, all approved.
No executive session.
8:12 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – 3 members are behind payment of dues. Water has been shut off on those properties. Motion to accept Treasurer’s Report. Seconded by Ken. All approved.
8:19 a.m. Old Business – Committee Reports
- Watershed Committee – Doug is working on getting bids to clean up lower Bridal slash. The board discussed the possibility of having on-site staff burn the brush piles once and for all. This would be the most cost-effective plan for membership and the most reliable in finally putting this issue to bed.
- Paving Gravel Roads Ditches and Driveways – A&W is done for the year. They’re estimated to be two-thirds of the way through the road chip-sealing project. The county is being contacted regarding its responsibility in paving the Camp 12 road.
- Update on Saddle Street Property – BALLOT ISSUES
- Consideration for reclassification of the property on Saddle from a saleable lot to greenbelt was discussed. The reclassification should save annual costs on the property taxes membership pays for that piece of land.
- Vern Little submitted language explaining, as best he could, his request for a property line adjustment on his Appaloosa property. This requires a membership vote and will be on the ballot this year.
- Also on the ballot this year will be the request to waive the audit.
- Finalized Budget – Tim raised concerns about the annual escalating costs of maintenance and operations. He mentioned some questionable purchases by individual committees seem to only push the perception that money is not being spent responsibly. It was decided to table this discussion for future meetings and take a more philosophical look at how other communities manage similar issues, including voter apathy and general management. The board made some final adjustments to the numbers, budgeted out the dollar figure needed to repay the reserve account for the $15,000 removed in June for the repair of Well #3, and then finished up with Daryn entertaining a motion to add $10 per lot in order to add a total of $5,800 to the Watershed budget next year for the specific purpose of cleaning up the slash between lower Bridle and Bronco. Ken moved. Doug seconded. Motion passed.
10:24 a.m. New Business
- Association Manager Report Highlights
- MXU units on all water meters are finally up and functioning and already paying dividends by locating several leaks in the system. Brad will investigate which of our options will be the most efficient for printing out the water reports.
- The board is looking into several ‘dangerous’ trees around the Ponderosa that may need to be removed.
- The closing of the water loan is progressing smoothly.
Executive session – No executive session
10:38 a.m. Adjourn October Board Meeting – Seconded. Carried.