Ponderosa Community Club
Board Meeting Minutes
February 9, 2013 10:30a.m. – At the Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Daryn Wilbur – President (On audio)
- John McRoberts – Vice President
- Vern Little – M&O Director
- Stan Morgan – Treasurer (On Audio)
- Michele Carter – Secretary (Absent)
- Mary Cox – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 10
10:31 a.m. - Pledge of Allegiance to the USA Flag
10:32 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – not enough board members present to approve. Hold off until next meeting February 16, 2013.
10:35 a.m. Treasurer’s Report -Stan
- Accounts Receivable Status – 2012 report income $2,900.00 over budget
- Accounts Payable Status - Expensive side $15,200.00 under budget
- January 2013 collect $65,000.00 – more people are paying their full year dues instead of half now and half later in the year.
- Office/Board expenses were over budget due to stamp and envelope cost during the month. Total expenses were under budget
- Capital improvements funds a correction for December 2012 5% going into the capital improvements reserve and another 5% going into the road improvements reserve. Reflect $16,377.00 capital improvements reserve.
- Liens & Foreclosures Status –past due members are on a payment plan expect for two members. Those two members are past due $1,986.00. Past due total is $13,866.00.
- Acceptance of the Treasurer’s Report – members accepts the treasurer’s report.
10:39 a.m. Old Business
- Committee Reports
- Needler – Deadline for the articles was the February 14, 2013
- Road Paving Committee – meeting at 1pm February 9, 2013
- Buildings & Grounds – Vern, nothing to report but the cleanup for the building and grounds. Dog waste bags will be provided on two sides of the park.
- Watershed – Doug, fire risk management – currently removing red slash from public and private property from the holiday storm. (Red slash means pine needles and branches). Long term logging project still going on. Trail cleanup is also going on as well.
- Social – John, One of the dishes is missing but has been replaced. Some of the bigger items are moved to the office.
- Nominating – Jeannie, So far three candidates (members) would like to run for the two opens on the board coming up in May 2013. Jeannie would like for the candidates to come to the April meeting to introduce them to the other members.
10:51 a.m. New Business
Fire Department Update – CCFD #4 Chief Mick Lamar
- Water distribution system – the upgrade on your homeowners fire insurance – find out the flow test and on the hydrants will be improved with our new water system
- We a currently rated at 8 for homeowners fire insurance – if we can get it to go down to a 7 this not necessary will improve on your current fire insurance but will open the door for more insurance companies to come in with lower rates.
- We’ve had discussions with PCC staff and members regarding cleaning up from the winter storm – this is removing the trees and branches which fell during the holiday storm. The first part is the needle burn pile. Not going to happen this year. You can burn your own debris following The Department of Ecology rules. Second the fire department needed to man the community burn pile 24/7 and it took three to four days for this pile to burn completed out. The fire department did not have the man power to do this.
- Department of Ecology stepped up to the community burning pile issue and said this must stop due to the pollutants and air quality. Also when burning in your own yard you cannot be a nuisance to your neighbor. Your neighbor has the right to ask you to distinguish your fire or call The Department of Ecology if your fire is too smoky/annoying to them.
- Follow Department of Ecology burning rules!
- You can take your natural debris to the Dickinson pit at the end of Lake Wenatchee but that might be limited this year due to the holiday storm.
- No fire permits will be given by the PCC fire department due to when the district starting giving out fire permits in 60’s and 70’s back then we were allowed to burn in burn barrels and the water system wasn’t as enhanced back then. The outside fire department agencies didn’t seem to interest enforcing the rules within the Ponderosa. So the local PCC fire department took over on enforcing fire rules within the Ponderosa. Present more and more outside fire agencies wanted more control of fire permitting over the years so they now have taken over. So our PCC fire department is complying with The Department of Ecology rules.
- More signage will be put up in the PCC this year. Recreation fires will be allowed, (basically a camp fire). Only fire wood allowed to be burned. No building materials, trash or any other types of materials.
- PCC fire department will post rules on bulletin board and mail box locations within the community.
- Yard debris will be allowed to burn in your approved fire pit up to June 1 st, 2013. There are two agencies you need to contact if you need a fire pit larger than 4’x4’. They are The Department of Natural Racecourses (DNR) and The Department of Ecology. After June 1 st then camp fires are only allowed in approved pit until the county puts on a complete burn banned.
11:33 a.m. Old Business (continued)
- 3-year Strategic Plan Update – John, Only one member has signed up for this committee that is John. We are looking into revising this committee and probably be the same plan.
- Water Project Update – Mary, we submitted a pay reimbursement to the state at the end of January. Once the loan draws 90% the state holds 10% until the project is complete. We wrote a finally check to our construction company to the amount we agreed to. We are still in disputing the final payment with the construction company and the board is negotiating with them on this matter.
- John Heighway is asking about the roads – there is a year warranty for them to complete the roads, (construction company).
11:38 a.m. New Business
- Identify Topics for mid-month Executive Session – Daryn suggests mid-month Executive Session meeting will be held February 19, 2013 at 7:30p.m.
- Association Manager Report Highlights - Mary
- Options for cleaning up from December storm – get price estimates for the cleanup.
- Putting together a list of about four yard waste professional people who our members can call to hire for their yard cleanup.
- Cleaning up PCC properties – greenbelts and along the roads. Ken and Geno can clean up along the roads. Down branches, trees and brush is a huge fire danger.
- We will be able to get DNR and NCRS to help us clean up. How much? Don’t know at this time. Chief Mick Lamar is finding out.
- If we choose to chip the debris we can per Chief Mick Lamar. We would use this for our trails. We are looking into possibly buying or renting a chipper or hiring someone to do this chore. Cheryl Nelson had looked into this in the past. Hiring someone was the most economical way to go. Mary will look into.
- Mary and Doug received quotes from three different companies to clean up our greenbelts. Still in the process of which company to hire. Another option if we do it. Still looking if this would be cost effective.
- PCC insurance does cover cleanup. Only if a structure damaged had occur.
11:55 a.m. Member’s Open Floor Questions & Comments
- John Heighway – “Has anyone heard about fiber optics?” Mary, “Frontier is planning on bringing in fiber optics into PCC this summer.”
- John Heighway – “How did these companies that are out for bid for the cleanup come up with their pricing?” Mary, “We walked around the PCC with them to determine how much is needed to be cleaned. Asked them to give us detailed on how these areas will be cleaned.”
- Jonh Heighway – “What about the trees that only snapped part way up?” Mary, “I talked with our forester and he said if there is still a good amount of green limbs left then those will be left alone. The other trees without some many limbs will be cut down.”
- John Heighway - “How can we get more PCC members get involved like in voting?” Mary, John “Still a large issue. Maybe find 10 people to volunteer go door to door with the ballot issues to get more voters.”
- John Heighway – “How to replace some of my plants on my lot with Native plants?” Pam, “Arbor Day Sale. Normally in the spring.”
12:15 p.m. Executive Session
John ask for accept to motion to convene to executive session - Vern moved
12:47 p.m. Reconvene from Executive Session
Vern ask for accept to motion to adjourn - John moved
12:50 p.m. ADJOURN