Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding fire permits, regulations on campfires, the water system upgrade project, ballot for water project funding, fiber for internet, regulations for fences, email list, water keys, dead trees, PCC plat maps, and referrals for plumbers and electricians.
- Arranged for a security guard for July 4 th weekend.
- Chelcie sent out New Member Packets, as needed.
- Please welcome Geno Alejo, the Ponderosa’s new maintenance employee. Geno has experience in a number of areas applicable to the Ponderosa, including many years of experience in the building industry.
Water System Upgrade to New DOH Regulations and Fire Protection (details of dollar amounts and other specifics can be found in the Board Meeting Minutes.)
- Construction began June 11. KRCI created a construction schedule which is available on the website, bulletin board, and at the office. A list of FAQ’s is also available.
- KRCI and our engineer (construction manager) are working very hard to move quickly and at the same time minimize the inconvenience to members.
- Ken was needed almost full-time on the water project in June. He turned water off/on as needed for KRCI and advised our engineer on our existing water system as well as locations for the new service valves, hydrants, and other water system fixtures.
- Planned with our engineer for water outages and notified members.
- There were many unexpected outages in the first two – three weeks of construction. KRCI has tried different strategies to reduce water main breakage. In most places, we have no records of water main locations. Additionally, KRCI has found our existing water mains zigzag across our roads, e.g. on Pinto the water main crossed the road four times. They are now using temporary, above-ground services which should reduce the unexpected water outages and improve productivity.
- Archaeological Monitoring – Required during construction along Saddle Road by DOH. Scheduled to begin July 16.
- Contract Administration – Prepared reimbursement request for the State of WA.
- Forest Practices Application was obtained from the State of WA/DNR by KRCI to remove trees along Camp 12 Road.
- Selected a soils testing company in Wenatchee to test compaction on roads, when needed by the engineer.
Water System Maintenance and Operations
- Installed a new water service on Camp 12 Road.
- Replaced transmitters damaged by lightning storms.
- Completed weekly reviews of the water system.
- Conducted monthly water quality tests and reported the results to DOH.
Swimming Pool and Building and Grounds
- Performed daily maintenance on the swimming pool and bathrooms.
- Irrigated, fertilized, and tended to the grounds.
- The pool monitor was on duty for the July 4 weekend.
- Provided pool cards, as needed.
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rental groups.
- Applied dust control in early June. Applied again in early July.
- Filled potholes with gravel, as needed.
- Thank you to those members who pulled noxious weeds along the roads. We removed the pulled weeds from Lariat.
- Installed a new street sign on Thoroughbred Lane (previous sign was stolen.)
- Met with Doug Pendleton to discuss the schedule and impact of the FireWise fuels reduction project.
Financial Reporting and Management
- Each month, we complete and post the monthly financial reports; we make federal tax payments and transfer funds to specific accounts as the Bylaws require; and we review the Ponderosa financial reports with the PCC Board of Trustees Treasurer, Stan Morgan.
- Finalized our insurance coverage with our insurance agent.
- Sent past due notices and water shutoff notices to delinquent members.
- Agreed to payment plans upon request by homeowners, in accordance with the Operating Procedures and Bylaws.
Support to the Board of Directors
- Prepared for and attended the Board Meeting on June 9.
- Provided documentation and information to the Board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on three (3) issues.
- Updated Vern Little, Director of Operations, on a regular basis.