Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Brad Ulrich
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding 2016 dues, address signs, trail maps, pool cards, clubhouse rentals, septic reports from Chelan Douglas Health District, referrals to local businesses, and weather conditions.
- New members joined the Ponderosa in August, Linda provided New Member Packets.
- Continuing to work on creating a list of Members contact information available to other Members.
- Provided information to escrow companies, banks, realtors, buyers, and sellers when properties are sold in the Ponderosa.
- Provided support to Bill Whitlow and Doug Pendleton with sending out information seeking volunteer trail help with the Shugart Flats Firewise effort.
- Assisted with finding a trailer to transport a trail machine to conduct work on the trails with volunteer help on Friday, October 28th – November 4th 2016. Anyone available to help should call Bill Whitlow at 206-200-3782
- Conducted monthly coliform test. All tests were satisfactory and were reported to DOH.
- Consulted with Integritech about the design of the emergency booster pump shelter that will be located at the booster pump station.
- Rotated well usage between our six wells.
- Yearly drawdown tests completed on all six wells.
- Water valve tags identifying the water valve functions listed in M&O Manual were ordered and installed.
- Ordered and received the Cla-Val Pilot Assembly for well house number one.
- Turned water off/on in the water vault for homeowners, as needed.
- Performed water line locates, when requested by the locate center.
Buildings & Grounds and Swimming Pool
- Each day, we clean, test, add chemicals, and perform maintenance on the pool.
- Swimming pool stayed open for an additional week due to nice weather. The pool is closed now.
- Tether ball was replaced at the park.
- Dead tree removed near shop.
- Performed regular maintenance on the lawns and park.
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rentals.
Roads & Equipment
- Culvert and ditch work completed by Ken and Geno near Stirrup and Arabian.
- Signage was rearranged to help identify Colt and Palomino as one way streets.
- Geno spread the gravel on the water tower road that was reimbursed to the Ponderosa by a company from the logging project.
- Trees and branches were removed from the sides of the road.
- Ordered and received sand for winter traction.
- Ordered snow stakes to mark water vaults to avoid damage by snow plows.
- Exercised the new International truck.
- Met with paving contractor to identify areas in need of chip seal repair work to roads.
- Created and published the August, 2016 Ponderosa financial reports.
- Reviewed the monthly financial reports with the PCC Board of Trustees Treasurer Shannon Stithem.
- 2016 Month-end financial transactions and tax payments were completed.
- Provided year to date expense information to Committee Chairs for budgeting.
- Provided year to date expense information to the Board for budgeting.
- Withdrew mature CD for water loan payment.
- Completed wire transfer for the first water loan payment.
- Paid second half of property taxes.
- Sent 45 days past due letters.
Support to the Board of Directors, Ombudsman, and Committees
- Prepared for and attended the Board Meeting on September 10th.
- Updated Louis Kimmel & Ken Paauw with operational issues on a regular basis.
- Prepared the draft ballot.
- Worked with the Social Committee preparing for the Labor Day Weekend events.