Ponderosa Community Club
Board Meeting Minutes
May 11, 2013 10:30a.m. – At the PCC Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
Daryn Wilbur – President
John McRoberts – Vice President
Vern Little – M&O Director
Stan Morgan – Treasurer
Michele Carter – Secretary
Mary Cox – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 10
The meeting was called to order at 10:30 a.m.
This is a Board Meeting, but members will be invited to comment on each subject at appropriate times during the Board discussion with a 2-minute limit per member.
10:30 a.m. U.S.A. Flag - Pledge of Allegiance
10:31 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes
Daryn ask for accept to motion previous month meeting minutes - Vern moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor.
10:32 a.m. Treasurer’s Report - Stan
- Accounts Receivable Status – month’s income and expense
- Six-thousand dollars more year to date than this time last year.
- Postage spent for ballots.
- Liens & Foreclosures Status–
- Seventy-eight dollars credit of back lien released.
- Water Main Replacement -
- Twenty-eight hundred dollars deposit to the attorney for the upcoming mediation.
- Expense for some of Kellie’s (attorney) legal fee for the month.
- No call out on the dedicated funds
- Past due report – good shape
- Fourteen property owners were past due their funds but have paid up last month.
- Everyone is on track – except one property owner is in bank foreclosure.
- Reviewed Transaction Report – everything is in order.
- Annual Financial Review –
- Being reviewed now by our accountant.
- This will be available May 25, 2013.
- Depreciation List –
- Needs to be updated for review next year.
- Acceptance of the Treasurer’s Report
Daryn ask for accept to motion accept Treasurer’s Report - John moved, Vern 2 nd, all in favor.
10:40 a.m. Old Business
- 10:40 a.m. Committee Reports
- 10:40 a.m. Road Paving - Mary
- Paving the Roads Committee report – They met May 4, 2013. The 275,000 sq. feet of gravel roads we would like to have paved. An estimate from a paving company was approximately six dollars a sq. yard, significantly lower than previous estimates Total cost estimate of ~$225,000. Committee proposes to pave all of the gravel roads at one time. Funding would be a combination PCC Capital Reserves, and a one-time special assessment in the amount of $250 - $385/ per lot. Committee has received feedback that many members are willing to pay a special assessment for the road paving. Paving would occur in 2014.
- The Board did not make a decision and will review again at the June Board Meeting.
- Repairing paved roads – Mary
- The paved roads that were dis rupted during the Water Project will be paved this summer.
- 10:53 a.m. 3-year Strategic Plan – John
- Try to get new members to volunteer to be part of the Strategic Plan Committee.
- 10:54 a.m. Watershed, including December Storm Cleanup - Doug
- The storm cleanup is going very well. Members are doing an awesome job cleaning up around their properties.
- Green slash is being or has been removed from areas 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11. Limbs cut off the logs and chipped and replaced onto the ground.
- Area 11 is very thick with trees. There is an average of 700 trees per acre. These trees will be cut back so there are about 100 trees per acre leaving mostly the Ponderosa Pine trees.
Watershed – Doug
- River Front Park – Phase I: Open up usable space to enjoy and appreciate the river and riparian environment. Phase II: To level it out for safer access and have picnic areas. Phase III: Installation of picnic table and river viewing park bench. To be completed when funds are available.
- Noxious Weeds – Beetles have released under the Bonneville Power Line to specifically eat the Knapweed. Not harmful to other vegetation.
- 11:13 a.m. Buildings & Grounds – Bob Melson
- Later this summer, the deck on the Caretaker’s home will be replaced. The existing deck is falling apart.
- Ball field has been thatch and fertilized.
- A new teeter-totter has been built and replaced the broken one. Used timber from the decking and used the hardware from the old teeter-totter.
- Please pick up after your pets and place the waste in the garbage.
- 11:19 a.m. Social – John
- Normal activities going on.
- Chili feed at the Fire Station for a fund raiser after The Member’s Annual Meeting.
- 11:20 a.m. Water Project Update – Paved Roads Repair Project – Mary
- Road Specs will be ready for the board to approve at the May 25, 2013 meeting. Bids will be open around June 14, 2013.
- Paving companies say the paving can be completed within a three week period. Board agrees to give a paving contractor a six week window. Do to paving require to be done in warmer weather.
11:36 a.m. Daryn ask for accept to motion to hire an inspector present during the Road Repair Paving Project - John moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor.
11:42 a.m. John ask for accept to motion to use Magnesium Chloride on Roads Colt, Palomino, Stirrup to Cayuse to the club house one time prior to road repair/paving . - Vern moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor.
11:52 New Business
- 11:52 a.m. Identify Topics for mid-month Executive Session
- Allocate time before mediation.
- May 22, 2013 7:00 p.m. Special Executive Session via telecommunication.
- May 30, 2013 7:15 p.m. Special Executive Session on via telecommunication.
- June 3, 2013 Full Day Executive Session –after Executive Session a special meeting open to members.
12:00 p.m. Daryn ask for accept to motion to have a June 3, 2013 All Day Executive Session meeting and we will draft up a resolution for the mediation to authorize the Board to vote for a settlement with KRCI- Vern moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor.
- 12:05 p.m. Plan for Annual Member’s Meeting on May 25- Daryn
- Vern to update the Agenda for The Annual Members Meeting May 25, 2013.
- After the Members Meeting, there will be an Executive Session of the new Board Members re: selection of officers and mediation June 3.
12:20 p.m. If Time Permits:
- Member’s Open Floor Questions & Comments
- Member is so impressed on how the winter storm cleanup is going.
12:29 p.m. Executive Session
Daryn ask for accept to motion to move to Executive Session - John moved, Vern 2 nd, all in favor
1:20 p.m. Reconvene from Executive Session with Voting as Required
- A member has personal recreational property on the Green Belt / Ponderosa Property.
1:26 p.m. Vern ask for accept to motion to have homeowner move personal items off the Green Belt by mid-July 2013 – John moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor
1:27 p.m. Daryn ask for accept to motion to adjourn - John moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor.
1:27 p.m. ADJOURN