Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
July 13, 2013 10:30 a.m. – at the Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Daryn Wilbur – President
- John McRoberts – Vice President
- Stan Morgan – Treasurer
- Bill Ham – Secretary
- Mary Cox – Association Manager
Absent: Vern Little, Director of Operations
General Members Attending: 5
The meeting was called to order at 10:32 a.m.
10:32 a.m. Pledge of Allegiance to the USA Flag
10:33 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Daryn asked for a motion to accept the previous month’s meeting minutes: June 8, 2013 Board meeting and June 21, 2013 Special Business meeting minutes. Stan moved and John seconded – All Approved.
Executive Session Report & Voting as Required
No Executive Sessions items required a vote.
10:34 a.m. Treasurer’s Report
In relation to the budget we are on track with expenses: 50% of the year has passed. YTD expenses are at 50%.
Special Notice to the Following :
- Dues Update: $15,388 more income as of June 2013 vs. June 2012. Expect to see more dues as of 7/15 (deadline for second half dues).
- Legal: Receiving County recording fees back as liens are released.
- M&O General: Will receive $6,953 back from DNR as half reimbursement for Forestry Project. With reimbursement, the budget will be 53% vs 50% of the year expired.
- Water Mains Replacement Expenses: Expenses for legal and mediation-$20,930. KRCI construction settlement-$109,591. RH2 engineering-$3,604. Paving contract-$657. Road paving construction inspection from Forsgren-$540.
- Past Dues: Two properties were sold and past dues collected. All other past dues are on repayment schedule and on track except one, however looking for a partial payment by July 25. Total past due is $827 less than last month.
Daryn asked for accept to motion Treasurer’s report. John moved and Bill seconded – All approved.
10:41 a.m. Old Business – Committee Reports
Paving of Gravel Roads – Mary reported for committee. No funds are currently available for paving of remaining gravel roads. Educating the membership and possibly requesting a ballot measure for a one-time assessment to fund the project. Two general members took exception to the “paving” and “chip sealing” and plan of repaving previous paved roads and costs. Daryn spent considerable time to outline the entire paving issue and end results.
Strategic Planning – John reported research efforts with committee members to formulate a future plan. Addressed other standing committee’s involvement in the process. John will make a request to the committee heads to report their ideas this Fall (September).
Watershed – Mary reported storm clean up expenses $21,762 of which we got back from State DNR funds of half (ie: $10,833). $3,500 for direct Ponderosa expenses we would have incurred anyway (ie: labor and expenses). Thinning of forest from Ponderosa sign to Thoroughbred along Camp 12 Road, no longer needs permit for areas within 200’ of the river.
Building and Grounds – Nothing to report.
Social Committee – Fourth of July parade was well attended and members enjoyed the picnic.
Announcement: August 10 Board meeting rescheduled for 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
Water Project Update –
- Paved Road Repair Project - Very close to budget. Slight increase in square yardage (at Stetson cul-de-sac and intersection corners). Pleased with Contractor’s work.
- Remaining Repair Items - KRCI completed Camp 12 repairs. Still working on equipment track damage as required by County and KRCI is responsible for $1,600 damage claim to County.
- Loan Repayment Policy – John requested minor wording change to clarify any return on investment to loan repayment. Daryn asked for a motion to accept this wording change. John moved, Stan seconded – All Approved.
11:22 a.m. New Business
Scheduled mid month Executive Session for Wednesday, July 24 th at 7:00 pm via conference call.
Erickson Tree Cutting – Mrs. Erickson and Mary discussed the events of trees cut on Ponderosa road right of way for owners plan to add additional drive and parking space. Contracted logger issues also discussed (ie: any liability he may be responsible for). Board members made a personal visit after the meeting to the sight. Item tabled for further discussion.
Association Manager’s Report – Mary was proactive to notify members of paving schedules and events. Water taste issues on Bronco. Water line flushed for third time. Mary reported water taste was much improved. Discussion on PUD, and Frontier work in progress (fiber optics/broadband in certain areas of Ponderosa and along Camp 12 road).
11:39 a.m. Member Comments
- A member questioned Ponderosa employee budget vs. 2007 budget. Daryn and Mary explained difference was volunteer status of previous manager.
- A member questioned other possible budget cuts to save money. Stan reported that all areas she questioned were reduced from the prior years’ budget and invited her to attend the 2014 budget proposal meeting this Fall. She declined.
- A member had issue with mailbox kiosks being moved. Daryn informed him that water main replacement excavations required many mailboxes be moved to temporary locations and permanent relocations are subject to requirements of the Post Office, water main/meter locations, and snowplowing.
11:57 a.m. Adjourn – Motion to adjourn to Executive Session. Daryn moved, John seconded - All Approved.
1:10 p.m. Reconvene From Executive Session – Discussion on multiple water system issues. No issues were voted on.
1:11 p.m. Adjourn – Daryn asked for a motion to adjourn the Board meeting. John moved, Stan seconded – All Approved.