Ponderosa Community Club
Our Mission: The Ponderosa Community Club's mission is to create and maintain a safe and welcoming community which enhances recreational and residential living through active membership participation, visionary leadership, and commitment to sustainability and harmony with the natural environment.


Association Manager

Needler

Governing Documents

Forms

 

Ponderosa Community Club
Board Meeting Minutes
March 9, 2013 10:30a.m. – At the PCC Clubhouse

Board Members Attending:

  • Daryn Wilbur – President
  • John McRoberts – Vice President
  • Vern Little – M&O Director (Absent)
  • Stan Morgan – Treasurer
  • Michele Carter – Secretary
  • Mary Cox – Association Manager

General Members Attending: 1

The meeting was called to order at 10:32 a.m.

10:35 a.m. - Pledge of Allegiance to the USA Flag

10:35 a.m. – Approve February’s meeting minutes

Daryn ask for accept to motion previous month meeting minutes - John moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor.

Executive Session Report & Voting as Required – no executive session

10:35 a.m. Treasurer’s Report

  • Income on track verses last year
  • Expenses –Over budget
    • Stamps, Needler (publication)
    • M & O general – fuel
  • Next time property taxes – increase $259.00 from last year – Now $2,453.00. We are budgeted for $2,500.00. Over all property value increased by 5%
  • Water main expenses report–

Daryn ask for accept to motion to increase the budget for Easements (Legal & Recording Fees) by $26,000.00 (to $40,000), and to increase the Paving Repair budget by $61,000 (to $131,000), decreasing the Contingency budget respectively., John moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor.

  • Dedicated Funds–
    • Paid off 2002 water loan
    • Established paving gravel roads reserve fund at Cashmere Valley Bank – 5% capital
  • Accounts Receivable Status – Past Dues
    • Everyone up to date on dues exception of four properties – total past due increased by $5,325.00
    • Fifty-eight properties missed the February 15 th due date for ½ 2013 dues (contacted them via phone or email – many said “check in the mail”)
  • Acceptance of the Treasurer’s Report

Daryn ask for accept to motion to accept treasurer’s report - John moved, Michele 2 nd, all in favor.

11:00 a.m. Old Business

  • 11:00 a.m. Committee Reports - John
    • Road Paving – still looking for grants/public loans
    • 3-year Strategic Plan – Idea to promote to find more members
    • Buildings & Grounds – none to report – Vern absent
    • Watershed – Mary/John – Doug sent a memo to John that new ideas and commitments from DNR to cleanup green belts from the holiday storm. Doug wants us to approve $12,000.00 for cleanup but DNR will refund us back ½ that amount once cleanup is completed. Board is looking into private companies to bid on this.
    • Social – none to report - Vern absent
    • Nominating – Three people have stepped up to run. Need theirs and anyone else’s statements by the end of March 2013. Would like for the volunteers who are running to show up at the April’s meeting to meet and greet.
  • 11:20 a.m. Water Project Update – Mary–
    • Met with Integritech Engineering, Bill and Aaron Schmidt, on March 8, 2013
      • They will prepare a cost estimate for preparing bid specifications and managing the process through contract award.
      • They recommend having a construction inspector (them or someone else), and will provide a separate cost estimate.
      • They are also preparing a timeline, but it appears the contract spec could be ready for the May 11 Board Meeting (not April meeting.)
  • Confirmed with the Board that errors & omissions insurance is not a requirement for the engineering firm.
  • Drainage – there are 3-4 areas along our paved roads which have drainage issues. Handling drainage is needed to extend the life of the roads. Solutions should be implemented prior to paving. Members are responsible for handling drainage issues on their own property, e.g. if your property is at the bottom of a hill, there may be drainage issues.
    • The drainage areas are in low spots, and cannot be easily connected to existing bar ditches.
    • We had RH2 review the worst area last year, and we don’t think we need any additional engineering.
    • They don’t recommend dry wells (high cost with only 3-4 year life span because they fill up with sand and dirt.)
    • Proposal is to implement swales in the PCC right-of-way. This would be new for PCC.
    • How do we communicate this change? Focus on communicating to the members who will be affected and/or discuss at the April Board Meeting?
  • Discuss possibility of implementing road restrictions beginning in 2014.
    • Kahler Glen is prohibiting trucks over 10,000 lbs, which is new for them.

Some communities require a refundable “road deposit” from any member doing a construction project. By March 31, 2013

    • Clean roads, so remaining chip seal is visible, and road conditions can be evaluated – Ken & Geno
    • Finish storm cleanup along roads – Ken & Geno
    • Evaluate extent of bar ditch cleaning/repair
  • April 13, 2013 Board Meeting
    • Drainage solutions discussion and decisions.
    • Review status of bid specifications
  • By end of April 2013 – Ken & Geno implement drainage solutions

May 11, 2013 Board Meeting

  • Board reviews and approves bid/contract specifications

11:50 a.m. New Business

    • 11:50 a.m. Identify Topics for mid-month Executive Session – not needed
    • Special meeting (members welcome) – By conference call Tuesday March 19, 2013, 7:00 pm
  • 11:57 a.m. Association Manager Report Highlights – Mary
    • The Yukon transmission went bad but was able to repair for about $150.00
    • Process of preparing financial review and audit– the finance Greg Brault does.

12:00 p.m. If Time Permits:

  • Member’s Open Floor Questions & Comments

Terry Drexler – concern about more items being stolen. Please contact the local sheriff office is you see and suspicious activity.

12:05 p.m. Executive Session

Daryn ask for accept to motion to convene to executive session - John moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor.

12:35 p.m. Reconvene from Executive Session with Voting as Required

Daryn ask for accept to motion adjourn - John moved, Stan 2 nd, all in favor.

12:36 p.m. ADJOURN

 

 

 


Home
Board Minutes

Meeting Agendas

Financials

Ombudsman

Long Range Plan

Ponderosa Community Club
21100 Cayuse Leavenworth, WA 98826 secretary@ponderosacommunityclub.org
Washington State, USA

Copyright 2003 Ponderosa Community Club All rights reserved.
Back to Top