Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
July 12, 2014 10:30 a.m. – at the Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
Daryn Wilbur – President
John McRoberts – Vice President
Doug Barga – Director of Operations
Shannon Stithem – Treasurer
Bill Ham – Secretary
Mary Cox – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 7
The meeting was called to order by Daryn at 10:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. Pledge of Allegiance to the USA Flag
10:31 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Daryn asked for a motion to approve the previous month’s June 14, 2014 Board meeting minutes and the May 14, 2014 Annual Member’s Meeting minutes. No Executive session was scheduled for month of July. John moved, Shannon seconded – all approved.
10:32 a.m. Treasurer’s Report
- Shannon reviewed monthly income and expense reports with Mary and everything looks to be in order. Overall we are at 49% of budget expenses with 50% of the year expired. Call outs – new pool heater at $4,300 will put us over the $6,000 budget. M&O General will cover, but may have to use M&O Reserve. One member water shutoff for non-payment of dues, paid four days later and water service restored. One lien pending on undeveloped property, no response from owners regarding back dues, one pending water shut off for non payment of dues.
Daryn asked for a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report. Bill moved, John seconded – all approved.
10:35 a.m. Old Business
- Three Year Strategic Plan – Bill Griffin, Committee Chair
Bill presented the five page draft plan to the Board with a verbal introduction noting that they extended it to a five year plan. Items and elements of the plan are proposals and collaborative efforts with the Board are necessary to craft a final plan. Bill noted that the whole plan is based on speculation. The impacts of these speculative events then suggest possible solutions to those impacts if they do become factual events. A lengthy discussion of well over an hour occurred with the Board, members of the committee and Mary. Further discussion will be scheduled at the next Board meeting and Mary will put together a list of items or future plans that are currently being addressed that are mentioned in the proposed plan. Daryn invited committee members to attend the next Board meeting or meetings as required for final draft language, content, and scope of the three year strategic plan is finalized for Board approval. Daryn thanked the committee for its efforts.
- Update – Ditches and Driveways
Mary updated the Board on cost/price estimates for this project. Mary found a supplier from Oregon who would provide a 20’ culvert pipe for $140/stick vs. $240/stick as assumed cost at last Board meeting. Daryn confirmed that Ponderosa would provide one culvert pipe per lot if required and any additional pipe as needed by homeowner request would be at homeowner’s expense plus labor and materials to install. Mary hopes we could secure this price and get this pipe by the end of July. Once pipe arrives, we can get started on the six priority areas for improvements. Construction and material expenses will come from M&O Roads.
12:00 p.m. New Business
- Daryn reported that Mick Lamar, the Fire Chief called for an immediate burn ban. The Ponderosa must formerly adopt a burn ban until further notice. Daryn asked for a motion to implement an immediate burn ban. John proposed, Bill seconded – all approved. In accordance with Fire Department rules this incudes charcoal BBQ’s. Propane BBQ’s are okay.
- Mary reported a recent member starting a campfire in the River Front Park (a greenbelt area). Discussion followed on the Operating Procedures Article #17 and greenbelt rules with regards to fires. Bill proposed to change the Operating Procedures to define any fire in the greenbelt as an illegal fire and change the greenbelt rules to define a fire in the greenbelt is an illegal fire, as stated in the Operating Procedures. John seconded – all approved, motion carries.
- Identify topics for mid-month Executive session. No need for a mid-month Executive session and none scheduled at this time.
- Review Fine Schedule – Ken Paauw, our Ombudsman gave an overview of current neighborhood complaint topics and issues and the process in dealing with Chelan County code enforcement issues of public nuisance, malicious mischief, and vandalism. Ken talked about County’s lack of action and proposed a fine schedule from the Ponderosa for specific cases relative to our community. Our current fine schedule for “other than” violations is minimal and doesn’t deter offensive behavior. Possible increase of fine schedule and additional fines for repeat violations or non-compliance may be more effective in dealing with long term complaint/violation issues. Mary and Ken will work on final fine schedule and enforcement for approval at next Board meeting. Thanks to Ken and all his efforts as our Ombudsman.
- Association Manager Report Highlights – Clubhouse air conditioner was broken- now fixed. August 9 th Board meeting will be at the office as clubhouse has been rented on Saturday, August 9.
12:25 p.m. Members Open Floor Questions
- One member questioned the latest heat pump repair using M&O Pool funds vs. capital improvement. The Board considers this a maintenance issue thus the expense on the M&O budget.
- Another member questioned the mulching or lack thereof in the greenbelt areas. Mary reported that Doug is pressing for this to be completed as quickly as possible but the chipper operator is working on the Entiat fire at this time.
12:32 p.m. Adjourn to Executive Session
- Daryn asked for a motion to adjourn to Executive session. John moved, Doug seconded – all approved.
12:45 p.m. Reconvene From Executive Session and Voting
- Daryn asked for a motion to place $1,000 into the IOLTA account for Nicole Hay to fund legal/filing fees regarding our dispute with RH2. Bill moved, Shannon seconded – all approved, motion carries.
12:47 p.m. Adjourn – Daryn asked for a motion to adjourn the Board meeting. John moved, Doug seconded - all approved. Meeting adjourned.