Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Brad Ulrich
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding 2015 dues, pool cards, clubhouse rentals, updated group e-mail addresses for Ponderosa e-mail distribution, fire and smoke activity, burn ban status, road project updates, and weather conditions.
- Several new members joined the Ponderosa in September, Chelcie provided New Member Packets.
- Provided information to escrow companies, banks, realtors, buyers, and sellers when properties are sold in the Ponderosa.
- Provided support to Doug Pendleton with coordinating moving slash piles away from live trees to our greenbelt property for burning this fall when the wet weather arrives.
- Relayed Board of Director request for bid to clean areas surrounding Thoroughbred and Bridle. The bids are in progress.
- Coordinating repair by contractor to the water tower road from the water project.
- In mid-July there was a lightning storm that damaged one of the control units for the water system. It was determined that the lightning jumped the lightning protection unit at the telemetry line. Our engineers at Integritech are still continuing to look for a solution to prevent this from happening in the future.
- Conducted monthly coliform testing, tests were satisfactory and were reported to DOH. Test results are posted on the office bulletin board.
- Rotated well usage between our six wells.
- Turned water off/on in the water vault for homeowners, as needed.
- Purchased additional valve riser extensions for bringing risers up to chip seal level.
- Blow off and Air-Vacs serviced.
- Disassembled and ordered a new beacon light for one of the water towers.
- Performed water line locates, when requested by “1-800-call before you dig”.
Buildings & Grounds and Swimming Pool
- Each day, we clean, test, add chemicals, and perform maintenance on the pool. We also clean the bathrooms and pool decks.
- Performed regular maintenance on the lawns and park - irrigating, fertilizing, mowing and emptying garbage cans.
- Installed yellow jacket traps at the park for movie night.
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rentals.
- Met with members renting the clubhouse and provided information.
- The pool was winterized following Labor Day weekend which includes the bathrooms and heat pumps.
- Measured the pool cover to budget for a new one next year.
- Winterized the park irrigation system.
- The annual chimney cleaning and inspection was done on the clubhouse and caretaker’s house.
- A dead tree was removed from near the office.
- A mailbox kiosk near Quarter was removed and combined with another kiosk nearby.
Roads & Equipment
- Roads, Ditches, Driveways and Drainage
- The paving crew is winding down for this year and will continue this next spring.
- The roads that will be completed next spring include: Bronco, Upper and Lower Bridle, Spur, Welch and the remainder of Riata.
- Ditch work and culverts are underway on Colt.
- Road sand is on order.
- Performed culvert work on Saddle.
- Major areas needing repair were chip sealed.
- The back-up plow truck had mounting hardware and wiring installed for the snow plow blade.
- Created and published the September, 2015 Ponderosa financial reports.
- Reviewed the monthly financial reports with the PCC Board of Trustees Treasurer, Shannon Stithem.
- 2015 month-end financial transactions and tax payments were completed.
- Provided year to date expense information to Committee Chairs for budget preparation.
- Provided year to date expense information to the Board for budgeting.
- Opened a new CD for water loan funds.
- Paid second half of property taxes.
- Sent 45 days past due letters.
Support to the Board of Directors, Ombudsman, and Committees
- Prepared for and attended the Board Meeting on September 12 th.
- Updated Doug Barga & Daryn Wilbur with operational issues on a regular basis.
- Prepared the draft ballot.
- Worked with the Social Committee on preparations for the Labor Day Weekend events.