Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements! Our major activities for May are listed below.
- The May ballot results are as follows:
- Claudia Kuniholm and Daryn Wilbur were elected as Board Members.
- The Shop Safety Upgrade measure passed by a wide margin.
- We received nearly 200 surveys – thank you for taking time to respond! We are tabulating the surveys and will publish the results.
- Chelcie notarized Owner Certificates for the Title Project and a number of other documents for homeowners.
- Responded to homeowners’ questions and comments about Owner Acknowledgement forms for the Title Project, greenbelts, gravel road maintenance, dead trees, water leaks, construction along the river, swimming pool, fire permits (they can only be issued by the Fire Department), Burn Day, swimming pool cards, and ballot issues.
- Prepared for the Annual Member’s Meeting held on May 30.
- Provided pool monitoring throughout the Memorial Day weekend.
- Created enforcement guidelines for the security guard we hired to patrol Memorial Day weekend. He was on duty each night from 8pm – 2am.
Buildings & Grounds Improvements
- NOTE: We’ve made some changes to the Clubhouse parking area to prevent driving on our septic tanks and drainfield. If you have ideas for how to utilize the space, please let us know.
- We changed propane vendors to reduce our costs, and we now have a much smaller tank near the Clubhouse.
Maintaining Water System, Roads, Pool and Facilities
- Graded and rolled the gravel roads and added gravel as needed.
- Applied dust control to the gravel roads we graded.
- To reduce costs, we built our own dust control spray boom system and can apply dust control using our pickup. We think this will significantly reduce our costs. It will also give us the flexibility to apply dust control when needed, rather than just once per year.
- Upper Bridle has had an on-going problem of water running over the road. We dug up the water valves and replaced two leaking valves.
- We’ve been monitoring the situation since replacing the valves and there may also be a spring in the area causing water runoff.
- Our plan is to install a drain at the water valves, just in case there is a spring, and fill in the hole.
- The drain will capture whatever runoff may occur. If there continues to be runoff, we’ll route the water to Camp 12 Road ditch.
- Supported the Fire Department on Burn Day May 22 by using our backhoe to manage the burn pile.
- Fixed a water main break on Camp 12 Road.
- Repaired water services for two homeowners who were affected by the water main break.
- Opened the swimming pool for Memorial Day weekend.
- Cleaned the pool, wading pool, bathrooms and pool deck.
- Tested all facets of the pool system, including the pool card security system.
- Replaced a failed pool pump.
- Added a dozen lounge chairs for the pool area.
- Fixed a toilet leak in women’s bathroom
- Modified the plumbing to eliminate the water hammer in the men’s bathroom.
- Fixed malfunctioning bathroom sink faucets.
- The failed booster pump motor for the water system will be replaced with a different type of motor called a VFD. Our engineer, Bill Schmidt, recommended this change and is leading the project as some re-engineering will be involved.
- In the meantime, we have tested the propane-powered emergency water pumping system and it is available as backup. (The propane system was developed to pump water if the electricity is out – particularly during a wildfire.)
- We made an insurance claim, and our insurance company will pay for about half the costs of replacing the booster pump motor.
- On the roads, we’ll patch some potholes on Stirrup in June. Later in the summer, we’ll chip seal some of our roads.
Financial Reporting & Management
- Completed & posted April 2010 financial reports & made federal tax payments.
- Our accounting firm of LeMaster Daniels completed our 2009 Financial Review in time for the Annual Member’s Meeting. Copies are available in the office.
- In June, we’ll send out invoices for the second half of homeowner dues. They will be due July 15th.
- Contacted homeowners with past due accounts to arrange for payment.
- The Board approved water shutoff letters for four homeowners for non-payment of dues.
- The Board is considering options with one foreclosure.
Support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Gave a tour of the maintenance shop, water system and pool system to Board members Daryn, Claudia and Jeanne.
- Met with the Watershed Committee Chair to discuss greenbelt projects and greenbelt encroachments.
- Tracked receipt of the 112 Owner Acknowledgement Forms regarding the Ponderosa Articles and Bylaws sent in late April.
- Contacted homeowners as a reminder.
- Prepared for and participated in the May 29 Board Meeting.
- Provided documentation and information to the Board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on three (3) issues.
- On a weekly basis, review status with Director of Operations.