Ponderosa Community Club
Our Mission: The Ponderosa Community Club's mission is to create and maintain a safe and welcoming community which enhances recreational and residential living through active membership participation, visionary leadership, and commitment to sustainability and harmony with the natural environment.


Association Manager

Needler

Governing Documents

Forms

 

 

Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
April 5, 2014 10:30 a.m. – at the Clubhouse

Board Members Attending:

  • Daryn Wilbur – President
  • Vern Little – Director of Operations
  • Stan Morgan – Treasurer
  • John McRoberts – Vice President
  • Bill Ham – Secretary
  • Mary Cox – Association Manager

General Members Attending: 10

The meeting was called to order by Daryn at 10:34 a.m.

10:34 a.m. Pledge of Allegiance to the USA Flag

10:35 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Daryn asked for a motion to the previous month’s March 8 Board meeting minutes. Executive Session was scheduled for March 25, 2014 at 7 p.m. No action taken – no voting required. John moved and Stan seconded – all approved.

10:36 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – Stan

Reviewed all reports with Mary, currently year to date we are overall under budget.

Income :

  • We have collected over half of our $365,000 budget amount.

Expenses :

  • Watershed over budget from previous month – Due to initial logging start up expenses (previously reported).
  • M&O General over budget due to snow plow repairs and expenses.
  • Property Tax – Paid first half property taxes (a $50 increase over last year).

Forest Management Funds:

  • Income – Received $15,619 from first sale of logs (previously reported).
  • Expenses – Richard Schellhaas, Ponderosa Community Club Forester. Next month a quarterly 2.7% excise tax on logging income will be due.

Dedicated Funds :

  • Nothing new to report, water assessment and road paving specific assessment funds are being collected and placed in their respective accounts.

Month End Statement :

  • Nothing new to report.

Past Due Summary :

  • Identified 20 members that have not paid 2014 dues. Sending a water shut off letter to these people.
  • Mary and Chelcie continue to follow up with other previous past due.

Transaction Detail Report:

  • Reviewed report and everything looks to be in order.

Daryn asked for a motion to approve the Treasurer’s report. John moved, Bill seconded-all approved.

10:38 a.m. Old Business – Committee Reports

Three Year Strategic Plan –

  • John reported final meeting held Saturday, March 29. Bill Griffin, Committee Chair will present the plan at the next Board meeting.

Building and Grounds –

  • Vern reported that committee is addressing small “need to do list” projects and next month plan planting and clean-up projects.

Social Committee –

  • Nothing to report from committee. Daryn initiated discussion on all committees planning and budget process for committee expenses within their budget. Stan will draft a policy letter referencing miscellaneous expenses, limits, and Board member approval process for items over $100.00. Approved policy needs to be in place prior to September Board meeting, next year’s budget.

Nominating Committee –

  • Committee Chair Tom Bartlett not available but two candidates were introduced at the meeting. Doug Barga and Shannon Stithem are the candidates, and the Board expressed its thanks for their willingness to serve the community and appreciated their efforts and desires to join the Board. Official ballots will be mailed to the membership and the candidates will be approved at the annual Member’s meeting May 24, 2014. The Board also expressed their thanks to Tom Bartlett for his time and efforts as Committee Chair.

Watershed Committee –

  • Mary reported for the committee. Road weight restrictions now prevent the movement of cut logs to the mill and trucks/heavy equipment from operating to and from the logging areas. Cutting can still continue in the lower greenbelt areas. Our Forester, Richard Schellhaas has put a hold on cutting the ponderosa pines. At this time of the year the bark beetle is active and are attracted to ponderosa slash. Once the slash is removed and or conditions improve, ponderosa cutting will restart. Transporting logs from units 1 and 2 will resume in the fall. In the next couple of weeks, Doug Pendleton and other Watershed Committee members will be back in town and further updates and progress reports will be forthcoming.

