Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
APRIL 14 th, 2018 at the Ponderosa Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Ken Paauw – President
- Mike Chamness – Vice President
- Kevin Weishaar - Treasurer
- Louis Kimmel – Director Of Operations
- Tim Abel - Secretary
- Paul Clark – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 4
8:02 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Approval was tabled until May meeting.
8:05 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – On track. Treasurer’s report approved.
8:15 a.m. OLD BUSINESS
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- WATERSHED COMMITTEE – Committee Chair, Doug Pendleton, reported downed trees are being cleaned up in the greenbelts. He also introduced a plan to thin Section 8 of the Ponderosa, the wellhead area of the Community Park, the last remaining sector needing fuel reduction. He estimated the project to cost $8-10K as the project will require a more technical approach. He reported the need to clear some of the small trees from the meadow area of the Ranch Reserve and suggested ordering the blue reflector signs for all Ponderosa addresses so that they can be mounted in the easements.
- SOCIAL COMMITTEE – Vice President, Mike Chamness, reported the Easter Egg Hunt was a success with approximately 50 kids taking part. He also announced there will be a Bingo Night, April 28 th from 7-8:30 pm that will include ‘edibles’.
- BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – No report
- WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT – Paul Clark & Rose Ann McRoberts presented an impressive update.
- NEW OMBUDSMAN & BOARD MEMBER SEARCH – Still looking for a volunteer to take up a vacant ombudsman position as well as applicants for the imminent Board vacancy.
8:50 a.m. NEW BUSINESS
- ANNUAL MEMBERS’ MEETING – President, Ken Paauw, announced plans to begin next month’s Annual Members’ Meeting talking strictly Ponderosa business before turning the floor over to presenters. The intent is to talk issues while most members are still in attendance.
- ASSOCIATION MANAGER’S REPORT – Paul Clark presented an overview of the first three months of 2018 operations in the Ponderosa. The Board unanimously approved the spending of $2901.07 on construction of the Emergency Booster Pump shelter.
9:20 a.m. OPEN FLOOR
9:30 a.m. Adjourned to Executive Session
9:39 a.m. Reconvene from Executive Session
9:40 a.m. Meeting Adjourned