Ponderosa Community Club
Our Mission: The Ponderosa Community Club's mission is to create and maintain a safe and welcoming community which enhances recreational and residential living through active membership participation, visionary leadership, and commitment to sustainability and harmony with the natural environment.


Association Manager

Needler

Governing Documents

Forms

 

Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
August 13th, 2016 at the Ponderosa Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:

  • Doug Barga - Vice President
  • Shannon Stithem - Treasurer
  • Louis Kimmel – Director Of Operations
  • Tim Abel - Secretary
  • Brad Ulrich – Association Manager

(President Ken Paauw excused – Vice President Doug Barge presiding)
General Members Attending:  3

8:05 a.m.       Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – There were no hard copies of the July Board Meeting Minutes to review but all attending board members reported reviewing them on-line.  Doug entertained a motion to approve the July 9thth Board Meeting Minutes.  Shannon moved, Tim seconded, all approved.
Executive Session Report - No Executive Session

8:07 a.m.       Treasurer’s Report – Shannon reported, with 58% of the budget year behind us we are at 53% of the budget.  We are over in Insurance as our premiums have increased but under but in the Liens and Legals as members have come in and paid their second half dues.  There are 31 members being sent late notices and 4 more have fallen delinquent with their payment plans.  The road projects have wrapped up under budget.  Doug motioned to have a maturing CD moved into checking.  Shannon moved, Tim seconded.  Doug then motioned to accept the Treasurer’s Report.  Shannon moved, Tim seconded.  All approved.

8:12 a.m.       OLD BUSINESS

  • STREET SIGNS – Street signs are installed.  Only signs left to put up are a few more traffic signs.
  • EMERGENCY BOOSTER PUMP UPDATE – Brad reported Ken’s been working with Integra-tech and the emergency booster pump is all tuned up and ready to go.  Only thing left to do is to situate the pump in a safer, more permanent location.  This is scheduled to happen before winter.
  • ROADS AND REPAIRS – The chip-sealing project has been wrapped up.  We came in under our original estimate by $15-18K, money which will most likely be put back into roads, ditches and drainage issues.  Brad presented the Board with a list of key areas needing attention.  Ken and Geno will be sweeping the roads  one last time this year, pushing all the debris into the ditches then cleaning those same ditches before winter.
  • WEBCAMS UPDATE – Webcams are installed but are currently awaiting programming.
  • NEW PLOW TRUCK – Brad requested direction from the board on how to proceed with the new plow truck.  It requires many more adaptations and upgrades before it will become what we want it to be.  After a lengthy discussion the Board concluded it needed more information before it could take action, first and foremost being an itemized list describing what it’ll take to get this plow truck operational and the costs associated with each upgrade and adaptation.  The Board requested this information by the September board meeting.

8:25 a.m.       COMMITTEE REPORTS

  • Building & Grounds – Nothing to report.
  • Watershed – The Board had hoped to hear from the Watershed Chair to clarify the request for additional funding needed to build a link from the existing trail system to the Bridge Trail.  The Board tabled further action until we can hear from the committee.
  • Social Committee – had a Game Night.  No report on how it went.

8:43 a.m.       NEW BUSINESS
           

  • Saddle Street Property Petition –71signatures so far.  We remain far short of getting the required 50% +1 of membership to get this passed.  If you haven’t signed this petition yet, please take the time to swing by the office and add your name so the Ponderosa can get this cost-cutting measure approved.

8:37 a.m.       IDENTIFY TOPICS FOR MID-MONTH EXECUTIVE SESSION – Vice President, Doug Barga, proposed we set up a mid-month meeting to discuss the Watershed Committee request for additional funding and the ongoing drainage problems.  The meeting is tentatively set for the 25th @ 6:30pm.

8:55 a.m.       OPEN FLOOR - Drainage remains a problem in several spots.  The Board will discuss the problems at the mid-month executive meeting.  There was a request for a new, updated Ponderosa phone book.  Also, a complaint was lodged against a property on Spur.  There were same-day pictures presented as evidence to the degree of the ‘stuff’ piling up on the property.  As some of the mess is located on Ponderosa Community property, the PCC will draft a letter to the property owner demanding these items be removed within 45 days.  If no action is taken within this timeframe, a fine will be levied and the Ponderosa will see to removing/impounding these things.  As for the mess located within the boundaries of the property owner’s land, a complaint will be filed with the County to force the owner to clean this up to county codes.

9:05 a.m.       Association Manager Highlight Report – Cougars and bears have been reported.  They’ve always been here.  Just be bear/cougar aware.

9:10 a.m.       Adjourn to Executive Session.  Doug motioned.  Shannon moved, Louis seconded.  Meeting adjourned.

9:50 a.m.       Reconvene from Executive Session – No voting required.

10:03 a.m.     Adjourn August Board Meeting – Doug entertained a motion to adjourn. Shannon moved, Louis seconded.  Motion carried.

 

 

 

 


Home
Board Minutes

Meeting Agendas

Financials

Ombudsman

Long Range Plan

Ponderosa Community Club
21100 Cayuse Leavenworth, WA 98826 secretary@ponderosacommunityclub.org
Washington State, USA

Copyright 2003 Ponderosa Community Club All rights reserved.
Back to Top