Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
July 11, 2015 at the Ponderosa Office
Board Members Attending:
- Daryn Wilbur – President
- Shannon Stithem – Treasurer
- Brad Ulrich – Association Manager
Board members Absent: President Doug Barga – Director of Operations, Ken Paauw – Vice President and Tim Abel – acting secretary.
General Members Attending: More than usual!
Due to absences, no quorum can be reached at this meeting and all voting will occur at the next (August) board meeting.
8:01 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – No quorum. Tabled to August.
8:12 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – Shannon reported we are a little over budget due to changing the insurance over on the truck. She doesn’t see the overage as a budget problem. Brad reported there was a water shut-off notice sent out to one owner for lack of payment on dues.
8:22 a.m. Old Business – Committee Reports
- Paving Gravel Roads Ditches and Driveways
The Ponderosa had some recent road damage. Brad plans to contact A&W Paving to get a bid on repairs. People requiring additional culverts will need to contact Brad via email, not snail-mail. Daryn mentioned there was a change at Forsgren & Asso. which has led to a delay in the paving but still sees the project happening in August.
Grays Electric installing new pump. Tech is coming out to oversee the sterilization of the well this week. Everything is looking good, including budget.
- Committee Reports
- Watershed Committee: Doug made pitch for Firewise Program – Free fire risk assessment of individual properties. Encourage full membership participation. Also mentioned the fire hazard posed by brush piles that remain after greenbelt thinning. He encouraged the board to address the dangerous issue, adding $500 to the clean-up budget ($1000 total with expectations of getting $500 back from DNR grants) so that Terry Drexler can pull the piles away from the trees and dispose. Doug also reported now that the fire risk management stage of greenbelt cleanup is completed and the Watershed committee is now focusing on trail restoration. A meeting is scheduled at Bill Whitlow’s house to plan. All members invited. Doug also brought up the issue of individual owners trying to enhance the greenbelt areas without board approval.
- Buildings and Grounds : Brad reported on the purchase of lounge chairs.
- Technology and Website Development : Nothing to report.
- Social Committee – Successful 4 th of July parade and picnic with lots of audience ‘atta-boys’.
8:29 a.m. New Business
PCC Greenbelt Properties – Battling encroachment.
Brad Shots defended cleaning the greenbelt behind his property after a year of no progress in cleaning up mess behind property. He reported the ‘mess’ has been attracting rodents and ants. Another member reported the clearing of the greenbelts as ‘excessive’ and the hazardous shrapnel that remains beyond what should be acceptable. Owners claim they took action after a year of inaction for safety/health reasons. There was also a claim of some level of hypocrisy in the management of the greenbelts when heavier equipment is being used to create new trails, damaging trees and plants in the greenbelt in the process whereas owners are merely taking it upon themselves to clean up these greenbelts and redefine the trails with natural objects (mainly logs). Daryn reminded the members that no action can be taken until there can be a quorum. More discussion and any action will occur at the August meeting. Owners requested more clarification on the definition of ‘Greenbelts’. Doug requested members attend the Watershed Committee meetings and help define direction and definition of the PCC greenbelts.
9:15 a.m. Members Open Floor Questions
- Association Manager Report Highlights
- All fire hydrant cap colors have been installed (Cap colors designate flow). USRB Insurance inspection completed. This should result in reduced insurance costs for the PCC.
- Received the backup 350 plow truck – Everything checks out. New plow will be installed.
Executive session – No executive session
9:36 a.m. Adjourn July Board Meeting