Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
August 8, 2015, 8:00 a.m. at the Ponderosa Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Daryn Wilbur – President
- Ken Paauw – Vice President
- Doug Barga – Director of Operations
- Shannon Stithem – Treasurer
- Tim Abel - Secretary
- Brad Ulrich – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 7
The meeting was called to order by Daryn at 8:00 a.m.
8:02 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Daryn asked for a motion to approve the Board meeting minutes from June, the last official meeting in which a quorum vote could be had. Ken moved to accept, Shannon seconded – all approved. Motion carries.
8:04 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – Daryn made a motion to approve June’s Treasurer’s Report. Doug moved, Ken seconded. All approved – motion carries.
8:07 a.m. Financial Report – Daryn made a motion to approve June’s Financial Statement. Ken moved, Shannon seconded. All approved – motion carries.
No executive sessions held since the June Board Meeting.
8:15 a.m. Old Business – Committee Reports
- Watershed – Doug Pendleton
Updated the Board on the ongoing cleanup of the greenbelt areas. Of particular concern are the brush piles that are still mounded in two locations. The DNR does not seem interested in helping in cost-sharing on this project as they have in the past. Arrangements had been made with a community member to go ahead and remove these fire hazards, however the piles remain. The Board agreed to set an end-of-the-month deadline to have this work completed (August 31st). Should the brush piles still be there at this deadline, other courses of action will be entertained.
Doug reported on the completion of the Balsamroot trail bridge over the chronically ‘mucky’ area of the trail. Also, an adopt-a-trail idea will be further discussed at a future Watershed Meeting.
- Social – Rose Ann McRoberts
Reported the 4 th of July and Movie Night events were not only a huge success but much appreciated by new members in particular. The Labor Day potluck/movie night is currently being planned for Saturday, September 5 th. See Rose Ann for volunteering or further details.
- Buildings and Grounds – Brad Ulrich
Filled the Board in on the progress of repairs and replacement of well #3. Things have gone smoothly. Ken and Geno have started water checks and it appears the well still has a good supply of water.
Also, the issue of individual greenbelt management was brought up. The Board encourages volunteerism but not private ownership of the greenbelts. The greenbelts were envisioned to remain as pristine and natural as possible, so where do woodchips and logs lining the trails fit in? The concept of mirroring the same standards used by State Parks was mentioned. A motion was entertained by Daryn to allow the logs lining the actual trails but not those leading to individual properties. Doug moved. Ken seconded. Motion carried.
- Tech Committee – No report.
8:45 a.m. New Business
- The Needler has erroneously listed the terms for the current Board members. The corrected terms should read: Ken and Daryn’s terms are up in 2016, Doug and Shannon’s terms are up in 2017 and Tim’s term is up in 2018.
- Daryn moved to open a GESA Credit Union account into which designated money will be deposited and invested in CD’s with the best rate. Ken seconded. Motion carried.
- The deadline for paving bids is August 14 th, next Friday. As of this time we have three companies that have shown interest and done walkthroughs. The window of opportunity for paving the roads is closing. The Board, in response, will take the weekend to consider the proposals and convene in a Special Board Meeting on Monday, August 17 th, to award the contract to chip-seal the Ponderosa’s gravel roads.
8:55 a.m. Members Open Floor Questions
- Fire Department Auxillary encourages every member of the Ponderosa to get a blue, reflective address road sign. Forms can be found in the Ponderosa office.
- Concerns were raised regarding the road paving project and any plan for a schedule which might alleviate parking and lot access during this time. As in the water project, there should be a schedule for those impacted.
- PUD fiber optics unavailable to upper Ponderosa residents, despite infrastructure being in place. A suggestion was made to answer some of the provider flyers being received in the mail instead of waiting on PUD to get on the ball.
- The ponderosa complaint regarding the water project litigation has been amended and is being pushed to go to trial.
- A member asked the Board if it should be the entity that responds to this current issue of army helicopters requesting use of our quiet Beaver Valley as flight paths to high-altitude training missions. The Board declined to speak for the members of the Ponderosa but encourages all members to get involved and submit individual responses to the issue. The deadline for public opinion on the matter has been extended until September 4 th. Be sure to get your two cents in! Lots of info available regarding this proposal online.
- A conduit on Pinto was reported to have been damaged during the water project. As there were no reports of damage to this conduit for the two years since the project, history bears that the answer be ‘no’ to the individual burying the conduit instead of leaving the line overhead. Doug moved. Ken seconded. Motion carried.
9:15 a.m. Adjourn to Executive Session
- No voting was required during the executive session.
9:40 p.m. Reconvene From Executive Session
- A motion was made to go forward with liens on two properties that haven’t kept current with the homeowner dues. As it seemed there would be no resolution to the issues involving these two property owners, the motion was carried unanimously to place liens on these two properties.
9:50 p.m. Adjourn – Daryn asked for a motion to adjourn the Board meeting. Shannon moved, Doug seconded - all approved. Meeting adjourned.