Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Brad Ulrich
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Burn Bans are still in Effect. On June 30 th, Chelan County Fire Districts imposed a ban on campfires, fireworks and BBQ briquettes. More recently to include no chainsaw activity. There are significant fines for violators.
- Please have a plan in place for when or if another evacuation comes our way.
- PCC and Fire District #4 communicate closely to provide current information to members, and to coordinate fire-related water system activities.
- Thank you Firefighters for all you do and keeping our community safe!
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding 2015 dues, pool cards, clubhouse rentals, email addresses for the Ponderosa group email list, PCC plat maps, fire and smoke activity, road project updates, and weather conditions.
- Several new members joined the Ponderosa in August. Chelcie provided New Member Packets.
- Provided information to escrow companies, banks, realtors, buyers, and sellers when properties are sold in the Ponderosa.
- Provided support to Bill Whitlow and Doug Pendleton with sending out information about the volunteer trail crew and firewood program available to Ponderosa Members.
- Notified Membership about Watershed Committee meeting
- Removed and disposed of slash pile from parking lot.
- Received several questions from Members about whether or not chainsaw use is allowed. (Currently Not Allowed)
- Assisted with scheduling Greenbelt discussion at August 8 th Board Meeting
- In mid-July there was a lightning storm that damaged one of the control units for the water system. It was determined that the lightning jumped the lightning protection unit at the telemetry line. Our engineers at Integritech are continuing to look for a solution to prevent this from happening in the future.
- Conducted monthly coliform, annual nitrate test on wellfield A, Gross Alpha, and Radium 228. All tests were satisfactory and were reported to DOH. Test results are posted on the office bulletin board.
- Rotated well usage between our six wells.
- Turned water off/on in the water vault for homeowners, as needed.
- Located water valve risers for the road crew.
- Purchased valve riser extensions for bringing risers up to chip seal level.
- Ken tested the emergency back-up propane water pump and found no problems.
- Ken tested and made some repairs to the emergency back-up booster pump.
- Ken and Geno completed the yearly draw down testing on all six wells with satisfactory results.
- Performed water line locates, when requested by “1-800-call before you dig”.
Buildings & Grounds and Swimming Pool
- Each day, we clean, test, add chemicals, and perform maintenance on the pool. We also clean the bathrooms and pool decks.
- The Chelan County Health District arrived for the unannounced swimming pool inspection. Passed inspection with compliments from the inspector about the very well maintained pool.
- Performed regular maintenance on the lawns and park(irrigating, fertilizing, and mowing.) and emptying garbage cans.
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rentals.
- Met with members renting the clubhouse and provided information.
- Geno disassembled, repaired and reassembled the ballfield backstop.
- Repairs were made to the playground equipment.
- Ken assisted with lights and sprinkler system for the Movie Night.
Roads & Equipment
- Roads, Ditches, Driveways and Drainage
- The Board of Directors met with A&W paving on August 22 nd to agree on the terms of the road project.
- The Board of Directors awarded the road contract to A&W paving
- Purchased culverts needed for the driveways.
- Ken and Geno performed dust control on the gravel roads in mid-August.
- Geno swept major gravel from roads.
- Geno did weed eating alongside roads for better visibility.
- Created and published the July, 2015 Ponderosa financial reports.
- Reviewed the monthly financial reports with the PCC Board of Trustees Treasurer, Shannon Stithem.
- 2015 month-end financial transactions and tax payments were completed.
- Notified Committee Chairs that draft budgets are due soon.
- Sent payment reminders. Turned off pool cards. At 60 days past due, water may be shut off.
Support to the Board of Directors, Ombudsman, and Committees
- Prepared for and attended the Board Meeting on August 8 th.
- Updated Doug Barga & Daryn Wilbur with operational issues on a regular basis.
- Provided information about one real estate issue.
- Assisted the Ombudsman about an ongoing complaint regarding a Chelan County code violation.
- Worked with the Social Committee on preparations for the Labor Day Weekend events.