Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding 2014 dues, greenbelt thinning/logging project, Firewise risk assessments, the DNR chipping program, pool cards, clubhouse rentals, PCC rules and regulations, lot sizes, wild animal (cougar) danger, driveway paving, and weather conditions.
- Several new members joined the Ponderosa in June. Chelcie provided New Member Packets.
- A security guard patrolled in the evenings over the July 4 th weekend.
- Provide information to escrow companies, banks, realtors, buyers, and sellers when properties are sold in the Ponderosa.
- Provided support to Doug Pendleton, project lead, for the commercial thinning/logging project which began the end of January.
- Notified membership of logging plans and status.
- Reviewed and reported financials to Committee and the Board.
- Monitored road conditions and coordinated with Doug so that the logging trucks did not damage Ponderosa roads.
- Coordinated with Doug on logging near water system components.
- Received several questions from members about logging and flagging in the greenbelts. Referred them to Doug.
- Oversaw the contractor which performed repairs on the two water reservoirs. Repairs included the water level wire guides. Received dvd’s showing work performed along with written reports. Overall, the reservoirs are in very good condition.
- Congratulations to Geno Alejo for achieving the Water Distribution Manager I certification! Both Ken and Geno are now WDM I certified.
- Conducted monthly coliform and an annual nitrate test on wellfield A. All tests were satisfactory and were reported to DOH.
- Rotated well usage between our six wells.
- Turned water off/on in the water vault for homeowners, as needed
- Performed water line locates, when requested by the locate center.
Buildings & Grounds and Swimming Pool
- Each day, we clean, test, add chemicals, and perform maintenance on the pool.
- A pool monitor was on duty through the July 4 holiday weekend.
- Had the pool inspected by a pool refinishing contractor to evaluate a small crack in the side of the pool. It was determined that no leaking is occurring and the crack is not causing any problems.
- Performed regular maintenance on the lawns and park. Repaired two sprinklers.
- Clubhouse chimney repair: The repaired concreted block was painted.
- Met with the roofing company we have selected to replace the flashing and build a metal cap for the chimney. Received cost estimate. Work is scheduled for July.
- Rebuilt the deck on the caretaker’s house, which was badly deteriorated.
- Repaired the clubhouse toilet.
- Repaired an electrical problem with the swimming pool septic tank.
- Replaced the tetherball. This is the 3 rd tetherball we’ve purchased this year – please don’t misuse the equipment.
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rentals. Filled the BBQ propane tanks.
Roads & Equipment
- Ditches and Driveways Drainage: Received several cost estimates from culvert suppliers.
- Performed dust control on the gravel roads. The weather forecast is for a hot, dry summer. We are planning to do more dust control in mid-late July.
- Removed noxious weeds from PCC road shoulders.
- Created and published the May, 2014 Ponderosa financial reports.
- Reviewed the monthly financial reports with the PCC Board of Trustees Treasurer, Shannon Stithem. Shannon reviewed and signed the 2013 federal tax return prepared by our accounting firm of CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA).
- 2014 Month-end financial transactions and tax payments were completed.
- Upgraded our accounting software, QuickBooks, to the 2014 version.
- Sent invoices for second half dues. Please send payments by July 15. Thank you!
- Water was shut off for one member for non-payment of dues. Water was restored when dues were paid.
- Filed a lien on one property for non-payment of dues.
Support to the Board of Directors, Ombudsman, and Committees
- Prepared for and attended the Board Meeting on June 14.
- Updated Doug Barga & Daryn Wilbur with operational issues on a regular basis.
- Published the updated PCC Operating Procedures, at the direction of the board.
- Worked with volunteer Jeanne Whitlow to update the website content which relates to the Board of Trustees.
- Worked with webmaster to update the email addresses for new board members and committees.
- Provided information to the Board on two real estate issues.
- Provided information to the Board and to our attorney regarding the RH2 dispute.
- Provided information to the Ombudsman and the Board regarding two complaints submitted by members.
- Provided information and support to the Strategic Planning Committee, as needed.