Ponderosa Community Club
Our Mission: The Ponderosa Community Club's mission is to create and maintain a safe and welcoming community which enhances recreational and residential living through active membership participation, visionary leadership, and commitment to sustainability and harmony with the natural environment.


Association Manager

Needler

Governing Documents

Forms

 

Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
May 09, 2015 at the Ponderosa Clubhouse

Board Members Attending:

  • John McRoberts – Vice President
  • Shannon Stithem – Treasure
  • Doug Barga – Operations and Maintenance Manager
  • Brad Ulrich – Association Manager

Board members Absent: President Daryn Wilbur

John McRoberts presided over the meeting. Doug was appointed to take minutes because Kevin Sweeney was absent from the meeting.

General Members Attending: 1

The meeting was called to order by John at 10:32 a.m

10:33 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes –

John asked for a motion to approve the previous month’s April 11th Board meeting minutes. No Executive session was scheduled for month of April. Doug motioned, Shannon seconded – all approved. Motion carries.

10:34 a.m. Treasurer’s Report

Shannon reported that we are a bit high on a few items but are expecting a refund from DNR to offset forest management expenses. High on the M&O water due to a down payment on well 3 and may be over budget at the end of the year due to expenses in repairing well 3. Office/Board is a little over due to purchasing Brad a computer and sending out ballots. Should be in line by end of year as these type of expenses decrease

One water shut-off notice was sent due to late payments.

John asked about paving project and when remaining assessments would be collected and Brad stated all assessments should be collected by July and it will go out for bid in June.

John asked for motion to accept, Doug motioned and John second, the motion carried.

10:38 a.m. Old Business – Committee Reports

Paving Gravel Roads, Ditches, and Driveways. Brad stated he has been trying to contact Dan the project manager at Forsgren Associates for a month and has not gotten a response and is concerned with the project bid being scheduled for later this month. Shannon asked if other companies were available and Brad said yes, the advantage of Forsgren is they are familiar with the project. Brad will continue to try to contact them and Doug volunteered to also try to contact him.

Well Number 3 – Next Step. Schedule to pull pump this coming week and Ken and Geno will cut down some trees so there can be access to the pump. On Tuesday the chemical treatment process starts as well as wiring, pump, and piping will be sterilized. This is being done to rehabilitate the well and bring it back into service. Next year the board needs to consider extra funds in the budget to do another test on well 3.

Committee reports

Technology – Shannon reported there was one meeting via a conference call and with five individuals attending. A follow-up meeting was proposed to follow in two weeks but as of yet it has not occurred. There was good conversation and participation during the first meeting.

Buildings and Ground – no committee representative was present, Brad reported that some Ponderosa members asked if they could have some of the chips from the Firewise chipping program. Doug mentioned that the chips could be used for the new trail being created off of Stirrup.

Watershed Committee – no committee representative was present. It was mentioned to take a picture of the new trail and post an article in the Needler. As a way to thank Jim Reynolds and son Austin who volunteered his time and equipment for the trail project a Thank You card recognizing what he has done for the community.

Social Committee – Rose Ann received feedback from the email questionnaires concerning opportunities for social committees and over 65 responses were received. Many responses indicated that they wanted different social events during the year. There was a request for a Memorial Day event but it was determined it was too late to organize this event but could be planned for next year. Rose Ann is gathering additional information.

10:55 a.m. New Business

Ponderosa Community Club Pets Policy – An incident on Saddle occurred where people were walking their dog and their dog entered another person’s property and the dog was fatally wounded and the owner of the dog who entered the property also sustained some injuries. There are several Ponderosa community members who are concerned about this incident and what can be done. It was determined by the Board to not to create a new rule but to follow Chelan County rules. Brad will send out an email reminder about the county’s leash regulations.

Plan for Annual Members Meeting – Brad demonstrated PA system to determine if the board felt it was sufficient for the meeting, after demonstration it was determined that it would be okay. It was emphasized that people need to place the mic close to their mouth and that it should be used instead of not used.

Discussed the route people should use to register and place the ballots and that it should be marked appropriately.

It was stated that there is a need for ballot and greeters for the meeting. At this time Brad has no volunteers and will put out an email asking for volunteers. Possible volunteers were discussed.

Projector setup location was discussed and various options were presented; Brad will keep care of setup before the meeting. A deep cleaning of the clubhouse is scheduled before the meeting and refreshments are planned. The Watershed committee will have a displayed for Firewise and placement of the display board was discussed.

Rose Ann stated there will be refreshments available.

Rose Ann mentioned we will need hand ballots in case there is a hand vote during the meeting. A membership list is required to ensure that members in good standing are the only ones getting a hand voting card. Signs will be installed directing people where to go.

Discussion on whose computer to use for projector presentation.

Identify topics for mid –month session. No topics need to be discussed for the mid-month session.

11:30 a.m. Association Manager’s Highlight report.

Went outside to look at deck and to view the condition of the railing, Geno was present to answer questions. Different options were discussed for the railing and it was determined to go with standard wood (non-treated) for rail boards and rail post will be treated, the railing will be the same color as the decking. It was decided to move forward with the deck railing replacement with an expenditure of no more than $1,800. John asked for someone to motion to authorized purchase of materials, Shannon moved and Doug second, the motioned carried.

12:20 p.m. Adjourn to Executive Session

John asked for a motion to move to executive session, Doug moved and Shannon seconded.

12:25 p.m Adjourn John asked for a motion to adjourn the board meeting. Doug moved and Shannon seconded. The motion carried and the meeting adjourned.

 

 

 

 


Home
Board Minutes

Meeting Agendas

Financials

Ombudsman

Long Range Plan

Ponderosa Community Club
21100 Cayuse Leavenworth, WA 98826 secretary@ponderosacommunityclub.org
Washington State, USA

Copyright 2003 Ponderosa Community Club All rights reserved.
Back to Top