Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding 2014 dues, greenbelt thinning/logging project, Firewise risk assessments, the DNR chipping program, pool cards, clubhouse rentals, and weather conditions.
- Several new members joined the Ponderosa in May. Chelcie provided New Member Packets.
- Arranged for a Security Guard to patrol in the evenings over Memorial Day weekend.
- Provide information to escrow companies, realtors, buyers, and sellers when properties are sold in the Ponderosa.
- Provided support to Doug Pendleton, project lead, for the commercial thinning/logging project which began the end of January.
- Notified membership of logging plans and status.
- Reviewed and reported financials to Committee and the Board.
- Monitored road conditions and coordinated with Doug so that the logging trucks did not damage Ponderosa roads.
- Coordinated with Doug on logging near water system components.
- Received several questions from members about logging and flagging in the greenbelts. Referred them to Doug.
- Oversaw the repairs, made by the logger, to the upper reservoir road.
- Received the water system annual operating permit from the DOH.
- Obtained cost estimates from two (2) water reservoir repair companies. Selected a company to perform the repairs in June.
- To improve lightning protection, we purchased and installed new transmitters which are guaranteed against damage by lightning strikes or power fluctuations. If they do fail, they will be replaced under warranty.
- Completed the Annual Water Quality Report for 2013 and the Annual Water Use Efficiency Performance Report for 2013. These reports are posted on the PCC website and are available at the office. They are also submitted annually to DOH, as required by state law.
- Were reimbursed by a member for damage caused to water system components when a member accessed the water vault without the authorization of PCC.
- Conducted monthly coliform water quality tests.All tests were satisfactory and were reported to DOH.
- Turned water off/on in the water vault for homeowners, as needed.
- Provide Water Availability documents, when requested by members.
- The Ponderosa is notified to perform water line locates when excavations take place. Worked with the locate company to correct the maps and area covered by the PCC water system.
Buildings & Grounds and Swimming Pool
- Opened the swimming pool on Saturday, May 24 of Memorial Day weekend. A pool monitor was on duty through the weekend.
- Pool preparations included installing two new heat pumps, a new propane furnace; balancing the chemicals in the pool; cleaning the pools, pool deck, the underside of the clubhouse deck, and bathrooms; repairing the bathroom floors; painting; repairing the toilet in the men’s bathroom; updating and installing signage as require by the Chelan-Douglas Health District; turning on the emergency pool phone and verifying connection to Rivercom 911 dispatch; and updating the first aid kits,
- Performed regular maintenance on the lawns and park.
- All fire extinguishers were inspected and certified. This is done annually.
- Received the swimming pool annual operating permit from Chelan County.
- Repaired and stained the kiosk by the clubhouse.
- Contacted several masonry companies about repairing the clubhouse chimney. Selected a company and the concrete block was repaired. After it cures, the block will be painted.
- The next step is for the roofing company we have selected to replace the flashing and build metal caps for the chimney.
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rentals. Filled the BBQ propane tanks.
- Had the Caretaker’s house sprayed for ants and spiders.
Roads & Equipment
- Met with volunteer and engineer Jesse Perrault to review the Ditches and Driveway Policy adopted in 2004, the plans for ditch repairs, and specific ditch issues.
- Ordered more dust control chemicals. Built a new water spray bar for the portable water tank, which is used to water the roads before spraying on the dust control chemical. Dust control will occur as soon as chemicals are available.
- Created and published the April, 2014 Ponderosa financial reports.
- Reviewed the monthly financial reports with the PCC Board of Trustees Treasurer, Stan Morgan.
- 2014 Month-end financial transactions and tax payments were completed.
- Mary, Chelcie, and Stan reviewed the Annual Financial Review Report with our accountant from the firm of CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA). The final report was produced by CLA and was available at the PCC Annual Member’s Meeting. Copies are also available in the office.
- Worked with our insurance company over a three week period to complete the paperwork, verify accuracy, and pay our annual insurance premium.
- Water was shut off to one member for non-payment of dues. Notification was sent that a lien would be filed if dues were not paid.
- Released a lien on a property when the dues were paid.
Support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Prepared for and attended the Board Meeting on May 10.
- Updated Vern Little & Daryn Wilbur with operational issues on a regular basis.
- Participated in an Executive Session conference call with the Board and our attorney on May 21 regarding the RH2 dispute.
- Emailed and mailed, via the US Postal Service, a letter from the PCC Board to all Ponderosa members regarding the letter RH2 sent to our members.
- Prepared for the Annual Member’s Meeting on May 24
- Thanks to volunteers Rose Ann Roberts, Kimberly Legg, Bobbie Lambert, and Sharyl Nelson for registering members and counting ballots.
- Provided information to the Board for the meeting Provided handouts from committees.
- Prepared Board Member Handbooks for the two new board members.
- Wrote articles for the Pine Needler.
- Worked with volunteer Jeanne Whitlow to update the website content which relates to the Board of Trustees.
- Published the updated PCC Operating Procedures, as the direction of the board.
- Provided information to the Board on one real estate issue.