Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
June 11th, 2016 at the Ponderosa Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
Ken Paauw – President
Louis Kimmel – Director Of Operations
Shannon Stithem – Treasurer
Tim Abel - Secretary
Brad Ulrich – Association Manager
(Vice President Doug Barga excused)
General Members Attending: 0
8:02 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – New this term, the President has requested we have hard copies of the previous month’s meeting minutes to approve. After looking the two meeting minutes over, Ken entertained a motion to approve the May 14th Board Meeting Minutes. Tim moved, Shannon seconded. Ken entertained a motion to approve the Annual Members Meeting Minutes. Tim moved, Shannon seconded, all approved.
Executive Session Report - No Executive Session
8:05 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – Shannon reported we were 23% over budget on M&O for April and 19% over budget on M&O costs for May. However, we are at 40% of our annual budget with 42% of the year expired. A $2,554.57 lien that was filed last August is now fully paid. No delinquent accounts. Ken motioned to accept the Treasurer’s Report. Tim moved, Shannon seconded. All approved.
8:12 a.m. OLD BUSINESS
- STREET SIGNS – All street signs have been ordered, most are already here. After Ken gets done with water projects he will start on installing new signage.
- ROADS AND DITCHES – We are negotiating with the contractor (Don from A&W) to pick up the bad spot on Colt, swapping a side project to fix this bigger problem. The new culvert installations along Palomino are complete. One culvert at the bottom of Palomino was missed and that is being fixed.
- STOP SIGN AT STIRRUP AND SADDLE – Tree branches obscuring the sign. Sign needs to be moved forward roughly 10 feet, or closer to the corner.
- DITCH ON UPPER SADDLE – It was suggest the board take a trip up to personally view this drainage problem after the meeting in order to clarify a course of action.
- WEBCAMS UPDATE – Brad did some investigating with Kahler Glen’s webcam system. Need more information on the purchase and installation.
8:35 a.m. COMMITTEE REPORTS
- BUILDING AND GROUNDS – Looking into getting a new swing for the swing set. Also new sand for the playground. Office floor is still being installed.
- WATERSHED – Ken asked to make sure the Trails Master Plan has been downloaded into the Ponderosa website and available to all members. Doug and Brad travelled around the Ponderosa looking for tree hazards in the Ponderosa right-of-ways. Doug is looking into applying for a $1500 grant to assist in having these hazards removed.
- SOCIAL COMMITTEE – Brad reported over 100 members showed up for the Chili Feed Sunday, May 29th.
- SADDLE STREET PROPERTY PETITION – Still not enough signatures. If you haven’t signed this petition yet please swing by the office and do so. We need 50% +1 of the membership to approve this cost-cutting measure.
8:40 a.m. New Business
- FIRE HYDRANTS – Investigating the purchase of universal adaptors to be installed on our 57 hydrants. This would allow quick hook-up to any one of our hydrants to any fire truck. Cost runs roughly $100 each, so this is a good chunk o’ change. Ken suggested we table the expense for three months. By then, the board should have a better feel for the Capital Budget next year.
- SIGNS – Checking into signage for the river area (MEMBERS ONLY)/One-way signage for Welch, Palomino & Colt, and Do-Not-Enter zones on the latter two streets.
8:50 a.m. Identify topics for mid-month Executive Session – No topics.
8:52 a.m. Open Floor – No Members present
8:53 a.m. Association Manager Highlight Report
- Brad reported the Ponderosa’s insurance budget will drop $1000 now that the new plow truck has been put on stand-by status until winter. This also means we can’t drive it until then. We will also receive a $500 discount on our insurance for the Ponderosa’s participation in the Firewise program.
- Brad also reported we have hired a new office manager – Linda Wood. Make sure you swing by and say ‘hi’ to her.
- Brad mentioned a juvenile cougar was found dead under a shed on Shetland. Game warden collected it up and hauled it away. Died of apparent natural causes. They’re out there folks.
8:56 a.m. Adjourn to Executive Session – No voting required.
9:22 a.m. Adjourn March Board Meeting – Shannon moved, Tim seconded. Motion carried.
Brad, Ken, Louis and Tim travelled up to the end of Saddle to personally check out the drainage problems up there.