Ponderosa Community Club
Our Mission: The Ponderosa Community Club's mission is to create and maintain a safe and welcoming community which enhances recreational and residential living through active membership participation, visionary leadership, and commitment to sustainability and harmony with the natural environment.


Association Manager

Needler

Governing Documents

Forms

 

Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
March 8, 2014 10:30 a.m. – at the Clubhouse

 

Board Members Attending:

  • Daryn Wilbur – President
  • Stan Morgan – Treasurer
  • John McRoberts – Vice President
  • Bill Ham – Secretary
  • Mary Cox – Association Manager
  • Absent: Vern Little – Director of Operations

General Members Attending: 5

The meeting was called to order by Daryn at 10:35 a.m.

10:35 a.m. Pledge of Allegiance to the USA Flag

10:36 a.m. Approval of April Board Meeting Moved – Daryn asked for a motion to move the April Board meeting to the first Saturday, April 5, 2014 in order to have a quorum of members present. Stan moved and Bill seconded – all approved.

10:37 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Daryn asked for a motion to accept the previous month’s February 8 Board meeting minutes (no Executive Session was scheduled this past month). John moved and Stan seconded – all approved.

10:38 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – Stan

Association dues first half were due February 15 and to date 111 members missed deadline. Chelcie contacting these people. Will go on past due next month. Possible reasons; sent out bills early and people forgot.

Income :

  • We are behind in collection of dues as compared to last year $14,925 difference (ref above note).

Expenses :

  • Watershed over budget. Reason-initial start up expenses for logging.
  • M&O over budget. Repairs to Well #3.

Water Main Replacement Project :

  • No change.
  • Will not issue a report on monthly basis now unless changes occur.

Forest Management Funds:

  • New item for reporting income and expenses from the new commercial logging project.
  • Account balance and expenses will be itemized in the transaction detail report on future Treasurer’s reports.

Dedicated Funds :

  • Put 5% reserve funds into capital improvement and paving funds.
  • Paving assessment $240/lot into the special account.

Month End Statement :

  • Opened a second CD at 2%.
  • $111,000 for the water fund is now in these two cd’s.

Past Due Summary :

  • Ten people on current past due report.
  • All on track for payment except one.

Transaction Detail Report:

  • Reviewed report and everything looks to be in order.

Daryn asked for a motion to approve the Treasurer’s report. John moved, Bill seconded-all approved.

10:46 a.m. Old Business – Committee Reports

Three Year Strategic Plan –

  • John reported that the final meeting is now scheduled for March 29 th.

Building and Grounds –

  • Nothing to report.

Social Committee –

  • Social Committee reports that their supplies in the kitchen area of the clubhouse (purchased with their budget funds) have been used by other parties even from locked cabinets.
  • A lengthy discussion followed that addressed several issues with regards to clubhouse usage by members, guests and rental policies of community facilities.
  • Specific items covered; committee budgets and purchase policies, clubhouse use by members, clubs, groups, storage of equipment and supplies, social committee’s supplies and Ponderosa clubhouse cleaning equipment, responsibilities of all members when using community facilities, and discussion of non profit/profit use of clubhouse.
  • Daryn asked John to draft a letter of understanding to clarify the clubhouse usage issues to enhance the overall benefit and enjoyment that all members have available. All parties and interests will be treated equally and fairly. Stan offered to address any budget consideration and issues.

Nominating Committee – Tom Bartlett

  • Tom reported that two members have volunteered to date and one additional candidate is pending a confirmation call.
  • Over 22 members were contacted about serving and three have expressed interest.
  • Two new Board members will be elected at the May general membership meeting to replace Stan Morgan and Vern Little.
  • Thanks to Stan and Vern for their efforts and service for the benefit of all PCC members.

Watershed Committee – Tom Bartlett

  • Elite Logging working Section 1 and 2. Had serious equipment breakdown and equipment/logging has been on hold pending repairs. Possible restart (weather and roads permitting) next week.
  • Bartholomew Logging working greenbelts in lower Ponderosa. Unit 6 partial complete and Unit 9 (behind Saddle) currently being logged. Future schedule is to complete Unit 6, then Unit 5 all in the next three weeks.
  • Downed trees in the logging areas are not fire wood. For safety concerns please stay out of logging/brush clean up areas until complete.
  • Contact Doug Pendleton or Tom Bartlett if you want any possible cutting/thinning on private property, after completion of Ponderosa’s logging is complete. Schedule now if interested.
  • Received first installment of log revenue from sale at mill of $13,388. Proceeds and matching funds from State DNR will cover clean up of logged areas.
  • Special thanks to Doug Pendleton and Tom Bartlett working on a daily basis with logging concerns. Thank you also to Bill Whitlow for his report on “PCC Trail History”.

11:40 a.m. Water Runoff Policy

  • Jesse Perrault has volunteered to help with this issue. Pending snow melt, no work action is possible at this time, but future planning is underway.

11:41 a.m. New Business

Mid Month Executive Session -

  • A mid month Executive Session is scheduled for Tuesday, March 25 at 7:00 p.m.
  • Discussion will be on RH2 lawsuit issues.

Association Manager’s Report Highlights –

  • PCC website needs to be updated.
  • Daryn will ask for Ponderosa members to volunteer for an ad hoc committee to identify areas of website that need updating and offer suggestions and changes.
  • Committee heads should check their respective areas of website and make updates as needed.
  • Well #1 back in operation. Bearing in the pump needed to be replaced. Thanks to Ken Severance for finding this bearing failure before further damage to the pump occurred.

11:55 a.m. Members Open Floor Questions and Comments

  • Pine Needler will be coming out this next week. Look for a best ever issue.
  • The Board wishes to express our thanks and appreciation to the Pine Needler staff: Thomas Clauson, Maureen Mitchell, and Damaris Bartlett. Well done.
  • Board and members present identified what a valuable resource the clubhouse is to the membership. The stewardship of this asset will enhance the opportunities for all members to enjoy and benefit.

12:05 p.m. Meeting Adjourned to Executive Session

1:15 p.m. Reconvene From Executive Session

  • No voting required.

1:16 p.m. Adjourn – Daryn proposed to adjourn the meeting. Stan seconded – all approved. Meeting adjourned.

 

 

 


Home
Board Minutes

Meeting Agendas

Financials

Ombudsman

Long Range Plan

Ponderosa Community Club
21100 Cayuse Leavenworth, WA 98826 secretary@ponderosacommunityclub.org
Washington State, USA

Copyright 2003 Ponderosa Community Club All rights reserved.
Back to Top