Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
June 14, 2014 10:30 a.m. – at the Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Daryn Wilbur – President
- John McRoberts – Vice President
- Shannon Stithem – Treasurer
- Bill Ham – Secretary
- Mary Cox – Association Manager
- Absent: Doug Barga – Director of Operations
General Members Attending: 0
The meeting was called to order by Daryn at 10:33 a.m.
10:33 a.m. Pledge of Allegiance to the USA Flag
10:34 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Daryn asked for a motion to approve the previous month’s May 10, 2014 Board meeting minutes. No Executive session was scheduled for month of May. John moved, Bill seconded – all approved.
10:35 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – Shannon Stithem
- Reviewed all reports with Mary, currently year to date we are overall tracking on budget. Total expenses are at 42% of budget with 42% of year expired.
- Annual insurance (liability and properties) paid total premium $852 over budget. Insurance costs higher than expected (Mary worked with agent to get lowest possible premium costs with Board approved increased coverage).
- M&O Pool costs reflect new additional heat pump installed when old unit failed at May start up.
Transaction Detail Report -
- Reviewed report and everything looks to be in order.
Daryn asked for a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report. Bill moved, John seconded – all approved.
10:39 a.m. Old Business
Committee Reports –
- Buildings & Grounds – nothing to report.
- Social Committee – nothing to report.
- Board discussion on clubhouse use by members, guests and non-members (rental opportunities). Clubhouse rules and Ponderosa Community Club policy language will be fine-tuned to address membership use of the clubhouse, rental policies for non-members and “commercial” use of Ponderosa facilities.
- Watershed – commercial thinning project update. Mary reporting for Doug that Elite Logging is selling logs from units 1 and 2 through June. Clean up and mulching in lower greenbelts continues. Lupine and Blue Bell trail greenbelts now complete. Unit 8 will be thinned by tree service.
- Ditches and Drives Update Plans – Board discussion on runoff plans, action for funding, proposed solutions, homeowner responsibilities, estimated costs, problem areas, construction implementation and requirements for ditches on remaining gravel roads prior to paving next year. Mary will work with Jesse to finalize plan to vote on by next Board meeting.
- 25408 Riata Road – Norris family now contracting with Mike Livers of M&M Construction to repair and reconstruct erosion area. Mike’s plans include the use of a smaller footprint of greenbelt access and only one tree needing removal. The existing Ponderosa Community Club requirements for documentation, hold harmless, restoration, and any road repair issues still applies from previous Board meeting. Homeowner, contractor and subcontractor hold harmless agreements will be drawn by legal rep for PCC for signatures of all involved parties prior to any construction or use of PCC greenbelt areas.
12:55 p.m. New Business
- Identify topics for mid-month Executive session.
- No Executive session is scheduled at this time.
Association Manager Report Highlights –
- Jeanne Whitlow working on updating website and will be contacting Rose Ann McRoberts.
- Noise complaints (music, profanity) have occurred. Ken Paauw, Ombudsman, will attempt to resolve these complaints. Do we need to add “public nuisance” to Article 17 of Operating Procedures to give Ponderosa Community Club enforcement capabilities in such cases? Daryn asked for a motion to add “public nuisance” to the Article 17. John moved, Bill seconded – all approved, motion carries.
- Board discussion on prohibited activities and a fine schedule for offenders. Fine schedule will remain as published and on a case by case and dollar for dollar basis, and Board will decide an appropriate fine if required.
- Member tree removal issues and discussion. Current fine status still stands and members must contact Ponderosa Community Club prior to cutting any trees in greenbelts or Ponderosa right of way along all the roads. Richard Schellhaas, Ponderosa forester will assess the Ponderosa trees with regards to our forest management plan at landowner’s expense, and costs for tree removal will be member’s responsibility. Daryn asked for a motion to approve a new policy that if any trees are cut without Ponderosa Community Club permission, a $200 fine will be imposed to cover Richard Schellhaas’ expenses to assess trees that were cut and any that did not conform to the forest management plan policies would be subject to the standard fine of $500/tree 3” to 6”, and $750/tree over 6”. John moved, Shannon seconded – all approved, motion carries.
1:30 p.m. Members Open Floor Questions
1:30 p.m. Adjourn to Executive Session
1:40 p.m. Reconvene From Executive Session
1:40 p.m. Adjourn – Daryn asked for a motion to adjourn the Board meeting. John moved, Shannon seconded - all approved. Meeting adjourned.