Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
June 8, 2012 10:30 a.m. – at the Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Daryn Wilbur – President
- John McRoberts – Vice President
- Vern Little – M&O Director
- Stan Morgan – Treasurer
- Bill Ham – Secretary
- Mary Cox – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 1
The Meeting was called to order at 10:30a.m.
10:30 a.m. U.S.A. Flag - Pledge of Allegiance
10:31 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes
- Daryn asked for a motion to accept the previous month’s meeting minutes: May 11 Board meeting minutes and May 25 Annual Member’s Meeting minutes
- Vern moved and Stan 2 nd . All approved.
10:32 a.m. Executive Session Report – Daryn
- Daryn reported on Executive session and Special Business Meeting Mon Jun 3, 2013 in Seattle during the mediation hearing with KRCI and the approval of the settlement as agreed with KRCI
- Daryn asked for a motion to accept the June 3, 2013 Special Board Meeting minutes
- Stan moved and Vern 2 nd. All approved.
10:32 a.m. Treasurer’s Report - Stan
- $6000 more as of May 2013 vs May 2012
- Expenses for insurance, office supply, postage, legal/mediator were discussed. Expenses tracking well, used 40% of budget verses 42% by year expired.
- Past Dues
Daryn asked for accept to motion treasurer’s report, John moved and Bill 2 nd to pass report. All approved.
- 8 properties past due long term, one started a payment schedule, and bank has been contacted for payments ref a foreclosure property.
- 15 properties are 60 days past due and all are on a payment schedule.
- Total outstanding reduced by $1800 from last month.
10:39 Old Business
10:39 a.m. Committee Reports
- 10:40 a.m. Paving Gravel Roads. Nothing to Report
- 10:41 a.m. 3-year Strategic Plan – John
Have 1 new member, no meeting scheduled, discussion of more members on the committee and need for full time resident on committee, fall start up.
- 10:53 a.m. Watershed, including Storm Cleanup – Mary
No committee members present, DNR will be paying 50% of Martin’s invoice for clean up / chipping / thinning of common areas by the end of June
- 10:55 a.m. Buildings & Grounds
No members present, nothing to report.
- 10:56 a.m. Social Committee – No members present.
- New Needler Committee – Daryn
- Members areTom and Melissa Clausen, Damaris Bartlett, and Maureen Mitchel. Special Thank You to Tim Olsen for his many years of service to the Ponderosa Community. Thank You cards will be sent to previous Needler volunteers.
10 :59 m. Water Project Update
- Paved Road Repair Project – Mary
Listed contractors and resources for bidding. Pre bid conference last week. Anticipate 3 or more bids to be submitted. Submitted bids will be opened 6/19/13 at 2pm
- Construction Contract Dispute Update - Daryn
6/3/13 mediation meeting with KRCI in Seattle. They claimed water project plans were incorrect, and they had to work overtime to complete the project. They claimed $810,000 extra expenses. Through mediation we were able to reduce that claim down to 175,000. In addition we waived our liquidated damages of 30,000. We owe $101,000 that we held back from last payment request plus 175,000 above the agreed upon contracted price. Total $275,000. At the end of a long day this board felt this settlement was in the best interest of the Association rather than a long legal battle and court settlement that would have very high legal fee plus any court awarded settlement of claims by KRCI. The funds to cover this additional expense will not incur any additional assessment by the membership.
- 2011 Loan Repayment Policy- Mary
Discussed ideas for drafting a water loan repayment policy to protect the homeowners during the life of the loan and to share this policy with future boards and Association Managers.
11:41 a.m. New Business
- 11:41 a.m. Identify Topics for mid-month Executive Session
- Set Friday, June 21, 2013 at 1:30 p.m. for Special Board Meeting to review received road paving bids for repaving of previous paved roads. Bids will be opened on Wed, June 19, 2013 and Dan Howell will research bids and make his recommendations. Board members will vote on approving the selected contractor at that special meeting either in person or via a conference call.
- 11:46 a.m. Memorial Day Security Report
- Several issues were reported and security guard was called to respond to complaints of large groups of people making excessive noise well beyond the normal quiet hours and association rules. Security guard and employees we met by rude and inappropriate verbal behavior from the offending parties. It was recommended that a strong written notice from the manager to the property owners that such behavior will not be tolerated.
- Hiring an off duty sheriff deputy during the large member holiday weekends was discussed as a possible security, and peace keeping enhancement to preclude this type of activity from occurring again, or becoming common place.
- 11:51 a.m. Association Manager Report Highlights
- Security camera at the pool 24/7
- No drinking of alcohol what so ever in the swimming pool area. Offending parties will have pool card revoked.
- Patching pot holes just prior to resurfacing and paving is not cost effective in dollars and time of Ponderosa employees. Please drive slowly.
- Working on prep work prior to repaving.
11:55 a.m. If Time Permits:
- Member’s Open Floor Questions & Comments
- No questions or comments by member present.
11:55 a.m. Adjourn to Executive Session
1:15 p.m. Reconvene from Executive Session
No issues to be voted on
1:16 p.m. ADJOURN
Daryn asked for a motion to adjourn
John moved, Stan 2 nd All approved.