Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements! Our major activities for June are listed below.
- Responded to homeowners’ questions, comments and concerns about campfires (there is a burn ban in effect), dead trees, bears, swimming pool cards, Title Project, aggressive dogs, Ponderosa easements for walkways, gravel road maintenance, signs, water availability forms, email addresses on the Ponderosa website, and lost items at the swimming pool.
- Chelcie notarized Owner Certificates for the Title Project and a number of other documents for homeowners.
- Worked with homeowners and the Department of Fish & Wildlife regarding bears.
- Provided pool monitoring on July 4th weekend.
- Prepared the Clubhouse for rental use by homeowners.
New Sport Court – Buildings & Grounds project
- Began demolition work to replace and improve the Sport Court in the playground.
- The new court should be ready by mid – August.
Shop Safety Upgrade
- Cleaned out the shop storage room and disposed of scrap wood and metal.
- The bathroom will be located in the storage room.
- Began planning process for permits and design.
Maintaining Water System, Roads, Pool and Facilities
- Applied additional dust control, as needed.
- Installed a water bar and graveled the easement road on Ponderosa Lot 12 Spur Road.
- Knapweed is a noxious weed which grows along some of the Ponderosa Roads – we control it by pulling it up.
- Please stop by the office to see pictures of knapweed. Please control the knapweed and thistles on your property.
- Cut roadside brush where needed to improve visibility for drivers.
- Upper Bridle project (water running over the road.)
- We replaced the water valves, installed a drain at the water valves, and are monitoring to determine if a spring is present.
- The drain will capture whatever runoff may occur. If there continues to be runoff, we’ll route the water to Camp 12 Road ditch.
- In August, we’ll subcontract to have pot holes repaired and chip seal some of our roads.
- The new booster pump motor and controller are installed and operational.
- The propane powered emergency water pumping system is fully installed, tested and ready for operation if needed.
- Bill Schmidt is reviewing the design of the electrical surge protection and grounding of our water system controllers.
- Performed monthly water tests and an annual test for Inorganic Compounds. We passed all tests.
- Performed weekly inspection of wells and recorded water usage.
- Talked with USDA Rural Development , Cashmere Valley Bank, and Banner Bank about possibilities for funding the water distribution replacement project.
- Some of you noticed water runoff in the Camp 12 Road ditch across from Thoroughbred Road. This was an overflow of the upper water reservoir. The reservoir “fill” sensor has been adjusted for the heavier summer use, which should prevent future overflows.
- A glass bottle fell from the Clubhouse deck into the kiddie pool and broke. This required us to close, drain, and vacuum the kiddie pool to ensure all the broken glass was removed. Then, the pool was refilled and chemicals adjusted. Kiddie pool was closed for about 24 hours.
- Please follow the Department of Health swimming pool rules: No food, alcohol, or glass in the pool area. No diving in the pool. These and all other rules are posted at the pool.
- Replaced the video security system DVR controller. We video record the swimming pool and Clubhouse areas.
- Perform daily maintenance on the pool (each morning and night.)
- Passed the Department of Health annual inspection of our pool with high marks.
Financial Reporting & Management
- Completed & posted June 2010 financial reports & made federal tax payments.
- Transferred money to capital accounts per the Bylaws.
- Began analysis for 2011 budget.
- Contacted homeowners with past due accounts to arrange for payment.
- The Board is considering options with one foreclosure.
Support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Tracked receipt of the 112 Owner Acknowledgement Forms regarding the Ponderosa Articles and Bylaws.
- Contacted homeowners as a reminder.
- Provided articles for The Needler
- Provided documentation and information to the Board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on three (3) issues.
- Provided History of the Ponderosa Real Estate Disputes document developed by the Board of Trustees in 1995.
- Provided Water Distribution Replacement Project proposal and costs from Bill Schmidt from Nov, 2008.
- Arranged for Bill Schmidt to attend a meeting to review the project and answer questions from the Board on Saturday, Sept 11 at 1pm in the Clubhouse. This meeting will be open to all members.
- On a weekly basis, review status with Director of Operations.