Current Board Minutes
Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
Your suggestions and ideas for improvement are welcome – please call or email me. Our major activities for July are listed below.
- Congratulations to Marisha Robinson and the Social Committee! The July 4th parade, ice cream social and barbeque were fun and enjoyed by many.
- Responded to phone calls, emails, letters, and served office visitors.
- Chelcie updated and added new information to the New Member Packet
- Issued new pool cards to homeowners.
- Implemented the new swimming pool policy on July 1 (i.e., no renter usage of the pool or clubhouse.)
- Responded to a number of complaints: late night noise, vicious dogs, illegal fires, speeding, trespassing by off-road dirt bikes, and stolen landscaping lights. If you see, or are the victim of, illegal activity – please report it to the sheriff!
- Participated with the Greenbelt Committee in the creation of a proposed set of Greenbelt Rules. The Board of Trustees will consider them on Aug. 8.
Riata Rainstorm Damage
- The Department of Natural Resources and Department of Ecology are requiring plans from the developers to prevent future flooding. The DNR rejected the initial plan submitted and gave the developer until July 31 to submit a new plan.
- Substantial fines can be levied if the plan is late.
- I requested the Ponderosa engineer have a chance to review the plan, and the DNR has agreed.
- The DNR requires the plan be implemented before the rains begin in fall, 2009.
- Reviewed upper Riata with our engineer. We agreed we should not make significant repairs until we know what the developers will be implementing on their properties.
- This issue will be covered at each board meeting until it is resolved.
Maintaining Water System, Roads, Pool and Facilities
Paul and Ken have been busy:
- Did prep work for the dust control applicator – dust control applied to all dirt roads July 9.
- Responded to an emergency water main break on Riata.
- Repaired a break in the water main and replaced a faulty distribution valve on Saddle.
- Upgraded the water system by adding an additional water distribution valve by the booster pump. This will enable us to affect fewer homeowners when we have to turn off the water for repair.
- Tested and repaired the Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV).
- Responded to numerous homeowner requests to turn on/off water so that broken pipes could be repaired.
- Open and close the pool daily (except Tuesday) which includes cleaning and ensuring the water quality is good.
- Added a new “15 MPH” speed limit sign on Lariat.
Other maintenance issues:
- Some Riata homeowners have questioned the March policy decision not to snowplow upper Riata Road for safety reasons. We are looking at potential alternatives.
- Chelan County PUD is removing tree limbs and trees that are hazardous to the power lines. Reviewed their plan.
Water System Projects
- Work continues with Bill Schmidt on implementation of the Emergency Water System. Implementation is planned for this summer.
- We have decided it would be prudent to have the Department of Health increase the total number of “water service connections” assigned to the Ponderosa from 581 to 595. This should cover any future expansion of water services. Gathered data on July 4 and July 21.
- Thanks to Bob and Nancy Melson who managed the painting of the exterior of the Clubhouse – painting looks great and was completed July 1st!
- The Clubhouse windows were washed on July 10.
- The Clubhouse and grounds are cleaned and maintained weekly.
- July 15th was the deadline for paying the second half of homeowner dues for 2009. If you haven’t yet paid your dues, please send a check straightaway!
- Processed homeowner dues and deposited in Cashmere Valley Bank.
- July financial reports were sent for posting on the website.
- Ensured compliance with bylaws for assessment funds
- The Capital Improvement Reserve is fully funded for 2009.
- Moved $100 water assessment per lot to the Water Improvement account.
Past Due Homeowner’s Dues
- Contacted homeowners with past due accounts to arrange for payment.
- Proceeded, at the direction of the board, with one foreclosure.
- Chelan County owns a Ponderosa lot and has not paid the assessments. They plan to auction the property by about September 1, 2009.
Support to the Board of Directors
- Prepared for and participated in the July board meeting.
- Provided documentation and information to the board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on one (1) property line issue
- For adherence to easement specifications – worked on one (1) issue
- For bylaws review
- Financial reports and issues
- On a weekly basis, reviewed issues and activities with the Director of Maintenance and Operations.