Current Board Minutes
Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
Your suggestions and ideas for improvement are welcome – please call or email me. Our major activities for June are listed below.
- Responded to phone calls, emails, letters, and served office visitors.
- Issued many new pool cards to homeowners.
- Posted information about off-road vehicle rules and best practices to discourage bears from visiting the Ponderosa.
- Attended the Greenbelt Committee meeting on June 20.
Riata Rainstorm Damage
- The Department of Natural Resources is requiring a plan from the developers to prevent future flooding. The plan is to be done by mid-July. I requested the Ponderosa engineer have a chance to review the plan, and the DNR has agreed.
- The Department of Ecology informed me they are requiring a Stormwater Construction Permit from the developers.
- Reviewed upper Riata with our engineer. We agreed we should not make significant repairs until we know what the developers will be implementing on their properties.
- This issue will be covered at each board meeting until it is resolved.
Maintaining Water System, Roads, Pool and Facilities
Paul and Ken have been busy:
- Replaced a water service valve and installed a new water service.
- Responded to numerous homeowner requests to turn on/off water so that broken pipes could be repaired.
- Repaired an accidental breakage of the Ponderosa water main by an Excavator.
- Tested and brought more wells on-line for the summer.
- Open and close the pool daily (except Tuesday.) This usually takes about 3 hours.
- Repaired various items in the swimming pool and bathrooms.
- Used the road grader and backhoe to grade Spur and upper Bridle roads.
- Repaired some rain damage on lower Bridle road.
- On July 9, the dust control liquid will be applied to all dirt roads.
Other maintenance issues:
- Had Cascade towing remove an illegally parked vehicle.
- Some Riata homeowners have questioned the March policy decision not to snowplow upper Riata Road for safety reasons. We are looking at potential alternatives.
- Reviewed our paved roads with an engineer to determine maintenance needs.
Water System Projects
- Work continues with Bill Schmidt on implementation of the Emergency Water System. Implementation is planned for this summer.
- We have decided it would be prudent to have the Department of Health increase the total number of “water service connections” assigned to the Ponderosa from 581 to 595. This should cover any future expansion of water services. Began the data collection process on June 15.
- Thanks to Bob and Nancy Melson who managed the painting of the exterior of the Clubhouse – painting looks great and was completed July 1st!
- Our maintenance team did the prep work: pressure washing, scraping, and sanding.
- The Clubhouse windows will be washed after painting is complete.
- The Clubhouse and grounds are cleaned and maintained weekly.
- July 15th is the deadline for paying the second half of homeowner dues for 2009.
- Processed homeowner dues and deposited in Cashmere Valley Bank.
- Chelcie worked with the Ponderosa Board Treasurer, Steve Geho, to review our financial processes.
- June financial reports were sent for posting on the website.
- Review and analyzed financials with Ponderosa President.
- Worked with two vendors to obtain discounts.
- Ensured compliance with bylaws for assessment funds
- The Capital Improvement Reserve is fully funded for 2009.
- Moved $100 water assessment per lot to the Water Improvement account.
Past Due Homeowner’s Dues
- Contacted homeowners with past due accounts to arrange for payment.
- Proceeded, at the direction of the board, with one foreclosure.
- Chelan County owns a Ponderosa lot and has not paid the assessments. They plan to auction the property by about August 1, 2009.
Support to the Board of Directors
- Implemented the new swimming pool policy on July 1 (i.e., no renter usage of the pool or clubhouse.)
- Prepared for and participated in the June board meeting.
- Provided documentation and information to the board, as needed
- For real estate issues – worked on three (3) property line issues
- For adherence to easement specifications – worked on one (1) issue
- Financial reports and issues
- On a weekly basis, reviewed issues and activities with the Director of Maintenance and Operations.