Ponderosa Community Club
Our Mission: The Ponderosa Community Club's mission is to create and maintain a safe and welcoming community which enhances recreational and residential living through active membership participation, visionary leadership, and commitment to sustainability and harmony with the natural environment.


Association Manager

Needler

Governing Documents

Forms

 

Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
February 12, 2011 10:30 a.m. – at the Clubhouse

Board Members Attending:

  • Ann Ashford – President – via Phone Conference
  • Daryn Wilbur – Vice President
  • Jeanne Whitlow – Operations Director
  • Steve Geho – Treasurer – via Phone Conference
  • Claudia Kuniholm – Secretary – via Phone Conference
  • Mary Cox – Association Manager

The meeting was called to order at 10:30. 

10:35 a.m.     Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – The minutes of the December meeting were approved as written – all approved.  Moved and seconded – Jeanne, Ann

New Business:
Introduction of the New Fire Chief – Dick Lamar lives just outside the Ponderosa on Hazel Street.  Dick has over 30 years of fire fighter experience.  Burn permits will be issued by Marlene; land clearing permits need to be handled separately.  If inappropriate burning appears to be happening then it is ok to contact Dick and let him know.  The second Saturday of every month is when burn permits will be available through the fire department.  Decommissioning of Camp 12 Rd was discussed.  Dick hopes that signs will be issued through the county road shop alerting travelers that road is closed.  The plan for the burn pile is still on.  Dick is working out details with the Dept of Ecology.  Discussion was had about the fire department considering updating the phone books as a fund raiser.
                       
Executive Session Report & Voting as Required
Report included review of actions taken.  Letters were sent to home owners with encroachment issues.  Discussion of lien of one property if owner did not keep payment plan was held.  Mary was authorized to contact our legal counsel in regards to one situation in the Ponderosa.  A brief discussion of fines was held and the need for owners to remove garbage from the road sides.

10:45 a.m.     TREASURER REPORT
In relation to the budget we are on track with expenses:
8.33% of year has passed
CD Status:  CD’s have been rolled over.
A/R status update: Last lien filed in November.  About $19k in outstanding balances. 
6% of budget year to date has been spent
0% of legal budget spent on liens, etc.
0% of insurance budget has been spent – this is an annual fee
8% of salary budget has been spent
M&O Maintenance Reserve Account Balance - $33,512.19.
Water Fund Account Balance - $372,917.70
Capital Improvement Account Balance - $218,238.70

Liens & Foreclosures Status
Status of final numbers for 2010 – December 2010 financial statements do reflect the final numbers.  Worked very hard with Mary to hold expenses as best as possible
Revenue:  $417k actual, $394 budgeted
Expenses:  $339k actual  $358 budgeted
None of the budget line items exceeded the budget except where it was pre approved by the board and funds were taken from the M&O reserve fund
$89k M& O Balance at year end
Water project – under budget
Safety project - on budget
Kitchen cabinets – just under budget

Moved to accept treasurer’s report –, Steve second by Jeanne, all approved

11:15 a.m.     OLD BUSINESS

  • Title Research Project Status – 6 homeowners have not signed, 2 will not sign until they sell their property, 2 not sure why they will not sign, the balance are new owners that will sign.  It was suggested that in the next budget period, the budget be based on perhaps 580 lots since there are always those that are late in paying or can’t pay
  • PCC Water Distribution Project funding updates – Mary and Jeanne are in the process of reapplying – more funds are available this year.
  • Bylaws committee update – first formal meeting was held last weekend.  6 people attended the meeting.  The meeting went very well.  Committee is working very well together.  Meetings will be scheduled every couple of weeks.  The goal is to complete the initial part of the project by the end of the first quarter.  The next meeting is scheduled for February 26 at 10:00am in the main office.
  • List of potential fines for members – Jeanne sent out information to all board members.  Fires, dogs, loud noises after 11pm, speeding were top concerns outlined by the membership.  Daryn suggested that we separate the fines into three categories: safety related, nuisance related and property damage related.  Safety fines should be more severe.  Claudia concurred that safety issues should be fined at the first offense.  Property damage should be considered on a case by case basis.  In favor of escalated fine schedule.  Steve suggested basing the fines on the risk – high risk = high fine.  For fires we should call the fire department first if we see an illegal fire.  Then the Ponderosa should follow-up with appropriate fine.  Jeanne asked that each member categorize the list that she sent and return it to her within the next 3 weeks.  Mary asked about enforcement concerns.  Mary feels that her staff can enforce some of the fines – for instance fires, but doesn’t feel like she can enforce fines for some issues – like dogs or speeding.  Mary feels that educating the homeowners/members as much as possible.  Some issues need to be referred directly to the sheriff’s department – the dog issue is one of those issues.  Members need to call the sheriff’s department themselves.  There is a complaint form that is available in the office for concerns currently.    The citation would be issued against the property that is involved, not necessarily the current user – i.e. – guests, friends, renters, etc.  Deadline for responses from the board to Jeanne is March 4.
  • Mary Bunney suggested that we work with the new fire chief in establishing fines that revolve around fires.

