Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding fire rules, gravel road conditions, high speed internet, PCC’s group email list, plat maps and property lines, pool cards, and referrals for excavators, tree fellers, plumbers, and companies that cleanup tree debris.
- Bears eat 3000 calories a day in the autumn to build fat reserves going into their winter hibernation. Be sure they aren’t getting calories from your garbage! Do not put out your garbage until Monday morning. This is a safety issue for you and your neighbors.
- Received two new member complaints. The Ombudsman, Ken Paauw, works with members to resolve the issues.
Water System Upgrade to New DOH Regulations and Fire Protection
- Restoring the paved roads to their original condition prior to the water project construction.
- Granite Construction is scheduled to be onsite in mid-September to complete the punch list. Forsgren Associates will conduct the final inspection.
- Geno and Ken added gravel and/or smoothed some driveways which were dug up during construction and had settled over the winter.
- The water project financial audit was completed by the accounting firm of CliftonLarsonAllen and submitted to the DOH and the federal government.
- Created financial analyses for the Board on loan repayment options. Reviewed the options with an accountant from Weinstein & Schwab in Wenatchee.
- RH2 began work on the hydraulic analysis, which involves the fire hydrants. The project has been put on temporary hold due to a dispute with RH2 regarding the water project. Hopefully, it will be completed before fall.
Roads & Equipment
- Contracted with Upper Valley Excavating to grade and gravel Riata and upper Saddle. The work will be performed in September.
- Performed routine maintenance on the Yukon. Brakes were also repaired.
- Thanks to Blewett Rock and Gravel, and Premium Rock, for donating a load of gravel to the Ponderosa!
- Began programming the radio-read devices on the water meters. Every meter must be configured. This will continue into September.
- With the Fire Chief, reviewed the water system performance with regard to the house fire on August 14.
- Replaced booster pump transmitters which were destroyed by lightning in mid-August.
- Performed water system “locates” when requested via the “call before you dig” service.
- Accessed the water vaults to turn water on/off, as needed, for homeowners.
- Conducted monthly coliform water quality tests.All tests were satisfactory and were reported to DOH.
- Ordered more snow stakes to mark water vaults prior to winter.
Buildings & Grounds
- The sports equipment box was vandalized again. The equipment has been moved to the office on a temporary basis.
- Performed regular maintenance on the grounds – irrigating, raking, fertilizing, mowing the grass, and emptying garbage cans.
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rental groups. In August, this included the Labor Day Barbeque, a wedding (rental), and the Watershed Fair.
- Painted areas in the pool area and clubhouse deck, as needed.
- Changed the light bulbs in the outdoor flood lights, and indoor lights, as needed.
- Throughout August, we cleaned, tested, added chemicals, and performed maintenance on the pool on a daily basis.
- The pool closed for the season after Labor Day, September 2.
- In late August, one of the two pool heat pumps failed, and a significant leak occurred in the propane furnace. We are analyzing options for repair or replacing one or both.
- Helped set up for the Watershed Fair.
- Cut and removed 3 dead trees in the greenbelt and one in the clubhouse park.
Financial Reporting and Management
- Each month, Chelcie and Mary complete and post the monthly financial reports; make federal tax payments and transfer funds to specific accounts as the Bylaws require; and review the Ponderosa financial reports with the PCC Board of Trustees Treasurer, Stan Morgan.
- Sent water shutoff letters to three members for non-payment of dues.
Support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Prepared for and attended the Board Meeting on August 10.
- Prepared for and attended the Special Member’s Meeting on August 31.
- Provided documentation and information to the Board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on one (1) issue.
- Updated Vern Little, Director of Operations, on a regular basis.
- Provided articles for the September Pine Needler.