Ponderosa Community Club
Board Meeting Minutes
April 13, 2013 10:30a.m. – At the PCC Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Daryn Wilbur – President
- John McRoberts – Vice President
- Vern Little – M&O Director
- Stan Morgan – Treasurer
- Michele Carter – Secretary
- Mary Cox – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 8
The meeting was called to order at 10:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. - Pledge of Allegiance to the USA Flag
10:32 a.m. – Approve March’s meeting minutes and Executive Session Report & Voting as Required
Daryn ask for motion to accept the March 9 and March 19 meeting minutes - Vern moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor.
10:33 a.m. Treasurer’s Report
- Monthly Income & Expense Report: Over all-under budget year to date.
- Collecting Homeowners dues is going well.
- Collected $5,000.00 more in overall income verses last year’s at this time. $26,000.00 collected this month due to last minute people paying their due
- Legal and Liens – There is a minus $78.00 which was the homeowner fee payment for releasing a lien.M&O Water received $2,318.00 from insurance claim: Lightning hit pump last fall.
- Water Replacement Project:
- No change from last month.
- Monthly Income & Expense from Specifically Dedicated Funds:
- No change from last month.
- Past Due Summary:
- Fourteen property owners are on the 45 days or more past due report for 2013 dues.
- All have been contacted.
- Move their status to the past due summary next month. After 60 days water shut off notice will go out to those who haven’t paid.
- Past due has dropped $300.00 from last month’s
- Continue to follow-up a one person’s status may have to shut off their water.
- Daryn ask for accept to motion treasurer’s - John moved, Vern 2 nd, all in favor.
- 10:37 a.m. Old Business
- 10:37 a.m. Committee Reports
- Road Paving - Stan – Nothing to report – the next Road Committee meeting is at 10:00 a.m. May4, 2013..
- 3-year Strategic Plan –John
- John and Mary have been meeting - there has been some progress with about dealing with signing up people.
- Bill Griffin is interested again updating previous plans and assumptions.
- At the annual meeting we will have discussion on this as well.
- Buildings & Grounds – Vern
- Vern has sent a note – but hasn’t heard back.
- Mary received notice that Nick Willett, a Cascade high school senior, his family lives in the Ponderosa. He is creating a sign for his senior project. It is wooden handmade sign that says “Ponderosa Community Park”. It will be displayed near the park and clubhouse.
- Social – John
- April 6, 2013 there was a pancake breakfast and Easter egg hunt. There was a good turnout.
- Introduce Board Candidates – Jeanne Whitlow
- Running for the two positions are Doug Barga, Bill Ham and Daryn Wilbur. “Thank you!”
- 10:41 a.m. Water Project Update – Paved Road Repair Status Update - Mary
- Road repair is required to go out to bid. Bid solicitation is planned for May, if all goes as planned.So far we have two firms that are interested in bidding on this project. Daryn and Mary met with A&W paving last month. The company Central Washington and Asphalt scheduled to meet the week of April 15, 2013.
- Ponderosa Community members/Engineers have volunteered to help with the project specifications.
- Our goal is to have our specs completed by May 14, 2013.
- Camp 12 Road. We have initiated to have the county inspect the road to get sign off this spring.
- 10:54 a.m. December Storm Cleanup Report- Doug Pendleton
- Many areas have lots of slash from this winter’s storm. We were approved for a grant from DNR. The board approved already $6,000.00 towards the clean-up and DNR will match $6,000.00 towards this clean-up.
- The highest wildfire risk greenbelts will the thinned for ladder fuels and non-commercial timber by June 30, 2013.
- Ponderosa Community is now certified as a “Fire Wise Community” (Plaque in office). Home inspections of several members who have expressed interest in Fire Wise have begun: all will be completed by this summer. If you are interested you may contact Doug at Dougpen@nwi.net .
- 11:17 a.m. Community Wildfire Protection Plan Review and Approval
- Daryn ask for accept to motion to accept CWPP - John moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor.
- 11:26 a.m. New Business
- 11:27 a.m. Identify Topics for mid-month Executive Session – no midmonth Executive Session is needed at this time.
- 11:28 a.m. Finalize and Approve May Ballot
- Daryn ask for accept to motion Finalize and Approve May 2013 ballot - Vern moved, John 2 nd, all in favor.
- 11:35 a.m. Announcement: August 10, 2013 Board Meeting time has been moved 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. due to scheduling conflict with the club house.
- Vern ask for accept to motion to move board meeting from10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. through 4:30 pm - Stan moved, John 2 nd, all in favor.
- 11:38 a.m. Association Manager Report Highlights – Mary- Stan and I reviewing financial letters from the accountant for an authorized signature and the water project audit. Asking Stan to sign the letters for the audits and the financial review.
- Daryn ask for accept to motion For Stan to sign letters for the audits and financial review - John moved, Vern 2 nd, all in favor.
- 11:30 a.m. If Time Permits:
- Member’s Open Floor Questions & Comments
- Member asking where did the funds to pay of 2002 water loan. What was the source from? Capital improvements funds to pay off from last fall.
- Member asking water fund under capital improvement funds.
- Member concern how rough the roads are – cars are bottoming out. Caution sign will be put up on the reader board.
11:47 a.m. Executive Session
- Daryn ask for accept to motion to move to executive session - Vern moved, John 2 nd, all in favor.
12:23 p.m. Reconvene from Executive Session with Voting as Required
- Daryn ask for accept to motion to adjourn - John moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor.
- 12:23 p.m. ADJOURN