Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Brad Ulrich
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Burn Bans are in Effect. On June 30 th, Chelan County Fire Districts imposed a ban on campfires, fireworks and BBQ briquettes. More recently to include no chainsaw activity. On June 30 th, the Ponderosa Board of Trustees also backed the burn ban at the Special Meeting on June 30 th, which includes significant fines for violators.
- Please have a plan in place for when or if another evacuation comes our way.
- PCC and Fire District #4 communicate closely to provide current information to members, and to coordinate fire-related water system activities.
- The smoke plume visible from the Ponderosa today is a lightning strike caused fire at Holden in the Lake Chelan Valley.
- Many thanks to all for not using any fireworks over the 4 th of July weekend or burning any campfires. At this time of this writing, propane devices are still allowed.
- Fire danger is very high – Stay Safe and be prepared!!
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding 2015 dues, pool cards, clubhouse rentals, email addresses for the Ponderosa group email list, PCC plat maps, septic reports from the Chelan Douglas Health District, suggestions for Social Committee events, names of tree fellers, and weather conditions.
- Several new members joined the Ponderosa in July. Chelcie provided New Member Packets.
- Provided information to escrow companies, banks, realtors, buyers, and sellers when properties are sold in the Ponderosa.
- Provided support to Bill Whitlow and Doug Pendleton with sending out information about the volunteer trail crew and firewood program available to Ponderosa Members.
- Notified Membership about Watershed Committee meeting
- Reviewed and reported financials to Committee and the Board.
- Received several questions from Members about whether or not chainsaw use is allowed. (Currently Not Allowed)
- In mid-July there was a lightning storm that damaged one of the control units for the water system. It was determined that the lightning jumped the lightning protection unit at the telemetry line. Our engineers at Integritech are looking for a solution to prevent this from happening in the future.
- Worked with Grays Electric and Integritech to install the new pump to bring well #3 back online.
- A Member noticed that their neighbors’ water was leaking from beneath a building and turned their water off at the neighbors personal water shut-off and called the office to let us know to inform the owner about the situation.
- Conducted monthly coliform and an annual nitrate test on wellfield B. All tests were satisfactory and were reported to DOH.
- Rotated well usage between our six wells.
- Turned water off/on in the water vault for homeowners, as needed
- Performed water line locates, when requested by “1-800-call before you dig”.
Buildings & Grounds and Swimming Pool
- Each day, we clean, test, add chemicals, and perform maintenance on the pool. We also clean the bathrooms and pool decks.
- We purchased additional loungers for the pool this year and received them just in time for the 4 th of July weekend.
- Performed regular maintenance on the lawns and park (irrigating, fertilizing, and mowing.)
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rentals.
- Met with members renting the clubhouse and provided information.
- Had the clubhouse air conditioning looked at – programming issue with thermostat.
- The pool was closed down for a day for special cleaning.
- Buildings and Grounds Committee weeded and pruned at the poolside garden. Thank you Tim for pruning!
Roads & Equipment
- Roads, Ditches, Driveways and Drainage
- Received cost estimate for culverts.
- Bid documents and surveying were completed.
- Contacted local and out of area companies to announce upcoming project.
- Thanks to Member Engineers Jesse Perrault and Greg Selstead for designing possible drainage solutions and reviewing documents.
- More sand was ordered for this winter.
- Performed dust control on the gravel roads in late July.
- Did weed eating around stop signs for better visibility.
- Created and published the June, 2015 Ponderosa financial reports.
- Reviewed the monthly financial reports with the PCC Board of Trustees Treasurer, Shannon Stithem.
- 2015 month-end financial transactions and tax payments were completed.
- Received and processed dues checks.
Support to the Board of Directors, Ombudsman, and Committees
- Prepared for and attended the Board Meeting on July 11 th.
- Updated Doug Barga & Daryn Wilbur with operational issues on a regular basis.
- Enjoyed being part of the 4 th of July parade as a passenger in Dean and Gina Wilkins Classic Cadillac.
- Worked with the Social Committee on preparations for the July 4 th events.