Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
April 9, 2011 10:30 a.m. – at the Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Ann Ashford – President - Absent
- Daryn Wilbur – Vice President
- Jeanne Whitlow – Operations Director
- Steve Geho – Treasurer
- Claudia Kuniholm – Secretary
- Mary Cox – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 5 Members
The meeting was called to order at 10:31.
10:31 a.m. Salute the Flags
10:33 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – The minutes of the March meeting were approved as written – all approved. Moved and seconded – Jeanne, Claudia
Executive Session Report & Voting as Required
Several real estate issues were discussed, none required a vote. There was no mid-month executive session.
10:45 a.m. TREASURER REPORT
In relation to the budget we are on track with expenses:
25% of year has passed.
CD Status: Nothing has changed. No CD’s are maturing at this time.
A/R status update: 57% of dues have been collected, there are still several families that are past due, resulting in just over $13k past due. Mary is following the process and has notified these families. There are 22 families that have not responded yet. On April 13 these families will be sent water shut off notices.
18% of budget year to date has been spent which equates to about $143k
29% of legal budget spent on liens, etc.
0% of insurance budget has been spent – this is an annual fee
22% of salary budget has been spent
M&O Maintenance Account Balance - $191,515.61
M&O Reserve Account Balance - $33,568.65
Water Fund Account Balance - $411,305.84, with an outstanding loan balance of $271,003.91, during the month of March $4,981.54 was spent towards the water mains project and $1041.25 was spent towards the emergency pumping project.
Capital Improvement Account Balance - $218,567.75
Property Taxes for the first half been paid.
Past Dues Status - $28k past due.
Moved to accept treasurer’s report – Moved by Steve, second by Jeanne, all approved
10:38 a.m. OLD BUSINESS
- PCC Water Distribution Project Funding Updates – We will know by June 1 if we receive the loan from the state. Part of the system has been completed along Lariat and Thouroughbred a couple of years ago, so this section is ready to have fire hydrants installed. Mary is requesting that we authorize the expenditure of $12k for 4 fire hydrants. Installing the hydrants now would allow the fire dept to have access to more water if needed. Motion to approve that $12k from the water reserve funds be spent towards the fire hydrants. Steve/Jeanne. All approved.
- Bylaws committee update – Bylaws committee chair could not be present, Daryn provided report. Meeting was held last month in Everett, by-laws review is complete, now the committee is reviewing the operating procedures. It is hopeful that within a couple of months there will be something to present to the board.
- List of potential fines for members –
Speeding: Daryn researched possible solutions for the speeding concerns. Daryn said that there is a more cost effective speed bump that works well for fire trucks, etc. He is checking further into this and is checking on the system that is being used in Cashmere. Daryn and Steve will do additional research.
Balance of Fines Issues – Additional discussion will be held – Daryn & Jeanne will head committee and report back.
11:50am NEW BUSINESS GENERAL
- Security for Upcoming Holiday Weekends – Memorial Day weekend, July 4th weekend and Labor Day weekend. It was decided to repeat what we did last year. Motion made that we hire the security company for the holiday weekends and that we post this in the Needler and otherwise to let the membership know where to call. Daryn/Steve. All approved.
- Any More Ballot Issues
- Mary requested that we add a ballot measure to use some of the set aside Capital Improvement Funds for the Water Main Project (WMP). The measure ballot measure will detail how the funds would be spent by category – loan payments, design expense, emergency pumping, fire hydrants. Discussion was held on whether this was the right timing and if we had enough information to present to the members. It was decided that the timing was not quite right. During the Annual Meeting in May additional discussion will be held with the members to discuss the WMP further.
- Board Positions – 5 members have agreed to run for the board. So far 3 have replied with information for the election. They are: Stan Morgan, Mick Mitchell and Vern Little.
- Dissolution of Corporate language, returned to previous wording – This will be presented to the members with the upcoming by-laws change.
- Capital Improvement Funds – None at this time
- Informational Survey - Projected Lot Development – Survey asking members how they use their lots currently and how they plan to use their lot in the future to forecast use of water. Motion made by Daryn/Jeanne to include with ballot.
- Identify topics for Mid-month Executive Session – Real estate issue to be discussed mid-month on April 28 if we need it.
11:30 a.m. OPERATIONS
- Association Managers Report Highlights –
- Heavy rains over the past couple of weeks resulting in severe run-off. A couple of homeowners sustained damage to their property. Mary met with homeowners to discuss. One homeowner had water that entered their basement that resulted in significant personal property damage. Mary is investigating what can be done.
- Possible cougar sighting in the Ponderosa
- Henry passed water certification this past week
- Bill Schmidt’s project report has been submitted to Department of Health for sections 1,2,3 and 7. Bill will do a presentation at the May meeting.
- Mary has a letter going out to a member who has been observed excessive speeding regularly.
11:45 a.m. Board meeting suspended for Executive Session discussion.
11:57 a.m. Board meeting reconvened.
11:57 a.m. There were no issues that required a vote.
12:00 p.m. ADJOURN
12:05 p.m. If Time Permits:
- Member’s Open Floor Questions & Comments
12:05 pm ADJOURN