Ponderosa Community Club
Our Mission: The Ponderosa Community Club's mission is to create and maintain a safe and welcoming community which enhances recreational and residential living through active membership participation, visionary leadership, and commitment to sustainability and harmony with the natural environment.


Association Manager

Needler

Governing Documents

Forms

 

Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
May 14, 2011 10:30 a.m. – at the Clubhouse 

Board Members Attending:

  • Ann Ashford – President - via phone conference
  • Daryn Wilbur – Vice President
  • Jeanne Whitlow – Operations Director
  • Steve Geho – Treasurer – via phone conference
  • Claudia Kuniholm – Secretary – via phone conference
  • Mary Cox – Association Manager

General Members Attending: 11 Members, 2 excused themselves early

The meeting was called to order at 10:31. 
10:31 a.m.    Salute the Flags

10:33 a.m.     Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – The minutes of the April meeting were approved as written – all approved.  Moved and seconded – Daryn, Jeanne
                       
Executive Session Report & Voting as Required
Several real estate issues were discussed, none required a vote.  There was a mid-month executive session.  Updates to previously discussed real estate issues were provided.  Also discussed was the concern about the verbiage used to restrict advertisement of properties for sale in the Ponderosa.

10:45 a.m.     TREASURER REPORT
In relation to the budget we are on track with expenses:
33% of year has passed.
CD Status: Nothing has changed. No CD’s are maturing at this time.
A/R status update: 61% or $214,490.36 of dues have been collected, $13,500 is past due, most are on track with payment plans.  Mary is following up on those that are not on track, 5 lots have had their water turned off, some have been restored, more discussion in executive session about those who have still not responded to the shut off action.
25% of budget year to date has been spent which equates to about $143k
35% of legal budget spent on liens, etc.
0% of insurance budget has been spent – this is an annual fee
29% of salary budget has been spent
M&O Maintenance Account Balance - $179,793.92
M&O Reserve Account Balance - $33,593.99
Water Fund Account Balance - $412,972.09, with an outstanding loan balance of $271,003.91, during the month of April $4,458.24 was spent towards the water mains project.
Capital Improvement Account Balance - $217,267.87.  During the month of April $1643.79 was spent toward the ball field upgrade.

Moved to accept treasurer’s report – Moved by Steve, second by Daryn, all approved

Annual report – Review of annual report – j/e’s look ok, the discussion point is the letter that is included with the annual report that is asking for Steve’s signature.  Steve is waiting to review the financial statements that have been prepared before he can sign off on the annual report.  Steve has agreed to have his comments and review to the accountant by mid-week.  Mary will provide contact information for the accountant to Steve.  By Monday, May 23rd the final documentation as agreed to by Mary and Steve, will be submitted to the accountant so that it will be printed and available by the annual meeting time if the accountant can finalize in that time line.  

10:38 a.m.     OLD BUSINESS

  • PCC Water Distribution Project Funding Updates – DOH notified us that we have received tentative approval for low interest funding!  There were 49 applicants this year.  We are one of the finalists.  Timeline of what happens next was presented should we be approved.  The public comment period ends on May 27.  We will find out on August 16 if we have received the award.  We need to wait for public comment period to end and then we can ask additional questions about our project if we are approved for funding.  Mary has met with Bill Schmidt to discuss the project timelines if we are approved. 

11:50am        NEW BUSINESS GENERAL

  • Annual Members meeting agenda – add Salute to the Flag.  Short board meeting will be held after the Annual’s Meeting to pass out background
  • Revoking Advertising Rule – Daryn moved that we revoke the rule as written that was approved by the Board after an advisory vote by the membership last year, Steve seconded.  Attorney was very concerned that we were opening ourselves to 1st Amendment issues as it was worded now.  Jeanne mentioned that she would like to have this noted as a temporary revocation until it can be addressed again.  Claudia agreed. 3 approved, 2 abstain.  Jeanne moved that we immediately speak with our attorney to get clarification so that we can present a correctly worded document to the members.  Claudia seconded.  3 approved, 1 against, 1 abstained. Motion passed.
  • By Laws and Operating Procedures Committee update – Bill Whitlow presented changes to the By-Laws and Operating Procedures for review by the Board.  Changes were to reflect current way that business is being handled.  By-Laws were also streamlined.  Many hours have been put into the revisions to date.  Vern Little will present what has transpired to date at the Annual Member’s Meeting.  Timeline is that final document be sent out to members for approval with the Budget Review.
  • Ponderosa 23101 Saddle lot issues – Judy Drexler – erosion issues on Saddle.  She lives next to the greenbelt access on Saddle and Corral.  The greenbelt is being destroyed by water and people.  There is a large tree that needs to come down, it is in danger of falling down in a strong windstorm.  There is a drainage area that is eroding and cutting the trail in half.  It has become a safety issue.  The Watershed Committee has looked at this and feels like they will need to discuss this with an outside party. Mary suggested a trail closed sign until it can be addressed along with an orange safety fence.  Jeanne moved that we authorize $1000 from the M&O fund to be spent on a study to fix this.  Daryn seconded. Approved.  Watershed Committee will report back next month.
  • Identify topics for Mid-month Executive Session –  A meeting will be held today to follow-up on some issues.  If needed a mid-month Executive Session will be held after the Annual Members meeting if needed

11:30 a.m.          OPERATIONS

  • Association Managers Report Highlights –
  • Annual Members Meeting Details
    • Daryn has folks lined up to count the votes
    • The Melson’s have graciously allowed us to use their sound system
    • Daryn will check to see if the fire department will bring a donation boot.
  • Memorial Day weekend – Daryn will be on call for any security issues.
  • Ombudsman Issue – Tree is sitting on a property line on Stirrup and Shetland.  It is rotten at the bottom and will fall down.  Mary has contacted homeowners.  It will cost $100 to $150 to remove the tree.  She has not received any response from the homeowners.  The tree is on private property.  Jeanne offered follow-up with this issue.  It was suggested that a certified letter be sent to the homeowners
  • Thanks to Louis Pendleton for designing parking solution outside of the clubhouse.

11:40 a.m.    COMMENTS FROM THE FLOOR
A member asked if the drainage concerns would be addressed at the same time that the water main project was being done. 

A member commented on what he believed the intent of the advertising of amenities rule was.

11:45 a.m. Board meeting suspended for Executive Session discussion.

11:50 a.m. Board meeting reconvened.

12:03 p.m. There were no issues that required a vote.

12:03 p.m.     ADJOURN 

 

 

 


Home
Board Minutes

Meeting Agendas

Financials

Ombudsman

Long Range Plan

Ponderosa Community Club
21100 Cayuse Leavenworth, WA 98826 secretary@ponderosacommunityclub.org
Washington State, USA

Copyright 2003 Ponderosa Community Club All rights reserved.
Back to Top