11:05am        NEW BUSINESS GENERAL

  • No advertisement of Ponderosa amenities are allowed per the results of the ballot.  Jeanne moved/Daryn seconded.  All approved, motion passes.
  • Doug Pendleton and Jennifer Goodridge – Doug thanked everyone for the opportunity to present the initial report.
  • Ponderosa Community Riparian Vegetation Assessment – Jennifer and her colleagues have worked to prepare baseline report.  A copy is available through the watershed committee, online or in the office. Jennifer and Doug worked on grant together for the work that needs to be done on the waterfront.  Jennifer is here to help us understand some things that we can do to improve our waterfront area.  She is also here to work with us in providing educational opportunities.  The report outlines the current vegetation along the river’s edge.  Since there are 3 species of fish on the endangered species list, the improvements will be covered for a grant.  Next step is to work with the homeowners that are involved to educate them and then work with them on replanting appropriately. Chinook, Bull Trout and Steelhead are 3 of the fish that are present in the river.  Different parts of the river have different issues than other parts depending on where we are in comparison to the watershed.  The project is broken down into 5 different sections based on how the water is flowing, how the sediment is formed and on land use.  The report is broken down by priority as well.  Reviewed possible timeline.  Doug confirmed that is up to the board and members to educate ourselves about these areas and concerns.  Discussed concerns about access points and the erosion of those areas.  Jennifer thinks that it might be wise to wait a bit on these concerns.  Daryn suggested that if grant funds were not available then perhaps the board should look at providing some funds to fix these areas as they are not included in the grant that we were able to get.  Jennifer suggests that we keep on track with completing tasks on timeline to make deadlines related to grant.  Mary suggested that she and Doug get together sometime in the next month to review options in regards to access points.  Per Doug we need to finalize plans and get final report, then the Watershed Committee can begin work with Jennifer and establish detailed action plan.  Jennifer did want everyone know that lot outlines in report are not precise, but rather are a reference point. Jennifer addressed a few specific member questions/concerns.
  • Many thanks to Jennifer Goodridge for coming out on a Saturday to discuss this project with us and for the Watershed Committee for all the work to date and the plans that have been put together for us to consider.

May Ballot timeline – Mary states that we have the ballots in the members hands 30 days prior to the annual meeting.  Mary would like to suggest a deadline of April 20.  Daryn will work with Mary to get this done.  Mary will communicate to this the Nominating Committee.  All approved that the deadline for April 20.

Pool Rules – postponed to March meeting.

Daryn moved that we direct Mary to purchase a national and state flag and stand for meetings.  We will be begin saluting the flag at future meetings.  Flags will be placed on both sides of the fireplace.  Daryn moved, Claudia seconded, motion passes.

Identify Topics for mid-month Executive Session – Real estate issues are on-going.  Meeting scheduled for February 23, Mary will let us know closer to the date if we need to have a meeting or not.

 11:55 a.m.          OPERATIONS

  • Association Managers Report Highlights –
    • Update Chelan County Lot – we have someone interested in buying it and is working with Chelan County Treasurer to purchase lot.
    • Payment Plans for Dues – by-laws allow for equal monthly payments.  Once dues are 60 days past due, the by-laws state that the members are not in good standing.  The practice that Mary has been following:  as long as member is current with payment plan the member would still be allowed to use the pool, have water, etc.  However, the member would not be allowed to vote or rent the clubhouse.  For now this practice will continue.

 12:05 p.m.     If Time Permits:

  • Member’s Open Floor Questions & Comments

12:05 pm       ADJOURN               

 

 

 


Home
Board Minutes

Meeting Agendas

Financials

Ombudsman

Long Range Plan

Ponderosa Community Club
21100 Cayuse Leavenworth, WA 98826 secretary@ponderosacommunityclub.org
Washington State, USA

Copyright 2003 Ponderosa Community Club All rights reserved.
Back to Top