Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities for August are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding late night noise from weekend rentals, special members’ meeting on water system upgrade, special board meeting, fire permits, water leaks, dust control, wildfire in Tumwater canyon, access to the river via Ponderosa property, bears, swimming pool cards, aggressive dogs, and referrals for septic installers and yard maintenance.
Swimming Pool, Buildings & Grounds
- Repaired the bathroom door in the Clubhouse so that it closes properly.
- Repaired the heating/cooling system in the clubhouse: wiring problem.
- Clubhouse water heater was inspected by our insurance company as required by the State of Washington.
- Perform daily cleaning and maintenance on the pool.
- Chelan Douglas Health district performed their unannounced pool inspection. No violations were found. The inspector said, “It is a pleasure to inspect a pool which is so clean and well cared for.”
- Performed regular maintenance on the grounds – irrigating, raking, and mowing the grass.
- Put up wasp traps near the pool. Removed a wasp nest on the Clubhouse deck.
- Henry and Ken painted the top of the upper reservoir and spot painted the exterior of the upper and lower reservoirs with tnemec paint.
- Repaired a leaking water main at the top of Colt Rd.
- Installed a new water service on Colt Rd.
- Replaced a leaking service valve on Morgan.
- Removed a leaking distribution valve on Saddle.
- Performed routine maintenance on one of our two booster pumps to replace the seals. Inspection revealed the impeller was cracked – new impeller was ordered.
- Replaced parts damaged in a power outage on August 5.
- Conducted the weekly review of water system.
- Conducted monthly water quality tests and reported the results to DOH.
- Turned on/off water for homeowners, as needed.
Water System Upgrade to New DOH Regulations and Fire Protection
- Prepared for and held the Special Members’ Meeting on Saturday, August 13 to discuss the water project. Bill Schmidt and Karen Klocke (DOH) were present, along with PCC Board and Fire District #4 management.
- Finalized and mailed ballots for the water system upgrade to all members in good standing.
- Bill Schmidt has staked the location of the new water main along Camp 12 Road. He is met with Chelan County engineer regarding permits, road repair, environmental review, and tree removal.
- Met with RH2 engineering an created a schedule for their work. First step is surveying.
- Surveyors began in late August. Henry is locating staking the water valves for them. Please leave all stakes in place – thank you!
- Reviewed the cultural review process with DOH.
- Copies of water project documents and maps are available in the office for members to review.
- Applied more dust control on roads.
- Added gravel to cul de sacs on Appaloosa and Arabian.
- Repaired the backhoe – transmission problem.
- Decided not to patch the paved roads this summer because many roads will be dug up next year with the water project.
- The Board reviewed and selected a tentative solution for the drainage situation which results in excess water at Stirrup and Arabian.
- Mary will review the proposed solution with affected homeowners and report back to the Board.
- Prepared Clubhouse and grounds for the Watershed Fair on August 27.
Financial Reporting and Management
- Met with Director of Operations to discuss 2012 budget.
- Met with the Treasurer to review July financials and the 2012 budget.
- Made federal tax payments and transferred funds to specific accounts as the Bylaws require.
- Contacted homeowners with past due accounts. Turned on pool cards after payment.
Support to the Board of Directors, Committees, Ombudsman, and Fire Department
- Prepared for and attended the August 13 Board Meeting, August 13 Special Members’ Meeting, August 14 Executive session, August 20 Special Board meeting, August 10 Board conference call, and August 24 Board conference call.
- Provided documentation and information to the Board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on four (4) issues.
- For the Bylaws Revision project – reviewed the Bylaws and Operating Procedures changes from our attorney.
- Updated Daryn WiIbur on a weekly basis on M&O activities.
- Met with the Fire Department and Daryn regarding planned upgrades to the fire station – new parking apron and drain.