Ponderosa Community Club
Our Mission: The Ponderosa Community Club's mission is to create and maintain a safe and welcoming community which enhances recreational and residential living through active membership participation, visionary leadership, and commitment to sustainability and harmony with the natural environment.


Association Manager

Needler

Governing Documents

Forms

 

Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
February 11, 2012 10:30 a.m. – at the Clubhouse

Board Members Attending:

  • Jeanne Whitlow – President
  • Vern Little – Vice President
  • Daryn Wilbur – Operations Director
  • Stan Morgan – Treasurer
  • Claudia Kuniholm – Secretary
  • Mary Cox – Association Manager

General Members Attending: Members – 7, plus 2 guests from Shellhaas Forestry

The meeting was called to order at 10:35.

10:36 a.m. Salute the Flags

10:36 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – The minutes of the December and January Board meeting were approved as written – all approved. Moved and seconded – Vern, Daryn, approved.

Executive Session Report & Voting as Required

No Executive Sessions items required a vote.

10:37 a.m. TREASURER’S REPORT

In relation to the budget we are on track with expenses:

8% of year has passed. YTD expenses are at 6%.

Special Notice to the Following :

A/r status update: Homeowners Dues – Thru the end of January $55,260 in Homeowners Dues were collected. First ½ of dues need to be paid by Feb 15.

Fiscal Year 2011 ended up under budget by a couple of thousand dollars!

We have two Bank of America savings accounts – two are savings accounts and one is checking account. Minimum balance requirement is $2500, so Daryn made a motion that we close one of the savings accounts, the regular savings account, which has a very low interest rate. Jeanne seconded – all approved.

Cashmere Valley Bank occasionally goes over the FDIC limit, so Stan is looking at options and is suggesting that we transfer part of the balance to ING in October. Additional discussions will be held nearer to the time that this needs to occur.

Most homeowners are on track with payment plans.

 Monthly Summary :

M&O Maintenance Account Balance - $122,575.15

M&O Reserve Account Balance - $34,154.47

Water Fund Account Balance - $203,117.32, with an outstanding loan balance of $244,528.92, during the month of January $47,942.05 was spent on the Water Mains Project.

Capital Improvement Account Balance - $180,930.40.

Daryn moved/Vern seconded to approve Treasurer’s Report – All approved

10:45 a.m. Presentation by Richard Schellhaas and Anne Conway -

Power Point Presentation of Forest Stewardship Plan

Doug discussed the 5 projects that the Watershed Committee is planning this next year. He suggested that folks take a few minutes to read the Needler article for more detail. The greatest danger that this community faces is the potential of a wild fire. Shellhaas has confirmed and reports have been submitted to the state DNR. This is a cost sharing project and of the $2500 we have spent, we have received $1000 back.

Richard reviewed the plan that he has put together. The forests in the Ponderosa are not natural, but because of lack of fires since 1910 there has not been a fire in this region. The four reasons that we would want to manage our forests are forest health, fire safety, wildlife, and enjoyment.

When a forest is stressed due to overcrowding for instance, this increases the insects that cause disease and damage to the forest. To make the area more fire safe, serious thinning and clean up needs to occur. Thinning also allows for a healthier habitat for wildlife, birds, and plant life. From a human standpoint a healthy forest is much more enjoyable. No logging will be done at a loss to the Ponderosa as far as costs go. The exact cost is not known yet based on the volatility of the industry. Education will be key in helping homeowners understand that need for this project. The Watershed Committee will work with the Board to accomplish this. Consensus is that another meeting will be held where the members will be invited to attend. This meeting will go into detail about the benefits, concerns, etc. about the proposed plan.

11:46 a.m. OLD BUSINESS

 Identify Items for Mid-Month Executive Session Water project, real estate, insurance or legal issues that might arise. February 29, at 7:30pm.

Water Project Update – Schedule: Subject to changes if the Cultural Review or SEPA are delayed.

Award contract on April 14 with start of project in May.

February - Approve process for choosing engineers. Advertisement for bids for the project will be approved.

March – approve complete construction bid package and project specs. Contracts and franchise agreements with the county should be available for review and approval. A process needs to be in place for choice of engineering firms. Mary will be sure that we meet the needs of the advertisement and will then place the advertisement for the project. Vern will check with some experts that he knows to see if there is anything that we should know.

April 14 – announce the firm that was chosen for the water project. Bids will be opened on April 5 at the clubhouse. RH2 will recommend who we should choose for the construction portion of the project.

SEPA – received a determination of non-significance. Chelan County planner can now add conditions. This should occur around mid-March.

Cultural Review – March 12 is the date that all comments must be received. On March 12 we need to publish an announcement in the local papers for a 30 day public comment period. Around April 14 we will know if a special board meeting is required.

Notice to Proceed – if we receive this by May 4, then RH2 is scoping out 4 months to complete the project.

May Board meeting - Invite the construction management firm, construction inspector, and the firm that is awarded the contract to answer any questions from homeowners.

A group will be reviewing the plans and contract.

Detailed information will be available in the office and on the web for those that are interested in reviewing the documents. Schedules will also be posted both in the office and on the web.

Mary and Vern will look for members with expertise in this area of the water project to provide additional input.

Mary outlined the process and sent this to all the board members. Daryn moved that we approve the process that was outlined by Mary that was referred to as the process for “Procurring Engineering Services for Construction Management and Construction Inspection”. Daryn moved/Stan seconded all approved.

RH2 provided an outline for Advertisement for Bids. The board decided to have RH2 distribute the plans. Board agreed with verbiage relating to Bid Proposal Deposit.

Performance and Payment Bond was accepted with the exception of the timing of the warranties. Mary will check to see if this can be extended. Further items were discussed and Mary will check back with RH2 to confirm the balance of the document.

Backhoe – Daryn has been looking for a backhoeand one has been found for $42k in AZ. Henry looked at it and said it is in excellent condition. It is a 2003 unit. Our machine is worth about $13k wholesale in the condition that it is currently in. Any funds received will be put toward the purchase.

 Corrections to By-Laws & Operating Procedures – Mary proposed that we fix the typo that was found and to match the language in the by-laws and operating procedures. Claudia/Daryn. All approved.

Renting the Clubhouse to Long-Term TenantsThe board reviewed the existing language and following discussion determined that no changes would be made at this time to the rental agreement.

12:59 p.m. NEW BUSINESS

 Process for 3 Year Strategic Plan – Tabled for this month but it will be on the agenda for next month with a reserved time of 30 minutes.

Committee Reports – These will be added back to the monthly board meetings. The committee chairs will be notified that the board would like monthly reports.

September Board Meeting – Change to the weekend of September 1 immediately preceding the Labor Day BBQ. Daryn moved/Claudia. All approved. Meeting time will be 9am – 10:30am.

Member’s Open Floor Questions & Comments – No comments or questions were raised this month.

 1:08 p.m. ADJOURN – Moved to adjourn to Executive Session. Claudia/Daryn. All approved.

1:36 p.m.RECONVENED – Discussion was held about our insurance. It was decided that we would change brokers. It was decided to delay a water shut off that was scheduled until March 1, when the situation would be reviewed again.

Motion to adjourn, Daryn/Stan. Meeting adjourned.

 

 

 


Home
Board Minutes

Meeting Agendas

Financials

Ombudsman

Long Range Plan

Ponderosa Community Club
21100 Cayuse Leavenworth, WA 98826 secretary@ponderosacommunityclub.org
Washington State, USA

Copyright 2003 Ponderosa Community Club All rights reserved.
Back to Top