Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
February 8, 2014 10:30 a.m. – at the Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Daryn Wilbur – President
- Stan Morgan – Treasurer
- John McRoberts – Vice President
- Vern Little – Director of Operations
- Bill Ham – Secretary
- Mary Cox – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 4
The meeting was called to order by Daryn at 10:35 a.m.
10:35 a.m. Pledge of Allegiance to the USA Flag
10:36 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – Daryn asked for a motion to accept the previous month’s December 14, 2013 Board meeting minutes. (No Executive Session was scheduled this past two months.) Stan moved and John seconded – all approved.
10:37 a.m. Treasurer’s Report - Stan
2013 end of year overall very good report. Over budget on income by $4,500 and under budget expenses by $3,000.
- Ending January 2014 – Tracking good on receiving 2014 dues. Currently $15,000 ahead of last year at this time however, most of that amount was interest and payments from past due accounts.
- Tracking under budget. Call out expenses for reimbursement of cancelled clubhouse rentals $125, and $325 for legal fees for foreclosure proceedings.
Water Main Replacement Project :
- Paid $400 expert witness expenses for legal fees for RH2 dispute.
Dedicated Funds :
- Budgeting road paving assessment $240 x #lots (-2.5% for non-payments) received $29,000 year to date of $136,000 budget.
Month End Cash :
- Opened a 30 month CD with a 2% annual interest rate for $66,900 water fund account. Will open another when first half dues are complete.
Past Due Summary :
- Only four members and $1,253 remain past due and are on plan for repayment.
Daryn asked for a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report. John moved, Vern seconded – all approved.
10:46 a.m. Old Business –
Three Year Strategic Plan –
- John reports attempting to schedule final meeting late February early March.
Buildings and Grounds –
- Vern reports finished projects of Ponderosa Community Club sign and totem on clubhouse complete. Recent purchase of storage lockers and vacuum cleaner. Budget for 2014 is $3,000 and meeting will be scheduled to prioritize expenses.
Social Committee –
- John reports nothing to report.
Watershed Committee –
- Doug Pendleton reported on the process of forest logging, thinning and treatments of the Ponderosa’s forest management plan.
- Currently two logging companies, Elite Logging working in sections 1 and 2 at the entrance of Ponderosa along Camp 12, and Bartholomew Logging in the lower greenbelt areas.
- Doug stressed primary objectives of forest management plan is; primary fire safety, promote a healthy forest, benefits to native plants/trees and wildlife, and enhanced recreation to members.
- Financial objective is a no cost budget to the Ponderosa. We will receive 40% of the sale of commercial grade timber direct from the mill. This income plus any State DNR cost share program to pay for cleanup, slash burns, chipping of limbs and small brush to return nutrients to the forest floor.
- Logging will take several months, weather and conditions permitting. Then the cleanup plan will follow.
- Doug stressed the danger associated with these logging operations. It is important to stay clear and keep out of the logging areas and to be mindful of heavy equipment and trucks on our roadways.
- Logging only on Ponderosa greenbelts and forest areas. Contact Doug Pendleton reference private land thinning or other questions.
- The Board wishes to publicly thank Doug for his efforts on behalf of the entire community. His volunteer time is equivalent to a full time job, above and beyond what asked to do, but willing and able to serve our community. Sincere thanks to Doug and the entire Watershed committee for all their efforts.
- Doug also addressed a member’s concern of specific trees cut in unit 6 greenbelt.
11:21 Storm Drainage Committee
- After much discussion from the Board, Association Manager, and several members present covering water runoff issues, current work, projected areas, and future considerations, Daryn asked Vern, Mary and Maintenance & Operations staff to formulate a proposed policy to present to the Board their recommendations for addressing this issue. Existing areas are a work in progress but current road conditions and snow levels will limit efforts to later this spring. Further discussions at next Board meeting.
11:40 a.m. New Business
- Mid month Executive Session not scheduled.
- Tom Bartlett appointed ad hoc nomination committee chair. March 31 deadline for nominations for two vacant Board seats. Voting on nominations at the All Member’s meeting, Saturday May 24 th at 10:00 a.m.
Association Manager’s Report Highlights –
- Stan attended the Chiwawa Irrigation District meeting. Ponderosa has two acres easement on the irrigation ditch.
- Mary needs approval to complete the annual report with the Secretary of State. Daryn asked for a motion to approve Mary to file this required report and fee. Stan moved Vern seconded – all approved
- Mary reported dues are coming in and read a personal thank you to the Board, staff, and volunteers from one of the members.
11:50 a.m. Members Open Floor
- No member question/comments presented.
11:50 a.m. Adjourn to Executive Session
12:05 p.m. Reconvene From Executive Session
- Daryn asked for a motion to authorize our attorney, Nicole, to proceed with filing a lawsuit against RH2. Vern moved, Stand seconded – all approved, motion carries.
12:06 p.m. Adjourn – John proposed to adjourn the meeting. Bill seconded – all approved. Meeting adjourned.