Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
MAY 14th, 2016 at the Ponderosa Office
Board Members Attending:
- Daryn Wilbur – President
- Ken Paauw – Vice President
- Doug Barga – Director Of Operations
- Shannon Stithem – Treasurer
- Tim Abel - Secretary
- Brad Ulrich – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 5
8:00 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Daryn entertained motion to approve the April board meeting minutes. Ken moved, Shannon seconded, all approved.
Executive Session Report - No action taken in Mid-Month Executive Session
8:04 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – 1 lien released and Ponderosa was paid. We are over budget on M&O, mainly due to multiple issues with the new plow truck. At 29% of the budget year we are at 36% of the budget already. I straggler on the payment plan for HOA dues and water shut-off notice has been issued. Daryl motioned to accept the report. Ken moved, Doug seconded. All approved.
8:10 a.m. Old Business
- New road signs – Brad reported the purchase of new reflective road signs for the Ponderosa will cost about $1700, parts & signs. The Camp 12 signs are considered County issues. Placing these under county responsibility will reduce the overall cost of this upgrade to $1400. ($30/sign). Daryn entertained the motion to proceed with the purchase of the signs, minus the Camp 12 signs. Ken moved, Doug seconded. Motion carries.
- Roads and Ditches Update – Road chipping project has resumed. Cleaned out ditches at Arabian & Stirrup. Road sweeping is still on hold due to the unavailability of road sweepers. Drainage at several properties was discussed, one at Upper Bridal, one at Lower Bridal, Riata, Stirrup and Corral. Ditches were requested to be cleaned out at the April meeting. The Corral issue was considered nature more than the responsibility of the Ponderosa. Other drainage problems appear to be exacerbated by property owners themselves and may need county interaction. The upper Saddle issue may be a BPA issue. Doug and the Watershed Committe will look into the removal of trees on Shetland. The upper Saddle issue may be a BPA issue. Brad will check into the BPA easement contract and see if they can address this issue.
- 1997 Truck Brake Estimate - $500. Since we are not going to be using the truck until winter it was determined we would wait on this budget item.
- Saddle Street Property Update – We need 50%+1 of membership to sign petition to convert this from saleable property to Greenbelt property to save $$ on annual property taxes. Make sure you come by the Annual Membership Meeting if just to sign this petition. This will save us all $$.
Buildings & Grounds – Office floor is in the process of being replaced. The one big toy on the playground needs replacing due to disrepair.
Watershed Committee – Chairperson Doug Pendleton reported the final clean-up on forest thinning project is complete! The Chair also presented the Master Trail Plan, a comprehensive, long-term look at greenbelt direction. Copies of this in-depth report are available for review in the Ponderosa Office. The Master Trail Plan will be re-presented at the Annual Members Meeting 5-28. Awesome job! Daryn motioned to approve the report, Ken moved, Doug seconded. All heartily approved. Ken requested the Watershed Committee fast-track a walking trail from the Ponderosa into Plain to prevent cars and people from sharing the dangerously narrow entrance road. Many ideas on how to get this done were presented.
Social Committee – Chili feed planned for Sunday, May 29th. All donations will go to the Fire Auxillary. There will be a dessert potluck at this event.
10:00 a.m. New Business
- Identify topics for Annual Membership Meeting – Management Philosophy/Dues Comparison/Light Pollution/RH2 Project Update
- Identify topics for mid-month Executive Session
- Association Manager Report Highlights – Chelcie Strode, the Ponderosa’s Office Manager, has given notice. Interviews will occur this coming week.
10:30 a.m. Open Floor – RH2 questions can’t be discussed while litigation is in process.
10:39 a.m. Executive session – No vote needed.
11:33 a.m. Re-adjourn May 14th Board Meeting – No vote required.
11:35 a.m. Adjourn