Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
September through Early October, 2014
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding the burn ban, greenbelt thinning/logging project, clubhouse rentals, email addresses for the Ponderosa group email list, names of tree fellers, and weather conditions.
- Chelcie provided New Member Packets to new members who joined the Ponderosa in September.
- Provide information to escrow companies, banks, realtors, buyers, and sellers when properties are sold in the Ponderosa.
- Met with Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) and homeowners on upper Saddle to address BPA vegetation control under the power lines, and at the same time, preserving low-growing vegetation in the PCC greenbelt and on homeowners’ property.
- Received the insurance reimbursement for the damage from two lightning storms in August.
- Well #3 rehabilitation to restore production: Reviewed process and costs with the recommended contractor. Discussed with Integritech, who then provided a detailed cost estimate and recommendations on process, for 2015 budgeting.
- Continued work with Sensus, the water meter manufacturer, on reporting software for water usage.
- As part of our long-term capital improvements planning, Integritech provided a list of future water system improvements which may be needed over the next 20 years.
- A member reported a water leak on Appaloosa. On investigation, we found a homeowner’s frost-free hydrant was leaking. Notified the homeowner and turned off their water.
- In early September, we conducted the routine monthly coliform tests on two water samples. One sample was satisfactory, but the other tested positive for coliform, which is extremely unusual for the Ponderosa. As required by DOH, within 24 hours of receiving the positive test result, we had five repeat samples tested. All were satisfactory.
- In October, DOH required five routine monthly samples. All tests were satisfactory.
- In November, only the standard two samples will be required for the monthly coliform tests.
- All test results were reported to DOH and posted on the office bulletin board.
- Installed a water meter under the clubhouse which will measure the water use in the clubhouse and swimming pool bathrooms.
- Rotated well usage between our six wells and recorded well production volumes.
- Accessed the water vaults to turn water off/on for homeowners, as needed
- Performed water line locates, when requested by “1-800-call before you dig”.
Buildings & Grounds and Swimming Pool
- The pool remained open an extra week – closing day was September 7. Emergency pool phone was disconnected.
- In early October, we winterized the pool, bathrooms, and heat pumps.
- Several of the pool loungers broke this year. Researched options for replacement. Ordered, received, and assembled eight (8) new loungers.
- Performed regular maintenance on the grounds – irrigating, mowing the grass, and emptying garbage cans. In October, we winterized the irrigation system.
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rental groups.
- Clubhouse chimney repair was completed with the installation of the new, custom metal cap and new flashing.
- The annual chimney cleaning and inspection was performed on the clubhouse and caretaker’s house.
Roads & Equipment
- Ditches and Driveways Drainage
- Completed work on Arabian.
- Called in Locates, rented a chip seal cutter, and coordinated with effected members and the mail delivery person.
- Installed a culvert under Pinto at the intersection with Stirrup.
- Installed a culvert under one driveway on Palamino.
- Installed culverts under three driveways on Stirrup near Arabian. Created/enlarged bar ditch.
- Filled the sand shed in preparation for winter.
- Chip seal repairs were done on Stirrup near Arabian.
- Repaired a problem with the fan/fan belt in the Yukon.
- Researched options for replacing the 1985 snow plow (on the big dump truck) which broke four times in two months of use last year. Reviewed used plows and new plows. Ordered a new plow, built to fit our truck, from the manufacturer in Salt Lake City. Delivery in early November.
- Contacted multiple companies for cost estimates to install bar ditches, and culverts as needed, along our gravel roads. This would occur next year prior to the chip sealing of the gravel roads.
- Provided support to Doug Pendleton, project lead, for the commercial thinning/logging project which began the end of January.
- Analyzed log prices for October vs. last spring. Provided information to Doug and Board.
- Signed and submitted October log sale contract to the mill.
- Answered questions from several members about logging and mulching in the greenbelts.
- Notified members of trail cleanup status.
- Participated in planning for autumn logging with Doug.
- Cut logs which were blocking Aster trail.
- Provided support to Doug regarding members who have signed up for FireWise.
- Created and published the August and September Ponderosa financial reports.
- Reviewed the monthly financial reports with the PCC Board of Trustees Treasurer, Shannon Stithem.
- 2014 month-end financial transactions and tax payments were completed.
- Provided detailed, categorized expense information to the Board for budgeting.
- Provided year-to-date expense information to committee chairs in preparation for budgeting.
- Provided 2015 expense scenarios to the Board for budgeting.
- Paid second half property taxes.
- Researched CD rates and established a new CD using 2011 water loan funds.
- Sent four water shutoff letters. Dues were paid prior to shutoff deadline.
Support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Prepared for and attended the Board Meeting on September 13.
- Updated Doug Barga and Daryn Wilbur with operational issues on a regular basis.
- At the direction of the Board, wrote to a member regarding an on-going real estate issue.
- At the direction of the Board, wrote the Clubhouse Usage Policy for Board review. After Board approval, notified two affected groups.
- Provided information to the Board and to our attorney regarding the RH2 dispute.
- Contacted multiple engineering firms for cost estimates to calibrate the hydraulic analysis model. Met with the Fire Chief to discuss options for measuring hydrant fire flow. Discussed requirements with DOH and the Washington State Rating Board.
- Coordinated with Buildings & Grounds chairs Lorelie Olson and Gina Wilkins on the installation of the new Ponderosa sign.
- Wrote articles for the September Pine Needler.
- Prepared the draft ballot.
- Met with Daryn to create a proposal for which areas of the Ponderosa website should be “members only” and which should be “public”. Sent proposal to webmasters John and Rose Ann.