Water Run-Off Plans

  • Vern reported that Mary’s research of past Ponderosa Community Club Board’s efforts on run-off issues revealed previous plans and procedures addressing this issue. Vern and Mary will work together to adopt those plans and procedures, modify as necessary to come up with a solution to short term fixes and future improvements as necessary. Bill Schmidt and the Board’s from 2003 to 2008 crafted those plans and procedures. They are a valuable resource to improve on vs. starting from scratch with a new plan. Hopefully, a draft report will be ready by next Board meeting for discussion.

11:12 a.m. New Business

  • No mid month Executive Session required or scheduled at this time.
  • May ballot finalized and reviewed by John. Membership will receive a cover letter to announce the general Member’s meeting May 24, 2014. Candidate information and statements from the two candidates, Doug Barga and Shannon Stithem running for the two vacancies on the Board and the official ballot will be included in the mailing due out on April 25 th. Members may vote by mail or deliver in person at the annual Member’s meeting by 10:00 a.m.

Daryn asked for a motion to approve the May ballot. Vern moved and Stan seconded – all approved.

Annual Member’s Meeting Agenda Items -

  • Have Doug Pendleton introduce Richard Schellhaas to present current logging progress and future timeline on completing the Forest Management Plan. Water run-off presentation. RH2 legal dispute update. PCC website update and possible password protection improvements as well as seeking member volunteers to help with website. Committee heads opportunity to present to members their reports and activities. Fire Department presentation with regards to District 4 having same chief as District 9 and clarification to members regarding outdoor burning issues. Road paving report for 2015. Strategic planning report. Ballot results and short Executive Session to finalize Board positions referencing two new member’s positions on the Board. These above items were discussed and will be finalized at the May Board meeting to the agenda for the general Member’s meeting.

Association Manager’s Report Highlights –

  • Mary reports quite busy with normal manager duties and many hours on the current logging/thinning project. Major issues with these areas were discussed;
    • Roads and Equipment – Snow plow and truck repairs, future longevity of the 30 year old equipment, trash pump repaired. Spring change-over of equipment.
    • Watershed – Settled property line dispute on greenbelt logged trees, noted fire hydrant damage by logging company and they assumed responsibility of repairs. Repaired picnic table in waterfront park. Thank you to Doug Pendleton, Tom Bartlett and Bill Whitlow, project leads on logging project.
    • Water System – Repairs to well #1, #5, and #6 dealing with electrical systems, bearings, and starter failures. Lower reservoir overflowed, operated manually until system reset. Geno attended water system operator’s conference and training leading to WDM-1 classification. Water system tests-all good reports.
    • Buildings and Grounds – Installed new furnace for swimming pool modifying existing plumbing and venting. Installed new heat pump. Repaired exterior beam on clubhouse from woodpecker damage. Replaced swing sets in playground, made a spring and summer maintenance schedule for Buildings & Grounds Committee. Spring cleaning of the clubhouse.
    • Financial Management – Completed financial records for accountant’s annual review and 2013 tax return preparation. Completed insurance review and submitted changes to our NPIP agent (nonprofit insurance program) to balance our current insurance needs. Reviewed state property tax statements against PCC owned properties list and paid current property taxes. Working ongoing issues with members not paying dues on time and sent 15 water shut of letters on accounts 45 days past due.
    • Mary answered several member questions regarding her duties as Association Manager.

11:50 a.m. Members Open Floor Questions

  • Discussion on water vault markers for locating vaults in snow cover situations. Please leave markers in place and report missing or broken markers.
  • Discussion on smoking in public areas and greenbelts. Ashtray placement in clubhouse parking lot. Main issue and concern is fire safety.

12:05 p.m. Meeting Adjourned to Executive Session

12:25 p.m. Reconvene From Executive Session

  • No voting required.

12:27 p.m. Adjourn – Daryn asked for a motion to adjourn the Board meeting. Stan moved and Vern seconded - all approved. Meeting adjourned.

 

 

 


Home
Board Minutes

Meeting Agendas

Financials

Ombudsman

Long Range Plan

Ponderosa Community Club
21100 Cayuse Leavenworth, WA 98826 secretary@ponderosacommunityclub.org
Washington State, USA

Copyright 2003 Ponderosa Community Club All rights reserved.
Back to Top