Ponderosa Community Club
Special Board Meeting Minutes
March 19, 2013 7:00 p.m. – Via Phone
Board Members Attending:
- Daryn Wilbur – President
- John McRoberts – Vice President (Absent)
- Vern Little – M&O Director
- Stan Morgan – Treasurer
- Michele Carter – Secretary
- Mary Cox – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 1
The meeting was called to order at 7:10 p.m.
7:10 p.m. – To Amend Extend RH2 Construction on the Water Project
- Daryn asked for a motion to amend October 13, 2012 board meeting minutes to include extending RH2 construction management and inspection on the water project (this motion was inadvertently omitted from the original minutes) - Vern moved, Michele 2 nd, all in favor.
7:12 p.m. - Repair of Paved Roads
Rough estimate for an engineer to look at is approximately $16,000.00 for 100 hours of planning. We would like to do some of the planning ourselves.
- Member, Greg Selstead, has experience in this type of work. Mary will contact him and Jesse Perrault to figure out a Specs, Vicinity Map of what roads are needing chip seal and what all involves
7:22 p.m. - Storm Cleanup and Greenbelt Thinning
- Mary presented Altel’s (Martin Stoller) updated estimate for thinning as well as red slash storm cleanup.
- Mary spoke with Doug Pendleton prior to the meeting and spoke on his behalf, as he was unable to attend.
- Doug reported the DNR cost-sharing permit has been approved. We should receive the documentation by end of this week. Our understanding cost share is 50/50.
- As soon as we have the permit, Altel’s can begin work.
- Doug noted there was not enough funding to thin all sections at this time. He suggested thinning sections #6 and #11 because they have not had much, if any, thinning in the past, and they have a high density of structures.
- Daryn ask for accept motion to approve the $14,770 proposed by Doug to remove the red slash, and to thin sections #6 & #11, contingent on 50/50 cost-sharing split specified in the documents from DNR. PCC will fund $6000 from the M&O General Budget and $1385 from Watershed, for a total of $7385 from PCC.Vern moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor.
- Sales tax is included in the estimates.
7:35 p.m. - Discussion of hiring a CPA for a few hours to review our 2011 water loan funds and payoff options.
- The purpose of the review is to maximize PCC interest earned and minimize costs.
- Over the life of the loan, PCC will pay approximately $4.2 million to the State of WA for loan repayment & interest.
- Daryn ask for accept motion to hire a CPA for to review water fund loan and payoff options for no more than 4 hours/$400. – Vern moved, Stann2nd, All Approved.
7:47 p.m. - ADJOURN
- Daryn ask for accept to motion adjourn - Vern moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor.